Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Wake only down 37 in 2nd half. Time for Wake to start their epic comeback...

(Johnson now 6-6 from 3)
    Childress has equalled Beverly's oh for 12 from the VT game...and Childress still has 15 minutes to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Wake only down 37 in 2nd half. Time for Wake to start their epic comeback...

(Johnson now 6-6 from 3)

I hate the Cheats. They are pace to score 105 points in the game, and I put 400 fake $$ on the over, and they are on a pace to not even make it. (I guess my angst should be directed at Wake for their lack of being able to score, but I hope you all will forgive me if I direct it toward Chapel Hill).

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    I hate the Cheats. They are pace to score 105 points in the game, and I put 400 fake $$ on the over, and they are on a pace to not even make it. (I guess my angst should be directed at Wake for their lack of being able to score, but I hope you all will forgive me if I direct it toward Chapel Hill).
    I feel you. I picked the Cheats to cover and they're going to screw up my losing percentage by making me right. Hopefully Wed night provides lots of satisfaction for us all! But win first tonight and stay healthy!

Darn shame WFU forgot they had a game scheduled at noon today .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Darn shame WFU forgot they had a game scheduled at noon today .
    At least they’ve slowed down the Nassir train. Last time I checked he had an NBA wowing 4 pts and 1 bound.

Louisville now up 1 with the ball and 3 seconds left. They couldn't possibly lose this could they? I think they were up 7 with 17 seconds left.

Louisville now up 1 with the ball and 3 seconds left. They couldn't possibly lose this could they? I think they were up 7 with 17 seconds left.
    well, yes, they COULD have lost, and about did. Wow. What an ending.

well, yes, they COULD have lost, and about did. Wow. What an ending.
    Louisville made just about every boneheaded mistake a team could make in the last minute. Cue Brookshier and the IQ comment...

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    At least they’ve slowed down the Nassir train. Last time I checked he had an NBA wowing 4 pts and 1 bound.
    Only dean's myth could keep Jordan under 20 PPG (or something like that). Guess ol roy is a chip off the old block.

Regular season Louisville chokes harder than postseason UVA. (rim shot)

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Louisville made just about every boneheaded mistake a team could make in the last minute. Cue Brookshier and the IQ comment...
    Not a confidence builder for Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    In fairness Little is coming off a sprained ankle injury and it was not clear if he would even play today.

Yes I think Roy's coaching of him has been putrid and held him back this year. But I would throw out today as a data point.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Correct IMO - they managed to win...and still erode their confidence even further. Cost me a bunch of FMU points on the degenerates too...They were up 8 under a minute...day yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    True, but the win will help them. They only had 19 points in the first half today. Hangover.

Remember the great Maryland Final 4 Team from 2001 who After losing to Duke in the miracle comeback then also lost 4 out of their next 5 games. It can be a tough psychological hurdle to overcome. But the win today helps them get back on track IMO. It could not have been uglier at the end, but they came away with the much needed W. Mack is a great coach and they will be fine.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 02-16-2019 at 02:27 PM.

I've never seen a team look more dejected after a win than Louisville today.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    I've never seen a team look more dejected after a win than Louisville today.
    They're a total basket case, and they know it.

Notre Dame is really battling hard. UVA is a bit off offensively but it just can’t maintain a working lead. I have to believe eventually Virginia will pull away but the constant grinding might be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Notre Dame is really battling hard. UVA is a bit off offensively but it just can’t maintain a working lead. I have to believe eventually Virginia will pull away but the constant grinding might be too much.
    Never did really pull away, but hung on. We didn't even play poorly overall. Defense was good, we didn't turn it over, rebounded well, worked for (and got) quality shots on offense. EVERYONE besides Hunter and Guy just had awful days shooting the ball. Guy and Hunter were 13-26 from the field, the rest of the team was 6-26. We just didn't look 100% dialed in, I think.

Hopefully a better effort comes @VT on Monday. They (and their crowd) will certainly be up for a game vs a top 5 ranked rival. And while they're much worse off without Robinson, they HAVE been starting to figure out chemistry/how to play without him. On another short turnaround, I hope we're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Never did really pull away, but hung on. We didn't even play poorly overall. Defense was good, we didn't turn it over, rebounded well, worked for (and got) quality shots on offense. EVERYONE besides Hunter and Guy just had awful days shooting the ball. Guy and Hunter were 13-26 from the field, the rest of the team was 6-26. We just didn't look 100% dialed in, I think.

Hopefully a better effort comes @VT on Monday. They (and their crowd) will certainly be up for a game vs a top 5 ranked rival. And while they're much worse off without Robinson, they HAVE been starting to figure out chemistry/how to play without him. On another short turnaround, I hope we're ready.
    Hopefully, that 149 mile/2+ hour bus ride is not too tiring/strenuous .

Plus, VT has to travel allllllll the way back from Pittsburgh tonight .

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hopefully, that 149 mile/2+ hour bus ride is not too tiring/strenuous .

Plus, VT has to travel allllllll the way back from Pittsburgh tonight .
    Yeah, it's an easy trip, and despite heavy minutes from today's game for our best guys, ND played a ton of zone so not nearly so much energy exerted. VT's game starts 2 1/2 hours later and they're really playing basically a 6 man rotation at this point, so if anything we'll have an edge in "rest".