Are Anger and Kindness Contageous?

I have many anecdotes indicating emotions like anger and happiness are contagious. There was a story on NPR this morning saying that there is scientific evidence this is is the case. I'm not surprised at all.

A link to NPR story.

One takeaway from this is that we all have power to affect the world we live in, sowing good seeds or bad.

Have a good day and pass it on.

You have to be cruel to be kind. I heard that on the radio, too.

(I agree with your point — life is often what you make it, so be happy and spread it around. Always pay it forward.)

I agree that kindness is contagious but don't agree that anger is. Most people shy away from angry people.

Not that I know anything about the latter since I am the source of all light and joy in my household. Unless there is excessive crap left within my eye scan.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Can this article be both fascinating and not surprising?

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I agree that kindness is contagious but don't agree that anger is. Most people shy away from angry people.

Not that I know anything about the latter since I am the source of all light and joy in my household. Unless there is excessive crap left within my eye scan.
    Maybe anger isn't but I believe negativity is. Seen it in action too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

Except on message boards? Where any angry reply begets a dozen angry replies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Except on message boards? Where any angry reply begets a dozen angry replies?
    Is that a positive negative feedback loop?