Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Over-Under on Coach K mentioning that "UVA isn't just a great team, but a great program" in the postgame presser?

Jay Bilas said it before tip-off and I'm thinking we are witnessing the evolution of a K-ism into the typical verbiage one hears from college basketball analysts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    OTOH, Heels are playing their best ball of the season and Hoos were playing their worst entering tonight, when they got somewhat back on track. Granted, some of that had to do with Jerome’s back issues, but winning in the Dean Dome with them playing like they are will be a tall order.

I’d be pretty happy with 2-2 in the next four (@UNC, ND, @VT, @Louisville). I think UVA is leveling off.
    I don’t think Virginia played basketball at all. Duke was just unconsciouss tonight from 3. Granted, UVA hit huge shots with someone’s hand in their face, but they played great. The essentially shut down Big Z in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    I’m about to de-spork you (is that a word?) for preserving my autocorrect mistake for posterity.
    Ooooh, sorry. Didn’t see that when I posted :/

After Diakite hit heads with Hunter, did he ever return to the game? He looked pretty woozy. I don't think he returned. Hope he's able to go at UNC Monday night.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Depends on availability of Jerome and Diakite. IF we're down both of those guys, it's HUGE trouble. Even just being down Diakite would be big trouble given that UNC seems to have returned to using 2 bigs a lot.

**Now back to your regularly scheduled Duke postgame thread**

Again, incredibly impressed at the shooting. I would have assumed even wide open and uncontested Duke might've been at best in the 45-50% range, and that makes this a toss up game. Man, I will not forget that shooting exhibition ANYTIME soon. Amazing... out of adjectives.
    Any early reports on Diakite? Jerome looked pretty good tonight, so I'm assuming he'll be fine for Monday.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    After Diakite hit heads with Hunter, did he ever return to the game? He looked pretty woozy. I don't think he returned. Hope he's able to go at UNC Monday night.
    He did not return. Fingers crossed for UNC game. We'll need him. We're not that deep to begin with and it's a FAST turnaround after a very physical game.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    No minutes for AOC - was he sick/injured? I'm sure I missed something...
    The way the team was shooting 3s, Alex's offense wasn't needed and he would have had a hard time on defense. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Any early reports on Diakite? Jerome looked pretty good tonight, so I'm assuming he'll be fine for Monday.
    Nothing concrete yet. Bennett said Diakite was a little "fuzzy" after he and Hunter knocked heads, but made it clear he hadn't talked to the trainers yet, so it's far from a professional medical opinion.

I think if it was football, Diakite would miss monday for sure. Basketball? Seems 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    He did not return. Fingers crossed for UNC game. We'll need him. We're not that deep to begin with and it's a FAST turnaround after a very physical game.
    Agreed. He looked good early. Diakite that is. Had a nice basket around the rim and nailed a 3.

I kind of want to see Tony put Diakete and Huff in together more instead of Salt. I like the lineup of Guy, Jerome, Hunter, Diakite, and Huff. Salt is limited offensively and Huff is just so damn good to me. I love that kid's game. I love Salt's attitude and will though. No knock to him. I just think a Diakite/Huff front court with Hunter at the stretch 3 would be amazingly tough to match up against.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDUKEFAN View Post
    I don’t think Virginia played basketball at all.
    It’s sheer hypocrisy for me to call out any posting mistakes right now, but this is too funny not to highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Agreed. He looked good early. Diakite that is. Had a nice basket around the rim and nailed a 3.

I kind of want to see Tony put Diakete and Huff in together more instead of Salt. I like the lineup of Guy, Jerome, Hunter, Diakite, and Huff. Salt is limited offensively and Huff is just so damn good to me. I love that kid's game. I love Salt's attitude and will though. No knock to him. I just think a Diakite/Huff front court with Hunter at the stretch 3 would be amazingly tough to match up against.
    FWIW...as a Duke fan, I much preferred to see Salt on the floor instead of Huff.

Understandably everyone will talk about Duke's 3-pt shooting, but I think the 17 fast break points to zero for UVA was also important.

Wow. That was some game. A wire-to-wire dominant win at UVA?! Hooooweeee. I'll take it. The game never really felt in doubt after the first few minutes. UVA kept putting a charge in and we just kept answering. I just felt so confident in this team all night long.

Nice to see them hitting threes mostly in rhythm and controlled. Maybe we're reverting to the mean? Maybe?!

We are just so tough on so many fronts. That Zion block felt like a game sealer. An open three for UVA there puts a bunch of game pressure on Duke. That block seemed to keep things loose. That just felt like a block no one else in college could possibly make. Even my fiance, whose a pretty casual onlooker, was like "Oh my God!"

- Chillin

81-71 on 63 possessions. That's insane offensive efficiency by both teams against two of the better defenses in the country. I can't remember the last time we scored 1.13 ppp and lost a game. Kudos to Duke for just being better.

When it comes to our incredible three point shooting today, I’ll say the same thing that I said when we were 3-43: the average is the average because it is the average. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Thanks for the UVA folks coming here before and after. We've seen 2 incredible games so far between our teams. Living in Richmond I hear my share of...you can imagine. Two best teams in the country I think. Hoos need to win in Chapel Hell Monday nite...please. Beat the Holes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    It was nice to see Duke do to an opponent that typically has done to them: shoot well above usual 3 point percentage.

Duke should be number 1 come Monday.
    Duke is #1 in Ken-Pom after the game tonight. I can't remember if we were #1 before the game. GoDuke!

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Duke is #1 in Ken-Pom after the game tonight. I can't remember if we were #1 before the game. GoDuke!
    We were fairly far behind before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    It think it was called a kicked ball by Zion.
    Section 6. Kick, Fist, Through Basket from Below
    Art. 1. It is a violation when a player intentionally kicks the ball, strikes it with
    the fist or causes it to pass through the basket and enter the cylinder from below.
    (See Rule 9-15.2.b)
    Art. 2. Kicking the ball is striking it intentionally with any part of the leg
    or the foot. Accidentally striking the ball with the foot or leg shall not be a
    violation.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    We were fairly far behind before the game.
    Thanks for that information. Memory not as young as other parts of my body. GoDuke!