Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Early birthday gift for Coach K!

Thank goodness the Goldwire Express made the delivery a little early.

Just think how Kentucky fans are feeling that we got our late call reviewed and they didn't...makes this even sweeter!!!!

Still can't believe what I just saw.

When Louisville was at about 60 points, I remember thinking they needed to get to 70 to win. Didn’t know how right I was!

Calipari is gonna be livid

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    What the ****. Jesus, what a game.
    Calipari is gonna be livid at this review and his non review...livid I tell ya
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Has anyone followed up on the review rules? I was quite sure that block/charge wasn’t a reviewable call (much like offensive goaltending wasn’t in the UK/LSU game). I’ve never been happier to be wrong, but something is gnawing at me that something was still awry there.
    That changed starting this year I believe.

The switch to a zone press by K was brilliant. And he had a nice wrinkle... they’d have two guys in the backcourt pressuring the ball. When Louisville would get by Tre, he’d sneakily trail the play and make a late break on the ball for a steal attempt from behind.

Louisville had no answer, and no real ball handler to break down the press. And they got super conservative on offense late in the game. They’d get into the lane with an advantage and back it out again, then settle for a contested shot. Mack blowing through all his timeouts hurt them with late game adjustments.

And how about Zion, playing his tail off, getting steals and drives on offense with 4 fouls. That was a huge difference.

Then Cam got hot at the right time... so many things had to go right as a team for this comeback, and they did.

Has anyone followed up on the review rules? I was quite sure that block/charge wasn’t a reviewable call (much like offensive goaltending wasn’t in the UK/LSU game). I’ve never been happier to be wrong, but something is gnawing at me that something was still awry there.
    The secondary defender being in the restricted area is reviewable.

Good thing it was, because it was an awful call in real time. Not only was McMahon in the restricted area, he was also sliding over with Cam in mid-air.

Stayed away from the in-game thread once we got down big. I can only imagine the pessimism in that thread. But against all odds, we came back and beat Louisville at their place in game 2 of murderers row.

And Cam mf’n Reddish! Loved how Coach K just ran plays for him basically every play of the comeback. Give it to the best shooter on the team and let that thing fly. So exhausted and elated but big shout out to Louisville. They play physical and locked in on D (it’s not a foul unless the refs call it). They completely took RJ out the game. They could absolutely be a sleeper tourney team. On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Mack blowing through all his timeouts hurt them with late game adjustments.
    Understatement of the year! The Ville's year, not ours lol
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Unbelievable. What can I say? just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjswift View Post
    So how’d the game go? I’m pretty sure I fell asleep due to the late tip and dreamt that Duke came back from down 23 with 10 minutes left.

I’ve got sportscenter on, and it seems to be cofirming my dream. Is this lucid dreaming?
    Haha... basically same. When I came to “Lebron Center” was on - as it is every night.

Should we have been in that position? - of course not, but love the buy-in of this team. With the starter turnover in this era to build the trust in <1 season & integrate with the vets (and the vets accepting their roles amongst the stars) is something. Plus how much they want it as a group & for each other even though a good portion of the team will be gone next year - love it.

The win is great, but the verve (nearly) as satisfying & it bodes well combined from the lessons of the first 3/4 of the game.

I don't know if the comment RJ made after the VA win was on his mind(black unis and funeral), probably not, but he sure had a poor first half. Those turnovers sure hurt. But he picked it up late in the 2nd half with some very good plays. Goldwire helped turn the defense from poor to very good when Coach K put him in. I felt bad for him when he bricked a layup but he didn't get down on himself. Cam with 2 big 3s that got us even and then the drive and made both FTs. But the man of the night was Coach K. GoDuke!

For the first 30 minutes - one of the worst performances I've ever seen in 30 years of watching Duke basketball. No energy, lack of communication, couldn't hit the broadside of barn. And then...

The last 10 minutes was one of the most stunningly beautiful performance I've ever seen. And, for me, the cherry on top was how key Jordan Goldwire was. What a win.

The restricted area is reviewable.

Didn’t want to jinx anyone on their own board - that’s just bad form - but I’ll ask now. Worse Louisville choke: UVA 2018 or Duke 2019?

My former-college-player brother-in-law answered “UVA x 100,000,” but that was before the game was actually over. I don’t know if his answer would have changed with the comeback complete.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Rule 11, section 2e regarding instant replay

In the last two minutes of the second period and of any extra period(s), to determine if a secondary defender was inside or outside the Restricted Area Arc when an official has stopped the game and has made either a blocking call or a player control/charging call. A head coach may request a monitor review after a call has been made to determine if a secondary defender was inside or outside the Restricted Area. A timeout shall be charged to the coach if the original call is confirmed.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I’m just gonna leave this here. 2EEE9BEC-F74D-4E77-BC8C-0DC5B7CF17D4.jpg
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    Watching since 1964 - I've never seen anything like this (Including the gone in 60 Seconds).
    NOTHING will beat "Gone in 60 Seconds"

Also thrilled that dude with the "Zion can't dunk" sign is going home sad.