Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The lesson we all learned from this chat thread is to acknowledge the jinx, say you're sorry for it, not speak of it again, and then it will reverse itself.
    Thank you UVA!!! Y'all really came thru for us tonight!!!!

The four missed shots in the last 20 seconds was really icing on the cake.

That game really turned on the fraction of a second the ball stayed too long on Coby White's miracle heave.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Final: Virginia 69, Carolina 61. Gosh, if it wasn't for the grueling travel from Charlottesville the Hoos had to endure, they probably would've won by 15 points. Over mountains, across rapid running rivers, through the woods...
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post

That game really turned on the fraction of a second the ball stayed too long on Coby White's miracle heave.
    Yep, that plus the injury to Cam J.

Wahoooooooooooooooooo!

Woohoo Wahoos

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Heels looked good.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    cheats looked good
    Would only look better when they lose to Duke!

Four

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post

Was it only four? Seemed like 10.

That was a very impressive win by UVA. They looked dead in the water, but somehow managed to gut it out and come from behind.

Ty Jerome with a double double 15 points and 11 rebounds. I'm not sure how he managed that seeing that he had to ride on a bus all the way from Charlottesville with a sore back.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Ty Jerome with a double double 15 points and 11 rebounds. I'm not sure how he managed that seeing that he had to ride on a bus all the way from Charlottesville with a sore back.
    Of course the ankle injuries to Little and Cam had nothing to do with the result. Nothing at all. You know, the way Cam and Tre going down didn't impact Duke Syracuse...

Down goes Carolina

Final: Virginia 69, Carolina 61. Gosh, if it wasn't for the grueling travel from Charlottesville the Hoos had to endure, they probably would've won by 15 points. Over mountains, across rapid running rivers, through the woods...
    UVA showed toughness coming back after looking tired and going down but they battled back and won at UNC and after a tough loss to Duke on Saturday. Loved the spirit.

Does anyone else notice the continuous and sour expression on old Roys face during much of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    That was a very impressive win by UVA. They looked dead in the water, but somehow managed to gut it out and come from behind.
    Impressive win on the road. Jerome and Guy are really good players.

Probably heated seats .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Of course the ankle injuries to Little and Cam had nothing to do with the result. Nothing at all.
    UVA also left a lot of points at the free throw line, especially late in 2nd half.

Not that I wouldn’t have - strongly - preferred to have beaten y’all, but it certainly makes our remaining schedule scenarios simpler to game out when our only losses are courtesy of Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    cheats looked good
    Especially at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    UVA also left a lot of points at the free throw line, especially late in 2nd half.
    And the had to overcome Luke Maye’s 4 points on 2 of 10 shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    UVA showed toughness coming back after looking tired and going down but they battled back and won at UNC and after a tough loss to Duke on Saturday. Loved the spirit.

Does anyone else notice the continuous and sour expression on old Roys face during much of the game?
    He's 7-9 v. Bennett at UVA. A tough win in tough conditions, but the better team won. It puts us in the driver's seat for a 1-4/5/12/13 matchup in the ACC Tournament, which is a big advantage this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post

I don't know. But could we get more Ol' Roy press conference magic? Hope that bus back to Charlottesville is driving really slow and ready to brake in case any cheats get thrown underneath it.

Whew.

We (UVa) honestly played our B- game and came out with a win. We REALLY benefitted from those CLOSE but correct (by the book) calls on the shot clock violations late in both halves. We were REALLY pretty sloppy all around. Still struggling with turnovers, and added poor rebounding and FT shooting today.

I honestly didn't really expect us to have an A+ performance with the short turnaround and guys being banged up (Jerome, as well as he played here AND vs Duke, hasn't looked the same since he got hurt early in the NCSU game. Diakite was obviously on some kind of minutes limitation. Salt NEVER played in the second half, so something must be up there because for all his shortcomings offensively Bennett LOVES him). What we DID get was A+ heart/effort, and some VERY timely shooting from Kyle Guy in the last couple minutes. I'll take it and not look back. Based on what I've seen overall, it seems like the top half of the league is breaking down this way:

1. Duke
    -small, but CLEAR edge-
    2. UVA
    -small, but CLEAR edge-
    3. UNC
    -small, but CLEAR edge-
    Lou/Cuse/FSU/VT (with Robinson, if he can return be season's end)

I do know that Virginia MUST get 100% healthy if we're going to make any kind of run at the ACC tourney 1 seed. We'd have to go undefeated the rest of the way, and I'd ballpark even with that there's only about a 30-40% (at best) chance Duke drops 2 more games. At least Bennett should be able to give the guys a day or maybe even 2 off to recover before starting practice for a "get right" game at home vs ND on Saturday.

I'd wish you guys good luck at Louisville tomorrow, but that would be disingenuous at best. I *will* wish you good health and no injuries.