Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 217
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Do you believe in Shammgod?
    Not as a deity, but he was a wizard.
    "Hey, that's Duke LaMere. You know what his name is? His name is Duke LaMere." - Dick Vitale, 12/2/2008 https://youtu.be/B9G9zFzi7Is

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Another hijack. I think Hitler will get 13 mpg and will drink Grolsch ale after games. Can we now get back to the thread topic? There are dozens of threads on paying players one could try tp revive that the rest of us could ignore.
    LOL, now I get to say “pay attention.” Those threads are closed. And some made refence to it here.

    When ever, on this site, has a thread never been high jacked. Attention is not a strong suit for about 85% of the population.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    No one's gonna care to pay to see "the Spartanburg Spartans" against the "Greensboro Greenies" or what have you.
    They will if it's Zion, Reddish and Barrett vs Morant, White and Little.

    People watch the college game because of the players. Do you think anyone would give a poop about Carolina Basketball if they had bad players? LOL! Ya right.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    They will if it's Zion, Reddish and Barrett vs Morant, White and Little.

    People watch the college game because of the players. Do you think anyone would give a poop about Carolina Basketball if they had bad players? LOL! Ya right.
    I have mixed thoughts on the whole thing, but even if we took the top 10% of talent out of college basketball, it wouldn't mean all we were left with is bad players. There are too many good college players with no real NBA/professional future to count.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    They will if it's Zion, Reddish and Barrett vs Morant, White and Little.

    People watch the college game because of the players. Do you think anyone would give a poop about Carolina Basketball if they had bad players? LOL! Ya right.
    Again, I do not understand the argument. I believe there are many, many people who watch college basketball and have little to no interest in professional basketball. I think college allegiance is a much higher factor for the interest of the game than the talent level of the players.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Again, I do not understand the argument. I believe there are many, many people who watch college basketball and have little to no interest in professional basketball. I think college allegiance is a much higher factor for the interest of the game than the talent level of the players.
    There is theoretically a threshold where if talent in college were depleted enough people would lose interest, but even a full minor league skimming off the top 100 players from each class doesn't get us there (and I don't think we'll ever see the G-League or any competitor draw that many college-aged players).

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    No one's gonna care to pay to see "the Spartanburg Spartans" against the "Greensboro Greenies" or what have you.
    Actually, it was the Greenville Greenies (minor league baseball)

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    ………………….. I think Hitler will get 13 mpg and will drink Grolsch ale after games...
    i think you meant kilometers per liter, and perhops Kölsch.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman10 View Post
    Those threads are closed. And some made refence to it here.

    When ever, on this site, has a thread never been high jacked. Attention is not a strong suit for about 85% of the population.
    Here is a "Pay the Players" thread which appears to be open. Nothing has been posted there since Oct 2017, but this seems like a good place to continue the discussion.


    As for the latest news from the NCAA, I gave up paying attention to the NCAA investigation/enforcement process after the UNC case. However, is it safe to assume that any school which is notified of allegations in July 2019 will be able to delay the process in a way that prevents the case being resolved before the end of the 2019-20 season?

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    Here is a "Pay the Players" thread which appears to be open. Nothing has been posted there since Oct 2017, but this seems like a good place to continue the discussion.


    As for the latest news from the NCAA, I gave up paying attention to the NCAA investigation/enforcement process after the UNC case. However, is it safe to assume that any school which is notified of allegations in July 2019 will be able to delay the process in a way that prevents the case being resolved before the end of the 2019-20 season?
    yup, it's a fools errand to try to predict what the dolts at the NCAA will do...just a pointless exercise. Will any of these teams use unc's playbook and simply delay, obfuscate, lie and obstruct via an army of lawyers?

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Again, I do not understand the argument. I believe there are many, many people who watch college basketball and have little to no interest in professional basketball. I think college allegiance is a much higher factor for the interest of the game than the talent level of the players.
    Agreed. I watch some NBA but I care about college basketball. As long as the play is competitive, I don’t care how it stacks up to the NBA. The only thing that would drive me away is if Duke was prevented from being on an even playing field/court...

