Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    We should find wisdom with The Mountain in Game of Thrones.

It took use of both his hands to effectively crush Oberyn's dome.

Based on this 100% scientific correlation, while I would like to think Zion can crush the basketball, with one hand, it would probably take two hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    It takes about 500 pounds or so to crush a skull.average guy can apply 200 pounds.(I looked this up a while ago when Oberyn skull was crushed.)
    I believe a basketball with its elasticity is harder to crush.a chimpanzee is about 4 times stronger than a man.i haven't seen one crush a soccer ball.i doubt he could.i would think it would take 1000 to 1500 pounds depending on the method used.ive seen softballs hold up 10000 pounds.we put it under a container at work.it was dented but not crushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Hey hey hey... SPOILER ALERT MUCH?
    It's a couple of minor characters so not much of a spoiler. And, if anyone has not watched the show, they won't remember this conversation by the time they see the scene. It's just interesting to me that two people independently thought of the same scene when talking about Zion crushing a basketball.

Anyway, this thread and the one talking UNC-Duke are nice diversions, but we really need to get back to the pre-game thread and focus on the Wyatt Walker that will be attacking Duke tomorrow. I would guess the Wyatt Walker is about 25 miles from the walls of Cameron right now. By tomorrow evening, it'll be right outside the wall!

Think of it this way, an average human can:
    1) Pop a cheap balloon with his or her hands
    2) Squish a cantaloupe with his or her hands (if they are big and strong)
    3) Not even dent a coconut with his or her bare hands

The key differentiator here is the material of the object being crushed. We need a materials science engineer to opine on the tensile strength of a Men's NCAA basketball.

Surely, one of our DBR posters dabbles in materials science. Maybe Old Ficus knows someone who knows someone?
    Last edited by Fish80; 02-15-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: english

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Think of it this way, an average human can:
    1) Pop a cheap balloon with his or her hands
    2) Squish a cantaloupe with his or her hands (if they are big and strong)
    3) Not even dent a coconut with his or her bare hands

The key differentiator here is the material of the object being crushed. We need a materials science engineer to opine on the tensile strength of a Men's NCAA basketball.

Surely, one of our DBR posters dabbles in materials science. Maybe Old Ficus knows someone who knows someone?
    an evacuated basketball is pliable, so we're somewhere between a balloon and a canteloupe.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Zion laughs at the laws of physics!
    Unfortunately, so does Kyrie ?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It's a couple of minor characters so not much of a spoiler. And, if anyone has not watched the show, they won't remember this conversation by the time they see the scene. It's just interesting to me that two people independently thought of the same scene when talking about Zion crushing a basketball.

Anyway, this thread and the one talking UNC-Duke are nice diversions, but we really need to get back to the pre-game thread and focus on the Wyatt Walker that will be attacking Duke tomorrow. I would guess the Wyatt Walker is about 25 miles from the walls of Cameron right now. By tomorrow evening, it'll be right outside the wall!
    I was 95% joking. The wife and I are rrwatching GoT in advance of the final season and just last night had the Red Wedding. We need to step up our pace of consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I was 95% joking. The wife and I are rrwatching GoT in advance of the final season and just last night had the Red Wedding. We need to step up our pace of consumption.
    Gotcha. Interestingly, widespread references to the "Red Wedding" is probably one of the biggest spoilers of my lifetime. I had knew there was something called the "Red Wedding" before I ever binge-watched GoT, and when the moment came, the impact was lessened so much because I was able to say, "Oh crud, this is probably it." I wished it had been constantly referenced as "The Thing That Happened" (or something like that) instead.

Basketball

Why even talk about this when we already know, if you watched the Canada games, that Zion can't even rip a loonie?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilsince72 View Post
    Based on the picture of Zion denting the basketball vs Louisville, does anyone think its possible that he can pop a basketball?

How unreal would it be to see that? Like Bo Jackson breaking the bat over his leg like a twig, I'd love to see Zion just get really mad in a game and pop a ball.

Internet would explode.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

(And, as noted by BandAlum, Zion is wonderful in his composure.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

zion.jpg

Bringing some evidence to the debate...

Quote Originally Posted by blUDAYvil View Post
    zion.jpg

Bringing some evidence to the debate...
    ah...so he can also rip the rim off the stanchion.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

Well played. Wyatt Walker 😁.

GOT may also be on the brain due to Bud Light Super Bowl commercial when The Mt. takes out the blue knight.

Oh no, I’m being controlled by corporate marketing!

Patrick Davidson can explode a medicine ball, using only his pinky fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    A gator or a crocodile could pop a basketball.
    But a StrayGator could not! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Unfortunately, so does Kyrie ?
    ba-da-bum - clang