Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Here's the video (the 17 or 18 second mark seems key): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVkAQmPqS4

Maybe someone with skills could post a frame-by-frame.

At the 17 second mark, when Zion has both feet off the floor at the same time, his legs are at an odd angle, and that's before (as I'm seeing it) any slip or shoe malfunction.
    The left shoe starts to unravel at the very instant it hits the floor....which is when/where all Zion's weight is - the right knee reacted immediately, but it was a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Here's the video (the 17 or 18 second mark seems key): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVkAQmPqS4

Maybe someone with skills could post a frame-by-frame.

At the 17 second mark, when Zion has both feet off the floor at the same time, his legs are at an odd angle, and that's before (as I'm seeing it) any slip or shoe malfunction.
    I think the shoe has already split at the 17 second mark. You just can't see it well because the camera is on the opposite side as the split. The split happens as soon as the foot puts the pressure down (as in, as he's planting). The shoe splits and his socked foot is then on the ground which causes the slide, which causes the knee strain.

Now, the shoe doesn't come up the leg until later, which is when I think people are attributing the shoe failure incorrectly. But that's well after the failure of the shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Main thing I got out of those articles was Zion has tiny feet for his size. He wears an 11. I wear a 14 for example and I'm half his size.
    You're half his size? You must be pretty dang big!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Big but in different areas than Zion. My big has a concentration around my stomach and hips.

Main thing I got out of those articles was Zion has tiny feet for his size. He wears an 11. I wear a 14 for example and I'm half his size.
    That is remarkable. I wear a 13, and I'm 6" shorter and 100lbs lighter. At least it's easy for him to shop for shoes (not that he'll ever have to do that again come next year), which I imagine is a rarity for most people his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Big but in different areas than Zion. My big has a concentration around my stomach and hips.
    And big in the perm, right?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I wonder if his feet not being as long with his weight if it isnt better for his bones.i would tend to think longer bones would flex more and stress more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    That is remarkable. I wear a 13, and I'm 6" shorter and 100lbs lighter. At least it's easy for him to shop for shoes (not that he'll ever have to do that again come next year), which I imagine is a rarity for most people his size.
    The N&O original story was wrong -- it's now been corrected; he wears a size 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    The N&O original story was wrong -- it's now been corrected; he wears a size 15.
    That still sounds on the smaller size!
    April 1