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    They will if it's Zion, Reddish and Barrett vs Morant, White and Little.

    People watch the college game because of the players. Do you think anyone would give a poop about Carolina Basketball if they had bad players? LOL! Ya right.
    Of course they would! Haven't you ever watched sheep being herded? They stick together and go where they're told, bless their hearts.
    Love, Ima

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yup, it's a fools errand to try to predict what the dolts at the NCAA will do...just a pointless exercise. Will any of these teams use unc's playbook and simply delay, obfuscate, lie and obstruct via an army of lawyers?
    You forgot "typo."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Agreed. I watch some NBA but I care about college basketball. As long as the play is competitive, I don’t care how it stacks up to the NBA. The only thing that would drive me away is if Duke was prevented from being on an even playing field/court...
    But … we have not competed on an even playing field in years, probably decades. After all, Duke imposes some sort of academic standards. That is why I refuse to acknowledge uNC as a rival, and it gripes me no end to hear others talk about the "rivalry".

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    In the story that will never end, former Arizona assistant Book Richardson claims he paid a high school coach $40k to fabricate a class on the transcript of Rawlee Alkins so that he would remain eligible. As far as I know, this is a new allegation completely separate from everything else that has previously come out on Arizona from the FBI’s case. At this point you have to wonder what exactly Arizona has to do for the NCAA to take any action. There have been FBI wiretaps of their assistant coach admitting he paid for players, yet nothing. Perhaps they are actually investigating and simply haven’t made anything public, but geez.

    Link

    As an aside, remember during the summer when some NCAA insider claimed that six schools would be receiving notices of allegations by August? Whatever happened with that? So far NC State is the only one we know of.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    In the story that will never end, former Arizona assistant Book Richardson claims he paid a high school coach $40k to fabricate a class on the transcript of Rawlee Alkins so that he would remain eligible. As far as I know, this is a new allegation completely separate from everything else that has previously come out on Arizona from the FBI’s case. At this point you have to wonder what exactly Arizona has to do for the NCAA to take any action. There have been FBI wiretaps of their assistant coach admitting he paid for players, yet nothing. Perhaps they are actually investigating and simply haven’t made anything public, but geez.

    Link

    As an aside, remember during the summer when some NCAA insider claimed that six schools would be receiving notices of allegations by August? Whatever happened with that? So far NC State is the only one we know of.
    Maybe the “insider” was actually Manalishi?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Maybe the “insider” was actually Manalishi?
    Ouch!
    #throwbackthursday

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    LOL, I followed the whole Manalishi storyline for months. It provided some great entertainment, but the ending was a disappointment.

    In this case though, it was an actual NCAA official who made this claim, on the record. Here is the link I originally posted back in June. And he said the NOA’s were coming by “early July.” My guess is that the schools involved simply haven’t made it public that they have received them. They are under no obligation to do so, and maybe they don’t want their recruits to bail before practice starts, although anyone can file a FOI request with them.
    Last edited by UrinalCake; 09-12-2019 at 08:44 AM.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    LOL, I followed the whole Manalishi storyline for months. It provided some great entertainment, but the ending was a disappointment.

    In this case though, it was an actual NCAA official who made this claim, on the record. Here is the link I originally posted back in June. And he said the NOA’s were coming by “early July.” My guess is that the schools involved simply having made it public that they have received them. They are under no obligation to do so, and maybe they don’t want their recruits to bail before practice starts, although anyone can file a FOI request with them.
    If the schools are public universities...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Now Gilbert Arenas accusing Duke. At least it's men of impeccable character (Avenatti, etc.) that are making the accusations. Supported by Stephen A. Smith:

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...vTS?li=BBnb7Kz

Similar Threads

  1. Adidas Scandal (FBI Investigation, Several Schools Impacted)
    By hallcity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1162
    Last Post: 02-23-2018, 10:46 PM
  2. Louisville to Vacate Title for Adidas Scandal
    By richardjackson199 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-26-2018, 02:00 PM
  3. DBR Podcast Episode #85: Emergency Adidas Scandal Reaction
    By Dev11 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-29-2017, 12:57 PM
  4. UNC Scandal latest
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •