DBR Podcast #147- Down goes Virginia (again)

https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/db...in-their-house

0:00 Welcome to the pod, where we are recruiting geniuses to attend Duke grad school
    2:00 Time to talk about Duke raining threes down on Virginia
    3:50 Donald says RJ Barrett’s postgame quote is the most cold-blooded comment EVER!
    5:10 Sidebar about Zion defying the laws of physics to block a shot
    10:45 Sam leads our discussion about the quality of Duke’s D against Virginia
    14:15 Marques Bolden is a heck of a defender
    16:05 Jason points out Coach Scheyer’s assessment of Duke’s 3-point shooting
    20:20 Virginia’s strategy to stop Zion and how Zion defeated it
    24:50 Duke stole the ball a lot lot lot of the time
    26:15 We have an amazing new sponsor, GTHCGTH.com, for everyone who knows where Carolina can go
    27:40 The BC game… yawn, we beat the !#@^!^ out of them in the second half
    30:20 In praise of Cam Reddish, who found his shooting touch and led the team in scoring
    32:15 We marvel at Zion filling up the boxscore
    33:10 We strongly urge you to skip the next 2 minutes as Jason struggles to say the Byrd Campbell promo… really, you do not want to listen to this. It is ugly.
    35:10 Previewing the Louisville and NC State matchups this week
    45:00 The NCAA releases its current look at the top seeds, Duke is the overall #1
    52:55 Jason makes a bold prediction about who Duke will play in the NCAA tournament
    55:00 Player of the week, we like the outside shooting
    56:35 Parting Shots – Sam on his guest shot on WXDU and some fun buzzer beaters
    1:00:20 Parting Shots – Donald on the new Alliance of American Football
    1:02:50 Parting Shots – Jason on the newest Dukie in the NBA
    1:05:25 Bonus talk about the NBA trade deadline
    1:08:00 Goodbye and Duke band
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thanks for another great pod cast. I always look forward to it.

I have a question regarding your discussion of the initial NCAA bracket and Kansas. Do you really think that they could be placed in the Midwest (Kansas City) regional as anything but a #1 seed? That just seems tremendously unfair for any higher seeded team. I've seen it both ways in the mock brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby91 View Post
    I have a question regarding your discussion of the initial NCAA bracket and Kansas. Do you really think that they could be placed in the Midwest (Kansas City) regional as anything but a #1 seed? That just seems tremendously unfair for any higher seeded team. I've seen it both ways in the mock brackets.
    Yes Kansas (or KSt if they get a high enough seed) could be placed in the Midwest and play Sw16/G8 games in Kansas City. KC is not the official home stadium for either team so they can play there. That said, it does kinda feel unfair. Even though it is not their home floor, Kansas knows that arena really well. They play a home game or two there pretty much every season (this year it was the New Mexico St game in December) and the B12 tournament is there quite often (it will be there this year, likely giving Kansas 2 or 3 more games in that arena).

But, it really is no different from Duke or Carolina playing in Charlotte or Florida playing in Tampa or any number of other geographically favorable outcomes for some teams. Sometimes, those are the breaks.

-Jason "I do suspect that whoever is the 2nd best team in the ACC will likely be the #1 seed in the MW and play in KC... and there is a decent chance Kansas is in that bracket" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?