Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cam Reddish

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I remember he got an offensive rebound off a badly missed Duke shot and put it back in to start the scoring. Wonder if my memory is right?
    Nope. He hit the 3 on Duke’s first possession. On Duke’s third possession, he had a outback layup at the rim off of I think a Hill near-miss. At that point, we were up 5-1 thanks to forcing two turnovers. The next basket was Hill’s famous alley-oop.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Nope. He hit the 3 on Duke’s first possession. On Duke’s third possession, he had a outback layup at the rim off of I think a Hill near-miss. At that point, we were up 5-1 thanks to forcing two turnovers. The next basket was Hill’s famous alley-oop.
    Figured my memory was a little off. But he did have a putback early, so it's not like I completely made it up.

Thanks for that little trip down history lane...I thought I remembered that Koub scored the first 5...but man, I had no idea, in my memory, that the famous Hurley to Hill alley oop was so early...I was thinking later in the half. One of the iconic Duke plays of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Thanks for that little trip down history lane...I thought I remembered that Koub scored the first 5...but man, I had no idea, in my memory, that the famous Hurley to Hill alley oop was so early...I was thinking later in the half. One of the iconic Duke plays of all time...
    CDu has some kind of memory. I guess since Grant's grab and dunk was such a great play, I thought it was our first score in the game. Time has a way of doing that to a fella. And oh yeh, I like the improvement from Cam. He's never let his offense affect his defense. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    CDu has some kind of memory. I guess since Grant's grab and dunk was such a great play, I thought it was our first score in the game. Time has a way of doing that to a fella. And oh yeh, I like the improvement from Cam. He's never let his offense affect his defense. GoDuke!
    Funny how you thought it was the first hoop, and I thought it was mid way in the half...I guess we can both rely on CDu's memory or Kedsey's research flux capacitor to keep us straight...

Funny how you thought it was the first hoop, and I thought it was mid way in the half...I guess we can both rely on CDu's memory or Kedsey's research flux capacitor to keep us straight...
    Yeh, they're both good at what they do. GoDuke!

And those were Koubek's only five points of the game.

Appreciate you both thinking I did that from memory, but I must say it did not.

The discussion gave me a good excuse to spend a few minutes on YouTube rewatching that game. My plan was to watch until the Hill alleyoop or Koubek's second basket, whichever came last. I didn't figure I'd be done in like 5 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    And those were Koubek's only five points of the game.
    Now THAT I did remember.

Nope. He hit the 3 on Duke’s first possession. On Duke’s third possession, he had a outback layup at the rim off of I think a Hill near-miss. At that point, we were up 5-1 thanks to forcing two turnovers.
    One could argue that those 5 Koubek points set the tone for the whole game much like Patrick Ewing's goaltending calls in the beginning of the 1982 championship game.

I wouldn't, but one could.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    One could argue that those 5 Koubek points set the tone for the whole game much like Patrick Ewing's goaltending calls in the beginning of the 1982 championship game.

I'll say that Koub's quick 5 were very important for a team fighting a UNLV hangover....to me it's a totally different situation than the Ewing start to 82....and I'm glad we didn't have to beat Kansas without those 5 points.

I'll say that Koub's quick 5 were very important for a team fighting a UNLV hangover...to me it's a totally different situation than the Ewing start to 82...and I'm glad we didn't have to beat Kansas without those 5 points.
    Well, I am not sure how much of a hangover they were fighting. Their defense was extremely stout to open the game, forcing several early turnovers. Obviously we will never know what the outcome would have been without those points, so it isn’t an discussion with a clear answer. But I don’t know that they were any more important than, say, the Hill alley that came one possession later.

Well, I am not sure how much of a hangover they were fighting. Their defense was extremely stout to open the game, forcing several early turnovers. Obviously we will never know what the outcome would have been without those points, so it isn’t an discussion with a clear answer. But I don’t know that they were any more important than, say, the Hill alley that came one possession later.
    The Hill alley oop was a huge play no doubt, and now an iconic one in Duke lore...and NCAAT lore.

As for the hangover, K alluded to that a bit in the post game...especially with regard to Laettner...who got more than normal rest as a result. I don't think he used the word hangover, but he alluded to physical and emotional lingering effects.

Meanwhile, Kansas beat the Cheats going away...oh, wait, it was Dean's Myth going away (before the end of the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Does the game memory that I’ve been trying to forget over the last 37 years really need to be used for anything ever. 😩😩

Cam going to be so important for us against virginia. If he can hit 3's at a 40% clip or better, we will be incredibly difficult for even their vaunted defence to stop.

In the realm of improvement throughout his final Duke season, Koub was no Zoub.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Chak View Post
    In the realm of improvement throughout his final Duke season, Koub was no Zoub.
    Was that Brian Koubek and Greg Zoubek...or was it Greg Koubek and Brian Zoubek?
    (I have to think twice when those names come up)

Koubek currently coaching or running a camp? Zoubek update?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Zoubek update?
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianzoubek/

https://catalystcitydev.com/

Catalyst City Development, LLC. is a private, Philadelphia based real estate development and operating firm founded in 2016 by Tyler McNeil and Brian Zoubek. The firm exclusively pursues value-add and opportunistic redevelopment opportunities in multi-family and mixed-use properties in Philadelphia and surrounding neighborhoods. As Philly natives, the firm relies on an extensive network of relationships, unparalleled sub-market knowledge and meticulous underwriting to identify off-market, mismanaged and underperforming assets. The principal’s entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on approach enables the firm to execute on these opportunities creating attractive risk adjusted returns for its investor base.

Making a positive impact in the local community is a cornerstone of the firm’s mission and a consideration in each and every project that we pursue. We believe in urbanization, creating home experiences through superior design and technology and fostering a sense of community within our buildings and the surrounding neighborhood. We are very passionate about the future of Philadelphia and are committed to being a Catalyst for its ongoing development.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Wait I thought Zoub was making the world a better place by baking donuts and other essentials?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Wait I thought Zoub was making the world a better place by baking donuts and other essentials?
    He did the pasties, at least briefly.