Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stealth View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the current overbloated conference but I will say that at least the permanent rivals do fit together pretty well. The one that seems to have the least historical tie is probably UVA-Louisville, which at least has state continguity albeit with a mountain range in between. Georgia Tech and Notre Dame at least have some football history that fits them together decently. It's still dumb that Louisville is in the ACC and not Maryland.
    I want no part of the terps in the ACC. Their fans spoiled that for me. They are not our rivals. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    you must mean BC, right?
    Not just TV. I watched the Pitt-BC game, and the attendance was what one would expect at an intramural championship game. Even the courtside seats were largely empty.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Not just TV. I watched the Pitt-BC game, and the attendance was what one would expect at an intramural championship game. Even the courtside seats were largely empty.
    BC basketball attendance is generally poor. However, as I was in Boston for work Tuesday night I can attest to the fact the Boston was getting 4-6 inches of snow that was turning to freezing rain/sleet from ~4pm onward Tuesday evening. That likely played a role in the even worse than normal attendance.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    That's a great graphic. Very helpful for visualizing the match ups.

UVA's other annual H&A was to be MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stealth View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the current overbloated conference but I will say that at least the permanent rivals do fit together pretty well. The one that seems to have the least historical tie is probably UVA-Louisville, which at least has state continguity albeit with a mountain range in between. Georgia Tech and Notre Dame at least have some football history that fits them together decently. It's still dumb that Louisville is in the ACC and not Maryland.
    Then Maryland walked, so the league stuck Louisville in rather than redo the entire grid. At least as long as Bennett is at Virginia and K at Duke, I wish they played H&A every year - and the netowrks would love that too since those 2 games have been the highest ratings this year.

Chris Mack seems to be doing well at L'ville - I believe they will be a contender in the top 4-5 every year.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I want no part of the terps in the ACC. Their fans spoiled that for me. They are not our rivals. GoDuke!
    While I miss UMd, I don't miss worrying about my car with a Duke sticker, or - worse yet - not putting one on my latest one.

Some of my MD neighbors are really wigged out...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yeah, it had that Wally Wade noon kick quality to it....

Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post
    The short term good new for me is that the Devils will be in Atlanta to play Tech two years in a row, '20 and '21. Now it's every other alternating with the Cheats
    I'm with you on that!