Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ it is a mess. It will be most interesting to see how Jolly Roger Goodell deals with this, since he's supposed to monitor the sins of owners as well as players...I'm sure whatever he does will be reactive and wrongfooted.
    Well Panther owner Jerry Richardson was given the Nixon treatment (the quiet meeting telling Jerry he had to go). He is even older than Kraft, not in great health anyway, and his harassment was in the office of the NFL team. That fact made it officially an NFL issue.

I've no idea whether this is an "official" NFL issue or not, but it certainly is a PR nightmare. And of course the alleged activities are more serious.

The probable cause affidavit places Robert Kraft inside the Orchids of Asia Day Spa between 1059aE and 1113aE on January 20th, 2019. That's the day of the AFC championship game in KC. So, Kraft got his "massage" in the morning and then flew to KC for the game.

Also, would it be bad form for me to snicker about Kraft spending 14 total minutes in the spa... he finished quickly.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The probable cause affidavit places Robert Kraft inside the Orchids of Asia Day Spa between 1059aE and 1113aE on January 20th, 2019. That's the day of the AFC championship game in KC. So, Kraft got his "massage" in the morning and then flew to KC for the game.

Also, would it be bad form for me to snicker about Kraft spending 14 total minutes in the spa... he finished quickly.
    Happy Ending. For the beer ( https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/273/19488/) and the game, of course.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Too soon, Jason.

Too soon.

😂

SHEESH you can't even get the quick "sit out front" reflexology treatment in that time....

Converting to the correct units of measure, that 14 minutes is actually 56 pitinos (or 5.6 decapitinos).

He was just running the “two-minute offense”

IMO, this situation makes no sense. Kraft is one of the richest men in the world and is single. His dates should have dates. Why was this even a consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    IMO, this situation makes no sense. Kraft is one of the richest men in the world and is single. His dates should have dates. Why was this even a consideration?
    Because he wasn't interested in a date, just the sex act. And he was perhaps too cheap to use a discreet high-class agency. (Not that any business is 100% guaranteed to protect your secret. Heidi Fleiss eventually revealed names from her little black book, for example. The best way to not get caught is to not do it.) Caveat: Kraft is only accused at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Well, everyone has been wondering who would jump off the Patriots dynasty train first, Brady or Bill. Who knew it would be Robert Kraft stepping down first. I feel bad for his wife/kids, unless they all knew it and were ok with it.

But $59-$79 for services? Mr. Kraft is consistently frugal in all areas of his life I suppose.
    The AP story said that according to police reports, he handed over a couple of bills, one of which was $100. If he had only paid $59 to $79, I actually *would* think he was aware of human trafficking behind the parlor because a quick google search shows that the industry standard for half an hour is about $150 and a full hour is about $200. (I'm guessing this wasn't Kraft's first time.)

The other interesting factoid I suppose is that Kraft visited the same parlor 17 hours apart. He went both the day before the AFC championship game and the morning of.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    a quick google search shows that the industry standard for half an hour is about $150 and a full hour is about $200. (I'm guessing this wasn't Kraft's first time.)
    It appears he had higher expectations of himself than reality allowed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It appears he had higher expectations of himself than reality allowed.
    This is perhaps the worst nitpick I've ever made on DBR, but technically, the jokes about Kraft being quick don't work. If we were talking about regular sex between two consenting adults, then yes, lasting long and pleasing the female partner is a goal. But the only goal of prostitution is for the consumer to discharge gametes from his body (that's the best I could do to not be gross, and I may have failed), something he pays for. The "provider" indeed was probably thrilled that Kraft was quick so she didn't have to deal with him further.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Converting to the correct units of measure, that 14 minutes is actually 56 pitinos (or 5.6 decapitinos).
    This is POTY material. Do we have a Post of the Year? If not, I think we should...

This is perhaps the worst nitpick I've ever made on DBR, but technically, the jokes about Kraft being quick don't work. .
    Agreed, and I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Ask Hugh Grant.

I'll take conversations-I-didn't-think-we'd-be-having-a-week-ago for 200, Alex.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This is perhaps the worst nitpick I've ever made on DBR, but technically, the jokes about Kraft being quick don't work.
    You've been on DBR forever...you need to up your nitpick game!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He was just running the “two-minute offense”
    Additional proof that on DBR, almost every thread eventually involves a "minutes" discussion.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Ask Hugh Grant.
    Yep, another situation that made no sense. Elizabeth Hurley is still beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post

I put no moral judgment on paying for sex or being paid for sex. Fine with me if that's the extent of it. However, the idea that he had no clue that human trafficking was likely involved is totally absurd (if the allegations are true). Personally, I think they should legalize prostitution precisely because it would reduce incentive for trafficking.
    Further, keep in mind that any activity that is illegal almost by definition is unregulated. It's not like there's some glass-steagall equivalent separating adults from minors in the sex trafficking trade. Investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's, shall we say, dalliances with underage women has pulled into the conversation some prominent names including Alan Dershowitz and Donald Trump. You can't slap a "well it was between consenting adults" label on it and excuse what Kraft did because it's highly probable it contributes to the perverse abuse of minors.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    You left off one.
    Fine. I'm sure there's more.