Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crock-Pot Recipes

Does anyone have any good Crock-Pot recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    this could start a 500 page thread.

was in Costco several weeks ago, they had an enormous stack of lovely new Crock Pots at a silly low price ($28) so we bought one even though our old one was still functional (if worn)...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I have a good one. It's for boiling water which is good for all sorts of things.

1) Fill pot with water
    2) Wait 4 hours
    3) Use your boiling water.

Back in the day, perhaps 4,000 days ago when I was young, when my body could handle rich foods, when cream of mushroom soup was gourmet, I used to make the recipes below for après-ski meals. They were right out of the crock pot book. Please note that the only green vegetation involved is a bit of celery.

I miss those days.

Steak Soup

3 cups water
    1 10-oz pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
    1 lb coarsely ground beef or diced chuck roast (browned and drained)
    2 sall onions, chopped
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    1 16-oz can tomatoes, smushed
    2 to 4 tbs. beef base granules
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 tbs MSG (optional)
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup flour

Put all ingredients except butter and flour in pot. Cover and simmer for several hours. Before serving make a roux of 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup flour. Stir until smooth. Pour into soup and stir until thickened.

Serves 6

For a large group double the recipe.

This is a good winter recipe. We used to start this in a crock pot before we went (snow) skiing in the morning. It's ready for supper and wonderful after a day in the cold.

Continental Chicken

6 to 8 chicken breasts, boned
    6 to 8 slices of bacon
    1 pkg (2-3 oz) dried beef
    1 ten oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup flour

Arrange the dried beef on the bottom of a greased crock pot. Wrap each piece of boned chicken with a strip of bacon and lay on top of the dried beef. Mix the sour cream and four together. Mix with the soup. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook in crock pot 6 to 9 hours on low, 3 to 4 hours on high.

Server over hot buttered noodles.

Serve 6 to 8 (Actually 3 to 5)

I keep reading this as "Crack-Pot Recipes". If anyone would like to start that​ thread I am definitely interested.

I call it "Salsa Chicken"

2 lb chicken breasts (or tenderloins).

Cook on high for 2 hours, then shred with forks or a small blender.
    Add to pot:
    - 1 can corn
    - 1 can black beans
    - 1 can chunky salsa

Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

(If you want to "set it and forget it," you can cut the chicken up into cubes (or shred in advance), add remaining ingredients, then let it cook on low all day).

Serve with grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, flour tortillas, and chipotle tabasco.
    "There can BE only one."

The best crock pot meal ever imo will always be a pot roast.

Chuck roast
    Salt (more than you think due to vegetables and meat both)
    Black pepper
    Thyme
    Baby carrots
    Russet or Gold potatoes cut into bite sizes
    Chopped celery
    Chopped onions or just onion powder
    Minced garlic
    Beef broth

Slow cook for at the very least 8 hours. Some like to brown the meat before putting it in but I haven't tried that yet.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

https://www.theyummylife.com/Slow_Co...ey_Pasta_Sauce

Crock pot spaghetti sauce - using ground turkey. You do not need to brown the meat first.

Crockpot sheapards pie
    2 pounds ground beef browned.
    3/4pound sliced carrots
    3/4 pound peas
    4 cloves garlic minced
    Whole onion chopped up.
    worcestershire sauce 1ounce or so
    Table spoon pepper
    Teaspoon salt.
    16 ounce can of tomato sauce paste or crushed tomato.shedded cheese
    Either real mashed potatoes or instant 4 or 5 servings worth better more than less.
    Throw peas carrots in bottom of crock pot
    Add a 16 ounce can of tomato paste or sauce.
    Mix garlic and onion in ground beef.drain add ground beef on top of veggies.pour in worcestershire sauce.i use more than two ounces.you can put on low for 8 hrs or high for 5 hrs .add the mashed potatoes on the last hour spread them over the mixture to cover add cheese the last 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    The best crock pot meal ever imo will always be a pot roast.

Chuck roast
    Salt (more than you think due to vegetables and meat both)
    Black pepper
    Thyme
    Baby carrots
    Russet or Gold potatoes cut into bite sizes
    Chopped celery
    Chopped onions or just onion powder
    Minced garlic
    Beef broth

