View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over UVA tonight?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marques Bolden

0 0%
  • Zion Williamson

1 0.69%
  • RJ Barrett

98 68.06%
  • Cam Reddish

28 19.44%
  • Tre Jones

17 11.81%
  • Jack White

0 0%
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v. Virginia (Feb 9, 2019)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over UVA tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm voting THREE times for RJ.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

R J Barrett!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    RJ and Cam’s threes were great, but every time we needed a play, Tre was there.

This was a tough one. Cam made so many really good plays I had to give it to him; but it could have been RJ or Tre.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsince1977 View Post
    This was a tough one. Cam made so many really good plays I had to give it to him; but it could have been RJ or Tre.
    Same for me. Cam defended extremely well and made some big plays on both ends. RJ also had a great game and his stat line was impressive. Tough call but Cam got my vote.

I also voted for Cam. He made so many plays on defense, and was extremely efficient/didn't force anything on offense. RJ, Tre, and Zion were all deserving of MOTM as well, but those 3 guys combined for 13 turnovers. Cam had none, so he gets MOTM for me.

I'm going to have to go with MEN...a great TEAM effort!!!

R.J. set the tone early but I cannot argue with anyone who voted for Cam or Tre. An absolute great team victory tonight as our Blue Devils took it to the Cavaliers for 40 minutes.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I also voted for Cam. He made so many plays on defense, and was extremely efficient/didn't force anything on offense. RJ, Tre, and Zion were all deserving of MOTM as well, but those 3 guys combined for 13 turnovers. Cam had none, so he gets MOTM for me.
    I'd say this is the first game in a long while that he wasn't deserving. Aside from his defense, he was a turnover machine and his second half was very low scoring.

'Bout time he sucked! (His defense was pretty awesome...)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I chose Tre for his wonderful overall game but can see Cam or RJ. All three had excellet games.

Went with RJ for his 3 explosion to begin the game. Those baskets gave us momentum against a very good Virginia team playing in front of a loud home crowd. I just as well could have voted for Zion, Cam or Tre. Great win. Now Hoos beat the heck out of those cheating heels Monday night. GoDuke!

What an astounding performance by the entire team. Virginia kept coming back and coming back and these frosh just shut it down like seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd say this is the first game in a long while that he wasn't deserving. Aside from his defense, he was a turnover machine and his second half was very low scoring.

'Bout time he sucked! (His defense was pretty awesome...)
    Well, I'm giving him a little slack because Virginia's gameplan on defense was clearly to deny him touches, and to double him on every touch.

Despite the efforts of the best defensive team in the country making his life miserable, he still had a very efficient game scoring, and didn't let any of that affect his effort on D, where he still dominated. Just look at the box score, he still came in 2nd on the team in scoring with 18, shot 75%, got to the foul line 7 times, hit more free throws than anyone else, and casually threw in 5 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks. In my opinion, totally deserving of MOTM. The dude's "bad" games are still incredible.

By the way, RJ also had 5 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    What an astounding performance by the entire team. Virginia kept coming back and coming back and these frosh just shut it down like seniors.
    MB helped tons. He has become so much fun to watch. Buckets and blocks when needed. (Just quit putting the ball on the floor under the basket, Marquise)

RJ got my vote, but Tre did a nice job of picking up the scoring slack from Zion.

All four freshman were deserving. Went with cam for his efficiency, zero turnovers, and incredible defense.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I voted for Tre. He's the glue. That said, RJ or Cam would have been great choices. Marques, Zion, and Jack all did well. Team effort, I believe!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Lots of good choices for this one. I had to go with the Maple Mamba for setting the tone and hitting big shot after big shot - also making some great passes for big shots from Cam!

Pretty close to a perfect game for us. If we had to nitpick, turnovers were an issue. If I had to pick two games to shoot like that, it’s this one and the national title game. Amazing win! Love this team! Go Duke!