Dukies in the NBA All Star weekend 2019

No discussion whatsoever of the NBA all star weekend that saw a Duke player win the skills challenge, one compete in the 3 point contest, and one play PG in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No discussion whatsoever of the NBA all star weekend that saw a Duke player win the skills challenge, one compete in the 3 point contest, and one play PG in the game...
    Just speaking for myself, I can't remember the last time I watched an NBA all-star game. And I use the term "game" somewhat loosely. Real basketball games have some defensive effort.

I was busy watching, "Hell or High Water."

Nowadays the only All-Star game I bother with is baseball. There was a time when the NFL's game used to mean something. Back when a trip to Hawaii was a big deal and the winner's share was a good part of a players annual salary. Yes I know, I'm old.

Geez, tough crowd! I for one enjoyed watching JT stuff it to Trae Young in the skills competition. The game itself was a snooze fest with very little Duke intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by godins View Post
    Geez, tough crowd! I for one enjoyed watching JT stuff it to Trae Young in the skills competition. The game itself was a snooze fest with very little Duke intrigue.
    The last few minutes were actually fun to watch as Lebron's team put on some pressure. Kyrie has some very nice moments in the stretch.

I attended the 1980 All-Star game in Landover MD. The 3 point line was implemented that season. Larry Bird hit the first 3 pointer in an NBA all star game in OVERTIME Last night there were 62 3 pointers.

I had it on while doing other things. Not the best basketball I have ever seen but still fun. Steph’s bounce alley-pop to Giannis was impressive - Tre and Zion need to work on that for Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    I attended the 1980 All-Star game in Landover MD. The 3 point line was implemented that season. Larry Bird hit the first 3 pointer in an NBA all star game in OVERTIME Last night there were 62 3 pointers.
    And some were 4 pointers using the celebrity All Star rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I always watch Saturday night, but never Sunday, as I find the game to be pretty dull.

Nice to see Tatum win the Skills Challenge. The three point contest was really exciting. The dunk contest was terrible this year.

I thought Dennis Smith Jr might make things a sweep for the ACC (UVA's Joe Harris somehow won the three point contest), but he couldn't close the deal with the dunk contest.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    And 167 attempts....

I love the NBA but the All Star game can be a bit rough to watch. I do watch all the other events though.

My favorite things to watch in order:

1. Celebrity All Star game
    2. 3 point contest
    3. Rising stars game
    4. Skills challenge
    5. Dunk contest (almost worse than the All Star game now)
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I thought the all star game was fun and the dunk contest the worst. I actually thought Dennis Smiths dunk was the best. Next years dunk contest might be a lot more interesting.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Next years dunk contest might be a lot more interesting.
    ...can't imagine why...
    Last edited by -jk; 02-18-2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I thought the all star game was fun and the dunk contest the worst. I actually thought Dennis Smiths dunk was the best. Next years dunk contest might be a lot more interesting.
    Next year is in Chicago. Imagine if the Bulls win the lottery (which is a reasonably likely event), pick Zion, and he is in the dunk contest on his home court with MJ looking on. That should get ratings...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Next year is in Chicago. Imagine if the Bulls win the lottery (which is a reasonably likely event), pick Zion, and he is in the dunk contest on his home court with MJ looking on. That should get ratings...
    No one team--even the worst--is "reasonably likely" to win the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    No one team--even the worst--is "reasonably likely" to win the lottery.
    The odds of the Bulls winning the lottery are significantly greater than the odds of most of the other teams. I and everyone else here know they they aren’t great, but they are a lot better than the odds of the Warriors getting him.

I was posing a whimsical hypothetical - I greatly appreciate your knowledge and insights on DBR but please relax a little bit before being so quick to correct people.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...can't imagine why...
    This years winner Diallo lost to Zion before and wants a rematch...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uOdqUn2HmLs
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The odds of the Bulls winning the lottery are significantly greater than the odds of most of the other teams. I and everyone else here know they they aren’t great, but they are a lot better than the odds of the Warriors getting him.

I was posing a whimsical hypothetical - I greatly appreciate your knowledge and insights on DBR but please relax a little bit before being so quick to correct people.
    A whimsical hypothetical?

That seems reasonably likely.