Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    while we technically control our own destiny, It's not really anything to hang a hat on since we still have two games against a team a game back. As you say, split the series and we're up, but we still need to pick up that one win to get the split...that's all i'm saying.
    I know it doesn't matter, but that's not technical at all. "Control own destiny" means if you win your games you gain the goal (regular season championship and #1 seed in the ACCT, in this case). Clearly, Duke controls its own destiny here. In fact, if we lose one to UNC, we will still control our own destiny, since if we win our games after that we will still gain the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I know it doesn't matter, but that's not technical at all. "Control own destiny" means if you win your games you gain the goal (regular season championship and #1 seed in the ACCT, in this case). Clearly, Duke controls its own destiny here. In fact, if we lose one to UNC, we will still control our own destiny, since if we win our games after that we will still gain the goal.
    True dat...and if we lose tonight, we still control our own destiny, but it's a bit dicier control....in fact, if we still control it after this six games from hell stretch ends, I'll be thrilled and proud of them....

while we technically control our own destiny, It's not really anything to hang a hat on since we still have two games against a team a game back. As you say, split the series and we're up, but we still need to pick up that one win to get the split...that's all i'm saying.
    yeah, technically what i wrote was true. And also absolutely. Control our own destiny means that if we win all of our games that we get the reg. season title. Hell, even if we lose a game to the team chasing us we still win it. I'm not sure why you're picking at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    We controlled our own destiny when we were 0-0 as well, but i wouldn't colloquially say we were "in control" of the ACC regular season race at that point, and I wouldn't say so now either. The former criteria is well defined, the second is subjective.
    1200. DDMF.

We controlled our own destiny when we were 0-0 as well, but i wouldn't colloquially say we were "in control" of the ACC regular season race at that point, and I wouldn't say so now either. The former criteria is well defined, the second is subjective.
    Right, and I would not use the two interchangeably...they can mean the same thing in some cases, but that's not normally how they are used.

Isn't that the definition of controlling your own destiny? We don't have to rely on anyone else to lose in order to take the regular season title.
    Last edited by BandAlum83; 02-12-2019 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Nevermind...plenty beat me to it.

I apologize if this has already been discussed I have not read the entire thread yet

Should I wear black tonight? Team is not, does that also apply to me? Sure RJ shouldn’t have said it’s their funeral. But now I don’t know what to wear.

Got my "Flyin' Zion" shirt on..lol

Isn't it great that Vitale is doing the Kentucky game.

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Thought what greenburg said about rj’s comments being immature was in and of itself immature. ‘These aren’t kids’...what planet is he from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
    Thought what greenburg said about rj’s comments being immature was in and of itself immature. ‘These aren’t kids’...what planet is he from.
    When does he ever say anything positive about Duke? Always something negative about them.

That's a dumb rule that they can't review offensive interference at the end of the game. Clearly was. And of course the baseball tonight announcer thought the ball wasn't in the cylinder lol

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    When does he ever say anything positive about Duke? Always something negative about them.

That's a dumb rule that they can't review offensive interference at the end of the game. Clearly was. And of course the baseball tonight announcer thought the ball wasn't in the cylinder lol
    Totally agree, obviously basket interference. Not unhappy to see UK go down, but...

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post

JEALOUSY from an ex-coach that could not get his team into the NCAAT. GoDuke!

Not Bolden's shot!!!!!
    Last edited by downeastdad; 02-12-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Ugly offensive start. Duke can't quite figure out where the offense is going to come from tonight.

This game is a crap fest so far. Yikes.
    I've seen better games at the local y.

I hope we start playing basketball sometime soon.

That was Bolden's shot!

Some boards would be nice. (6-12 now)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Louisville fans around us cheering Zion limping. Keep it classy guys.