Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah. Oh, man, I don’t even know. Probably something like, “And spicy tuna terrifies me!”

I was running through multiple scenarios. 😂
    Thats actually kind of brilliant. Gail would have been befuddled.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Thats actually kind of brilliant. Gail would have been befuddled.
    Oh, yeah. I'm a genius several hours after the fact!!!

Oh, yeah. I'm a genius several hours after the fact!!!
    I hear ya’. Coming through with the smooth lines well after the fact is my specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “Oddly enough, I’m a pescatarian”?
    Nicely done. 👍

You have a good sense of humor, OPK. Maybe not quite ClemmonsDevil-esque, but still impressive.

Nicely done. 👍

You have a good sense of humor, OPK. Maybe not quite ClemmonsDevil-esque, but still impressive.
    We are all trying to be brevity, tbh.

“Oddly enough, I’m a pescatarian”?
    You go all fish for a reason or just for the halibut?

You go all fish for a reason or just for the halibut?
    Is the fish called Wanda?

Nicely done. 👍

Hahaha! High praise! OPK and I joined forces in Georgia recently actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    OPK and I joined forces in Georgia recently actually.
    Yes, too short a visit unfortunately but glad to have the experience. Look forward to the next.

It will have to be somewhere different, of course. See the post about the ladies with the handcuffs on this or some other thread….

Yes, too short a visit unfortunately but glad to have the experience. Look forward to the next.

It will have to be somewhere different, of course. See the post about the ladies with the handcuffs on this or some other thread….
    Yes. Just got work release from prison. Meeting Ymo tomorrow night for the Duke game.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It's a start!

A boom in wind and solar has pushed the amount of electricity produced by renewable energy to record levels last year, according to a new analysis.

The use of coal, oil and gas to produce electricity is expected to fall in 2023, according to the report, published Wednesday by energy think tank Ember. This would mark the first year to see a decline in the use of fossil fuels to generate electricity, outside of a global recession or pandemic.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/world...ntl/index.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wind has been there for a while but certain solar investments are starting to reach price parity or even be cheaper than with conventional sources.

Still need to solve for intermittency but we’re getting there on the cost curve.

Florida & US Gulf of Mexico States Sea Level Rise

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/s...ars-study-says

A new study from scientists at Tulane University found sea levels that were "unprecedented" through the 20th Century and are "three times higher than the global average" over the last 12 years. But those rates may even off soon.

The study looked at sea level rise since 2010 along the U.S. Gulf Coast and the Southeastern U.S. in general. During those 12 years, Tulane scientists found a sea-level rise of roughly half an inch per year during the 12 years that were analyzed.
    While the sea level rise has been in record territory around the southeastern U.S. and along the Gulf of Mexico, scientists said the rates may return to the previous rises predicted by large climate models, phys.org reported
    [redacted for copyright. Please don't wholesale paste articles here. -jk]
    Last edited by -jk; 04-14-2023 at 09:23 AM. Reason: copyright

yes indeed, weather is not climate, but we smashed our previous record high yesterday by five degrees...88 ...ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yes indeed, weather is not climate, but we smashed our previous record high yesterday by five degrees...88 ...ouch.
    88 is great weather .much to my wife's displeasure I love it between 85 to 90.
    Love to just sit in the sun .

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    88 is great weather .much to my wife's displeasure I love it between 85 to 90.
    Love to just sit in the sun .
    85 to 90 is great in Phoenix but I have to agree with your wife about the southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    85 to 90 is great in Phoenix but I have to agree with your wife about the southeast.
    yeah, we were lucky that our 88 came with ridiculously dry air, like 25% relative humidity, so the dew point was way down in the comfort range...summer in NC would give me mildew.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    summer in NC would give me mildew.
    Haha exactly! And my hair would not be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    She wants to move up north .I'll miss her when and if she goes lol.
    Like meatloaf said.ill do anything for love ,but I won't do that.

This makes me want to cry. The water temperatures around Florida are just insane. I honestly don't see how we turn this around, people are just too selfish.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...1e00523d&ei=86
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan