Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I'm not there on TJ...Jamison Crowder is a good slot receiver in the league, and I thought he was much more dynamic than TJ. Would love to be wrong...
    I think TJ will at least be on a practice squad this year. I think he could stick as a reserve WR for a while, but am not convinced he is starting caliber.

Looking at mock drafts post-combine, they have DJ all over the place. I've seen him projected at #13 to Miami, #28 to the Chargers (which would actually be a great spot for him to back up Rivers for a couple years and would put him on a team I can actually pull for), to out of the first round entirely. Of course, I put minimal stock in these mock drafts because every single one I saw had the Panthers passing up on NC State's Bradbury to address the need at center, usually in favor of a different spot on the OL or a defensive end. If Bradbury is there for the Panthers and they pass on them they are absolute fools and I'm going to be close to done with the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think TJ will at least be on a practice squad this year. I think he could stick as a reserve WR for a while, but am not convinced he is starting caliber.

Looking at mock drafts post-combine, they have DJ all over the place. I've seen him projected at #13 to Miami, #28 to the Chargers (which would actually be a great spot for him to back up Rivers for a couple years and would put him on a team I can actually pull for), to out of the first round entirely. Of course, I put minimal stock in these mock drafts because every single one I saw had the Panthers passing up on NC State's Bradbury to address the need at center, usually in favor of a different spot on the OL or a defensive end. If Bradbury is there for the Panthers and they pass on them they are absolute fools and I'm going to be close to done with the franchise.
    This North Carolina native is already there. With the Hornets and Panthers. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Snyder has always struck me as being the Donald Sterling of the NFL … not so much for refusal to pay a going rate for players, but just from a competence level and the sleaze factor.
    Not exactly. Sterling made his money from low-income housing in LA. As an NBA owner he was a cheapskate and did very little to develop what can be a valuable franchise.

Daniel Snyder was a marketing genius and made $1 billion (or so) by the time he was 30. The NFL encouraged him to become an owner. He spent money like crazy but didn't know what he was doing, even so far as to not know whom to ask for advice or how to hire a GM. I think the Skins are a more professionally run operation these days, but this is 20 years of wasted opportunities.

I have nothing personal against Donald Sterling -- although OMG! I have something personal against Daniel Snyder. About 20+ years ago, I was doing a winter hike along the C&O canal west of DC -- a national historic park. It was all woods on the inland part of the canal, and also between the canal and the Potomac and across the river. Then I came upon a gleaming white house, totally in the open. Daniel Snyder had bought the property and cut down the trees -- national park, Maryland laws and regs notwithstanding. He just paid the fine. All so he could have a view of the Potomac Valley from his house. Of course, upstream and across the river, when Donald Trump bought the Lowe's Island Golf Club to create Trump National, he also cut down all the trees along the river -- and this for a half-mile or so.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Not exactly. Sterling made his money from low-income housing in LA. As an NBA owner he was a cheapskate and did very little to develop what can be a valuable franchise.

Daniel Snyder was a marketing genius and made $1 billion (or so) by the time he was 30. The NFL encouraged him to become an owner. He spent money like crazy but didn't know what he was doing, even so far as to not know whom to ask for advice or how to hire a GM. I think the Skins are a more professionally run operation these days, but this is 20 years of wasted opportunities.

I have nothing personal against Donald Sterling -- although OMG! I have something personal against Daniel Snyder. About 20+ years ago, I was doing a winter hike along the C&O canal west of DC -- a national historic park. It was all woods on the inland part of the canal, and also between the canal and the Potomac and across the river. Then I came upon a gleaming white house, totally in the open. Daniel Snyder had bought the property and cut down the trees -- national park, Maryland laws and regs notwithstanding. He just paid the fine. All so he could have a view of the Potomac Valley from his house. Of course, upstream and across the river, when Donald Trump bought the Lowe's Island Golf Club to create Trump National, he also cut down all the trees along the river -- and this for a half-mile or so.
    Sage, I don't like trees on the courses I play either. Do you? GoDuke!