Slow cook for at the very least 8 hours. Some like to brown the meat before putting it in but I haven't tried that yet.
    I agree that a good crock pot roast is the best! Even though it's a bit of extra effort, we prepare a bone broth and use that for the roast. It's super nutritious, and absolutely tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Crockpot sheapards pie
    2 pounds ground beef browned.
    3/4pound sliced carrots
    3/4 pound peas
    4 cloves garlic minced
    Whole onion chopped up.
    worcestershire sauce 1ounce or so
    Table spoon pepper
    Teaspoon salt.
    16 ounce can of tomato sauce paste or crushed tomato.shedded cheese
    Either real mashed potatoes or instant 4 or 5 servings worth better more than less.
    Throw peas carrots in bottom of crock pot
    Add a 16 ounce can of tomato paste or sauce.
    Mix garlic and onion in ground beef.drain add ground beef on top of veggies.pour in worcestershire sauce.i use more than two ounces.you can put on low for 8 hrs or high for 5 hrs .add the mashed potatoes on the last hour spread them over the mixture to cover add cheese the last 20 minutes.
    Shepherd's pie uses lamb, cottage pie uses beef, just clarifying, having talked with a few English folk over the last few years. I use the crockpot from time to time, usually a pot roast or Brunswick stew. Many friends use venison in the pot roast recipe in place of chuck roast. Also use crockpot for Li'l smokies with grape jelly and chili sauce. Recommend searching on allrecipes.com and southernliving.com, maybe foodtv.com also., or epicurious.com. I use them all.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    ... grape jelly ...
    I recently used the crock-pot to make meatballs, then was at a party soon after where meatballs were served and the cook had not used a crock-pot but had used grape jelly on them. First I'd heard of that.

Love a crock-pot for bbq: put dry rub on pork ("Boston butt"), into the crock-pot for 3.5 hours on high, then 3.5 hours on low, remove and put a little sauce (vinegar/salt/pepper/ketchup/brown sugar) on it. Always terrific and met with rave reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I have a good one. It's for boiling water which is good for all sorts of things.

1) Fill pot with water
    2) Wait 4 hours
    3) Use your boiling water.

4. Freeze the unused water, that way you already have some boiled water ready to thaw in the future when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    4. Freeze the unused water, that way you already have some boiled water ready to thaw in the future when you need it.
    I freeze pre-boiled water in ice cube trays and store it in zip-lock bags to preserve it for future use. When I want to make hot tea I just add a couple of cubes of preserved pre-boiled water to the cup with tea bag and regular water. Then I pop it into the microwave for a couple of minutes and voilà, hot tea.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sorry in advance but I'm not one of those people who measure things when cooking.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
    Chicken breast
    Can of black beans - drained and rinsed
    Corn
    Can of diced tomatoes and chilis
    Corn
    Taco seasoning
    Chicken stock

Sometimes I'll cut up some bell peppers and onions to throw in or add some salsa. Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 then shred the chicken and you're good to go.

Chicken Bacon Ranch
    This is my ultimate lazy meal prep recipe.
    Chicken breast
    Uncooked bacon
    Ranch seasoning packet
    Cook on high for 3-4 hours then shred.
    No liquid needed, meat can be frozen or thawed.
    Put it in tacos, on hamburger buns, on top of a salad, in a baked potato or sweet potato. Lots of possibilities and very little effort needed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I have an old box of instant water ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I have an old box of instant water ...
    I know a lot of people would say it's ok to use -- especially if you're putting it in a crock-pot and heating it -- but I recommend checking the date and abiding by it.

from our Navy days

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I recently used the crock-pot to make meatballs, then was at a party soon after where meatballs were served and the cook had not used a crock-pot but had used grape jelly on them. First I'd heard of that.

Love a crock-pot for bbq: put dry rub on pork ("Boston butt"), into the crock-pot for 3.5 hours on high, then 3.5 hours on low, remove and put a little sauce (vinegar/salt/pepper/ketchup/brown sugar) on it. Always terrific and met with rave reviews.
    This was my "go to" when entertaining the wardroom, and never had leftovers. It was almost expected to be on the menu if you were having a crowd.

Grape Jelly Meatballs

Grape Jelly Meatballs - These easy to make, traditional, grape jelly and chili sauce meatballs are perfect for parties and game day gatherings! They make a great family friendly dinner served over rice too!

Prep Time
    5 mins

Cook Time
    3 hrs

Total Time
    3 hrs 5 mins

Course: AppetizerCuisine: AmericanServings: 50 MeatballsCalories: 47kcal

Ingredients

1 32 Ounce Bag Fully Cooked Frozen Meatballs
    2 12 Ounce Bottles Chili Sauce, I use Heinz
    1 32 Ounce Jar Grape Jelly

Instructions

Place the frozen meatballs in the bottom of your slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together the chili sauce and grape jelly (the mixture will not be completely smooth at this point, that's fine it will melt down in the slow cooker.)
    Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cook on low heat for 3 hours. Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer, or over rice as a main dish.
    Notes
    This recipe can easily be cut in half for a smaller crowd, or doubled to feed more!

Nutrition
    Calories: 47kcal | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 52mg | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 0.3% | Iron: 0.9%

Inspired by this thread and freezing cold weather headed down here to San Antonio, I'm making chili in my Crock Pot for dinner this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Inspired by this thread and freezing cold weather headed down here to San Antonio, I'm making chili in my Crock Pot for dinner this evening.
    Another crock pot must, chili.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking