Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    That blows my mind. Wendell is not playing poorly, and offensively he's been improving lately (until the injury). It blows my mind that Jr. J-Gold 's oRating is almost .30 better than any highly ranked Fr., let alone one who is a key contributor.
    As noted, the very low usage contributes heavily to Goldwire’s o-rating and defenders have been laying off him. Certainly don’t consider his offense a strong suit. However, it’s remarkable how he’s improved this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Sample size is probably a factor here. JGold only took 44 shots all of last season and only made 12 of them, and it's not hard to imagine that he just underperformed as far as making shots in that small sample. (Maybe, if he took 44 shots a million times, he averages 20 made shots, for example). Likely, JGold wasn't nearly as bad offensively as his stats (common or advanced) suggested last season. And the defense was already good.
    all getting a lot of minutes.
    I'm guessing he has improved some but maybe not as dramatically as small samples would suggest.

I mean, whatever the case, glad that he's a good rotation player for Duke.
    We had 3 highly rated players and Tre getting a lot of minutes last season. There simply was not a lot of PT for JGold and he didn't really earn more than the PT he got. Nice to see him make the improvement and gain in confidence as a result. Experience does count and JGold has gotten a lot better through his hard work.