Granddaughter Update.

My middle grandgirl has narrowed her choices to Duke and UNCG. I think UNCG has the edge, her older sister plays there as a freshman this year.

Also, the youngest granddaughter's choral group from SW Middle School is singing the anthem at the opening of the ACC Women's tourney!

She was MVP on the middle school team last year, so soon all three will be playing in college soon! Good times..Sorry for the bragging..

Bragging about your grandchildren is always appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Bragging about your grandchildren is always appropriate.
    Not just a right, it’s a duty.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    My middle grandgirl has narrowed her choices to Duke and UNCG. I think UNCG has the edge, her older sister plays there as a freshman this year.

Also, the youngest granddaughter's choral group from SW Middle School is singing the anthem at the opening of the ACC Women's tourney!

She was MVP on the middle school team last year, so soon all three will be playing in college soon! Good times..Sorry for the bragging..
    My S.O. went to UNCG undergrad through PhD, and then she taught there. Nothing wrong with it, but compared to Duke? Will she get a scholarship? Saw today that next year tuition at Duke will be ~$55,000 with the full cost $73,800.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Ozzie
    Don't think Duke has offered just yet, but UNCG has. And she told me the other day she wants to play with Kady, her sister. I would love to see her at Duke, of course.

My middle granddaughter showed why she is being recruited last night. 4 of 4 at the plate, including a double and a home run. The oldest is going to catch at UNCG, and has been hitting for the fence so far. The youngest went a combined 4 for 7 in two games, including a triple.
    Love my little athletes!!

Just an update. The middle girl is leading her league with a .643 batting average! And the youngest is second in her middle school league, batting .547!
    Our oldest knocked in 2 runs as UNCG beat Samford 9-0!
    Go girls!!

Way to go, Granddaughters!

My oldest kid just learned how to chew food while keeping his mouth closed! He's half way to a degree from Carolina (not that I'd ever let him go there)

Give your kid a big congratulations for managing the impossible task of helping these little people grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    My oldest kid just learned how to chew food while keeping his mouth closed! He's half way to a degree from Carolina (not that I'd ever let him go there)
    Oh snap! Can't give you any more reputation but that made me laugh. Watch out though, boys are extreme excitement for many years. I'll bet he's adorable...like his mother.

And congrats to Granddaughter Devilwin!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh snap! Can't give you any more reputation but that made me laugh. Watch out though, boys are extreme excitement for many years. I'll bet he's adorable...like his mother.

And congrats to Granddaughter Devilwin!
    Thanks. They are really making me proud!

The oldest tripled in her last game, and played great defense in left field. The middle girl slammed two home runs as they took down West 14-4. The baby went 4 for 5 in two games this week, including an inside the park homer!

Middle Granddaughter led her team to the Travel Ball title in Spartenburg, SC over the weekend. In four games, she went 7 for ten, including a triple. She made the All District team as well! My son said several colleges are looking at her now, including three ACC schools, including Duke..For some reason though she wants to go to ECU

Middle Granddaughter led her team to the Travel Ball title in Spartenburg, SC over the weekend. In four games, she went 7 for ten, including a triple. She made the All District team as well! My son said several colleges are looking at her now, including three ACC schools, including Duke..For some reason though she wants to go to ECU
    ECU is a fun place to be for 18-22 year olds

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    ECU is a fun place to be for 18-22 year olds
    Congrats to her for having so many excellent choices.

Side note, Greenville is the largest population in NC without an interstate going through it. (For now at least...264 is being converted at some point to Interstate 587.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

She made ALL STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's All Conference, League MVP, All District, and now All State! Way to go, Kandyce! (And she has another year)

She made ALL STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's All Conference, League MVP, All District, and now All State! Way to go, Kandyce! (And she has another year)
    Congratulations!