View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over NC State tonight?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marques Bolden

2 1.87%
  • Zion Williamson

28 26.17%
  • RJ Barrett

75 70.09%
  • Cam Reddish

0 0%
  • Tre Jones

0 0%
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Jack White

1 0.93%
  • Jordan Goldwire

1 0.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v. NC State (Feb 16, 2019)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over NC State tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Zion got the most points, but RJ had a triple double.

Triple Double doesn't come around all that often..RJ

RJ a triple double, Zion with 32 and Tre made it work.

Went with the triple-double, but I wonder about Zion's +/-. When Zion was in, the team seemed better. I'm almost tempted to say no-one, though. This was not as well-played as a team as it should have been. The game was still in some doubt with under 4:00 left, and that should not have happened, especially not at home.

trippa dubba

Tough one. I went with Zion because they needed his return to sealed the victory. But the triple double by RJ was impressive.

Triple Double gets it, but a quick shout out to Jack White. When Zion went out with foul trouble I’m the first half, State went on a run to cut the deficit. When he went out with 4 in the second half, NC State was poised to cut it again, but Jack made a few key plays to keep the game at a comfortable level. He even played the part of Zion’s understudy on the 3 on 1 break!

Trip dub gets my vote tonight! LGD GTHc! Startups Check thread coming in about 3 hours. GTHc! 9F!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Went with the triple-double, but I wonder about Zion's +/-. When Zion was in, the team seemed better. I'm almost tempted to say no-one, though. This was not as well-played as a team as it should have been. The game was still in some doubt with under 4:00 left, and that should not have happened, especially not at home.
    Yes, Zion was easily the most important player, as I suspect our plus/minus was negative when he was on the bench. I voted Barrett for the triple double, but Zion is the single most important player on the team, and today was no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yes, Zion was easily the most important player, as I suspect our plus/minus was negative when he was on the bench. I voted Barrett for the triple double, but Zion is the single most important player on the team, and today was no exception.
    I agree with you on Zion. He is far and away the most agile big man I have ever seen. He truly has twinkle toes.

We were a different team with Zion.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I went for Zion who was a terrific difference maker. No doubt RJ's triple double was also remarkable.

I'll put in a vote for Bolden who was huge in the 2nd half, and made many plays on the defensive end when NCSU was threatening to make it a game.
    Bolden in the 2nd half: 7 pt, 5 rb, 4stl, 3 blk.

+25 with Zion
    -9 without.
    Sounds like MOTM to me.

The most impreything was that R.J. kind of seemed to have a quiet game. It wasn’t a high volume game for him.

Zion makes it difficult to vote for anyone else in this MOTM thing. But RJ had a mature game; he distributed the ball much better than earlier in the season and did not force many drives. A triple double is rare in college and he only had one foul in 38 minutes. Plus he did all while sick.

Have to go with RJ but really want to give some support to Jack for the positive progress and hopefully getting his confidence back.

Zion dominated, but gotta reward the 4th triple double in Duke history!

What vfefrenzy said. The box score may point to RJ, but Zion was THE reason we won this game despite generally sloppy play, especially when he wasn't in the game. Big congrats to RJ on the triple double, though.