Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I feel pretty confident, based on not much except intuition, that Zion will lace 'em up again for Duke and continue to play well.

Just hoping they reinforce the seams in whatever shoe he chooses to lace up....
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I feel pretty confident, based on not much except intuition, that Zion will lace 'em up again for Duke and continue to play well...
    I'm with you.

And I'll be sitting in front of the house in my car and listening to the Coach K show on Sirius this evening. Recorded this morning, it will likely be cryptic but maybe hearing K put this all into perspective will help me stop being so mopey.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'm with you.

And I'll be sitting in front of the house in my car and listening to the Coach K show on Sirius this evening. Recorded this morning, it will likely be cryptic but maybe hearing K put this all into perspective will help me stop being so mopey.
    weezie please be sure to let us know what the Coach says or doesn't say. GoDuke!

I'm with you.

It's days like these when my analyst wishes she hadn't given me her cell number.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 02-21-2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: You'd think I'd get better treatment from my sister in law.

I believe Duke has a practice scheduled for 1:45 this aft. We may learn more then.

Gosh this is all over national media. All the sports talk shows are going on and on about it.

I agree with all the other posters here, if Zion can recover 100% before the end of the season, he will come back. He loves this team and he considers them his brothers.

Lets hope the diagnosis today is positive and he can come back for Miami or Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I feel pretty confident, based on not much except intuition, that Zion will lace 'em up again for Duke and continue to play well.

Just hoping they reinforce the seams in whatever shoe he chooses to lace up...
    It should be based on more than intuition. Zion addressed this discussion after Pippen's comments. I don't see how a mild knee strain changes things. We know he is super competitive, loves playing with RJ and his teammates, wants the college experience, and doesn't want to "let his teammates down". He will be back soon...with reinforced shoes.

Coach K's show on Sirius

I'm with you.

Weezie you can download the Sirius ap on your phone/ipad etc. and listen to Coach K in the comfort of your home.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Boozer's advice was that as long as you're healthy you should go and play and try to win that title, because this is the only chance you'll have in your life to do that and the NBA will always be there.
    Boozer’s advice reminds me of what happened in 2000-2001 season. He injured his foot and didn’t play in the latter part of the season. He came back for the tournament and the rest is history. With that said, as much as I’d love for Zion to lead Duke to the sixth championship, I don’t wish my personal (and our collective) desire to jeopardize his health or career. Zion should do what he wants to do... #goduke

Zion-Williamsons-season-at-duke-will-have-bigger-payoff-than-straight-to-nba

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...w1dxrf5rcny58y

I thought this was an interesting article from Sporting News by Mike DeCourcy and I agree with most of it. Zion has been great for Duke, but Duke basketball has been around a while too, and I think that is a two way street.

"The Duke-Zion relationship has worked beautifully for both, and the reality is that it has been far more lucrative for the player. Duke hasn’t struggled to sell a basketball ticket for decades. Its games have been nationally broadcast for years. Into that machine stepped a singular force of nature, Zion, who will emerge more mature, more accomplished, more marketable. That’s how college is supposed to work."

I hope he fully recovers quickly from the blown shoe and helps Duke win #6, which will be great for Duke fans, but will also only add to the Zion brand.

Quote Originally Posted by BullBlue View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...w1dxrf5rcny58y

I thought this was an interesting article from Sporting News by Mike DeCourcy and I agree with most of it. Zion has been great for Duke, but Duke basketball has been around a while too, and I think that is a two way street.

"The Duke-Zion relationship has worked beautifully for both, and the reality is that it has been far more lucrative for the player. Duke hasn’t struggled to sell a basketball ticket for decades. Its games have been nationally broadcast for years. Into that machine stepped a singular force of nature, Zion, who will emerge more mature, more accomplished, more marketable. That’s how college is supposed to work."

I hope he fully recovers quickly from the blown shoe and helps Duke win #6, which will be great for Duke fans, but will also only add to the Zion brand.
    A thousand sporks to you and DeCourcy....yes, Zion and Duke have been great for each other. Duke without Zion would not be as big as Duke with Zion, but Clemson or South Carolina with Zion would be nothing close to Duke and Zion. Two way street indeed, and both lanes are packed.

Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post
    Weezie you can download the Sirius ap on your phone/ipad etc. and listen to Coach K in the comfort of your home.
    Yes, understood gotoguy.

There's something much more martyr-ish in sitting in the car and glaring at anyone who dares approach, though...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Given the nature of his injury, it seems that re-injury should be highly predictable and hence, avoidable. And I can't imagine a re-injury of that knee would see him slide in the draft unless it was some catastrophic destruction of tissue. I think playing again when it's medically advisable would boost his endorsement stock even further.

That said, there are tons of Duke haters and college hoops haters who are advising him otherwise.

Just watched DBP Episode 19 from this year. The answer to the thread question is yes.

Yes, understood gotoguy.

There's something much more martyr-ish in sitting in the car and glaring at anyone who dares approach, though...
    Locking the doors when they get close adds to the intensity.

Looking Like the Answer to the Thread Question is...

Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Has this actually been verified that he was seen jogging?
    I wouldn't give you false hope... it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Locking the doors when they get close adds to the intensity.
    I prefer to unlock the doors and focus my laser attention upon anyone who dares approach. It was only the cat this evening.

Actually, as predicted, K didn't say a whole lot and for once, I'm not so sure he knows much right now. The words, "optimistic" "knee is stable" "24-48 hours" provide direction. K recognized that the entire crowd went into shock. No other references to anybody else on the team.

He's not the type of guy to fret and nail bite, we all know that, so we wait and hope for good news.

At some point in their college careers when they have already secured their draft position, every player takes a risk by continuing to play. At some point last year Bagley secured his position in the draft. It was certainly before the NCAA or ACC tournaments but no one recommended that he stop playing. Why didn't he stop playing or any other player stop playing? I guess its because they enjoy the game too much and think the risk is worth taking. Seriously, why is this even a topic of conversation? It is not unique to Zion and sitting out the rest of the season is not going to happen if he is healthy enough to play. Isn't this all self-evident?

Quote Originally Posted by tendev View Post
    Seriously, why is this even a topic of conversation? It is not unique to Zion and sitting out the rest of the season is not going to happen if he is healthy enough to play. Isn't this all self-evident?
    It is a topic of conversation because to someone like Jay Will or Scottie Pippen - not to mention all of the morons on Around The Horn, it is NOT all self evident. This conversation is started by the side that says he should shut it down. By definition, it has to be. Otherwise it's not a conversation.