Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jones, Giles-Harris, and Helm invited to NFL combine

I like Joe G-H's prospects for the NFL...

I'm glad to see Daniel Helm get the invite. It would be great to see him drafted and stick with a team.

Joe Giles-Harris being invited is a solid indication his rehab has seen satisfactory progression. Or, am I reading too much into this?

Daniel Jones needs to shine at the combine to cement his spot as a 1st Round pick.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Joe Giles-Harris being invited is a solid indication his rehab has seen satisfactory progression. Or, am I reading too much into this?
    I hope you are right, but it could also mean they want to at least interview him and have doctors check him out.

Why not Ben Humphries? Does he have other plans, like med school?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Humphries is not rated as high as Giles Harris - I think Giles Harris is faster. Humphries is a stud, however, and it wouldn't shock me if he ends up in the NFL for a while.

Humhreys is evidently done with football...he put a lot of abuse on his body...terrific college player but I think not quite big enough for the NFL...(not sure he weighed as much as he was listed at...)

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Humhreys is evidently done with football...he put a lot of abuse on his body...terrific college player but I think not quite big enough for the NFL...(not sure he weighed as much as he was listed at...)
    Very few do. Excepting maybe Zion!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Very few do. Excepting maybe Zion!
    Hell I'd love to see Zion play some TE. Think what he could do for our Football team.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Hell I'd love to see Zion play some TE. Think what he could do for our Football team.
    RB on third and inches at the goal line. Watch him leap over both lines into the end zone.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    RB on third and inches at the goal line. Watch him leap over both lines into the end zone.
    That would be more dangerous...than a simple little alley oop from the TE position. Height, strength, great hands, leap tall buildings in a single bound...he'd be totally unstoppable as a TE.I think you would project him to be a bigger more athletic more explosive Antonio Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm glad to see Daniel Helm get the invite. It would be great to see him drafted and stick with a team.

Daniel Jones needs to shine at the combine to cement his spot as a 1st Round pick.
    With regards to Giles-Harris, I thought he was close back for the bowl game. I would have been surprised if he weren't healthy enough to participate in the combine by now.

Just put him on the field. Other team forfeits.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Combine starts today. Good luck to our guys!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Any news trickling out about our guys yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Any news trickling out about our guys yet?
    I haven't heard anything -- here is the schedule. On-field work-outs are Fri., Sat., Sun, and Mon. -- depending on position. Makes sense that the QBs are teamed up with the receivers. "ST" is special teams, I guess -- is there anyone but kickers invited just for special teams play?

Groups 1 (PK, ST, OL), 2 (OL), and 3 (RB)

Tuesday, Feb. 26: Registration, hospital pre-exams, X-rays, overflow testing, orientation, interviews
    Wednesday, Feb. 27: Measurements, medical examinations, overflow testing, interviews
    Thursday, Feb. 28: Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media availability, bench press, interviews
    Friday, March 1: On-field workouts (timing, stations, and drills) and departure from Indianapolis

Groups 4 (QB, WR), 5 (QB, WR), and 6 (TE)

Wednesday, Feb. 27: Registration, hospital pre-exams, X-rays, overflow testing, orientation, interviews
    Thursday, Feb. 28:Measurements, medical examinations, overflow testing, interviews
    Friday, March 1: Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media availability, bench press, interviews
    Saturday, March 2: On-field workouts (timing, stations, and drills) and departure from Indianapolis

Groups 7 (DL), 8 (DL), and 9 (LB)

Thursday, Feb. 28: Registration, hospital pre-exams, X-rays, overflow testing, orientation, interviews
    Friday, March 1: Measurements, medical examinations, overflow testing, interviews
    Saturday, March 2: Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media availability, bench press, interviews
    Sunday, March 3: On-field workouts (timing, stations, and drills) and departure from Indianapolis

Groups 10 (DB) and 11 (DB)

Friday, March 1: Registration, hospital pre-exams, X-rays, overflow testing, orientation, interviews
    Saturday, March 2: Measurements, medical examinations, overflow testing, interviews
    Sunday, March 3: Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media availability, bench press, interviews
    Monday, March 4: On-field workouts (timing, stations, and drills) and departure from Indianapolis
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Jones has the most cinder blocks. In an article discussing Murray's short stature, the other QBs were brought up.

Other quarterbacks at the combine had more prototypical size. Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins measured 6-foot-3⅜ and 231 pounds. Missouri's Drew Lock was 6-foot-3¾, 228, and Duke's Daniel Jones was 6-foot-5⅛, 221 pounds.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...-8-nfl-combine

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Jones has the most cinder blocks. In an article discussing Murray's short stature, the other QBs were brought up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...-8-nfl-combine
    If Daniel Jones were a basketball player, he would be listed as 6-7.

To save a click, Kyler Murray came in at 5-10 1/8, one-half inch shorter than the Seahawks' Russell Wilson and two inches shorter than Drew Brees. (Due to the pounding in the NFL, it is possible both are even shorter now.)
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    yup, at one point Josh Hairston made himself 6-9 (pre-Duke).

To save a click, Kyler Murray came in at 5-10 1/8, one-half inch shorter than the Seahawks' Russell Wilson and two inches shorter than Drew Brees. (Due to the pounding in the NFL, it is possible both are even shorter now.)
    A lot of people expected him to clock in at under 5-10, so this is actually a win for him.

He's too tall for QB...gonna have to convert to TE.