Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 211 of 211
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Cardinals clinch the National League Central Division with a 9-0 victory over the Cubs.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Cardinals clinch the National League Central Division with a 9-0 victory over the Cubs.
    So glad they’re back in the post season. Wish they had clinched earlier, maybe had Flaherty to go game one, he’s been awesome.
       

  3. #203
    Joel Maddon had a .581 winning percentage while managing the Chicago Cubs. He was let go today.

    I'm probably being petty in another thread.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tennessee

    With the regular season over,

    I like my Tigers' chances ...

    of a high draft pick next year.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Joe Maddon had a .581 winning percentage while managing the Chicago Cubs. He was let go today.
    Clint Hurdle had a .505 winning percentage managing the Bucs. He was let go BEFORE THE FIRST PITCH of yesterday's game.

    Hurdle snapped a 20-year drought of losing seasons, and got them into the playoffs three years in a row, with a notoriously cheap owner, even by small market standards. Meanwhile, GM Bob Nutting keeps his job, despite making some of the worst trades and signings in baseball over the last three years. They're making Hurdle the scapegoat.

    From Jayson Stark: https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/...581520384?s=20
    Most manager wins since 2015:

    Hinch 484
    Maddon 471
    Francona 461
    Cash 414
    Melvin 406
    Counsell 405
    Hurdle 402
    "Quality is not an option!"

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    I like my Tigers' chances ...

    of a high draft pick next year.
    They'll trade it for a sack of beans and some pop tarts. The Orioles were epically bad this year, and the Tigers were six and a half games worse. And we still owe Miggy $124 million. At least we won the race to the bottom.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Clint Hurdle had a .505 winning percentage managing the Bucs. He was let go BEFORE THE FIRST PITCH of yesterday's game.

    Hurdle snapped a 20-year drought of losing seasons, and got them into the playoffs three years in a row, with a notoriously cheap owner, even by small market standards. Meanwhile, GM Bob Nutting keeps his job, despite making some of the worst trades and signings in baseball over the last three years. They're making Hurdle the scapegoat.

    From Jayson Stark: https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/...581520384?s=20
    Most manager wins since 2015:

    Hinch 484
    Maddon 471
    Francona 461
    Cash 414
    Melvin 406
    Counsell 405
    Hurdle 402
    Yeah, but maybe Pirates pitchers will stop throwing at people as often as they do. It's good for the league that Hurdle is out.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The Orioles were epically bad this year, and the Tigers were six and a half games worse.
    Definitely a "hold my beer" situation. 6.5 games worse is bad, but did you see how the Tigers ran away with run differential? They were like 32% worse than the Orioles, top 10 worst all-time, it appears, at -2.07 (rounded). Only 2 teams since 1950 were worse, and one of those two was the '03 Tigers.

    Put another way, the Tigers were the only team more than 300 runs down in differential. Of the remaining teams, the Orioles were the only one more than 200 runs down in differential.

    So what's worse than epically bad? Breathtakingly bad? Cosmically bad? They're lucky relegation to AAA isn't in play.

    5th worst record in expansion era, whenever that is. ('03 Tigers #2 ... smelled like it too!)

    Love my Tigers but it's just sad. At least I didn't suffer ill-fated hopes this year.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Definitely a "hold my beer" situation. 6.5 games worse is bad, but did you see how the Tigers ran away with run differential? They were like 32% worse than the Orioles, top 10 worst all-time, it appears, at -2.07 (rounded). Only 2 teams since 1950 were worse, and one of those two was the '03 Tigers.

    Put another way, the Tigers were the only team more than 300 runs down in differential. Of the remaining teams, the Orioles were the only one more than 200 runs down in differential.

    So what's worse than epically bad? Breathtakingly bad? Cosmically bad? They're lucky relegation to AAA isn't in play.

    5th worst record in expansion era, whenever that is. ('03 Tigers #2 ... smelled like it too!)

    Love my Tigers but it's just sad. At least I didn't suffer ill-fated hopes this year.
    yes, a month or so ago I proposed relegation to the Venezuelan second division, but Weezie failed to concur! At least I saved money on the MLB package on DirecTV, don't see myself doing that for years and years.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Clint Hurdle had a .505 winning percentage managing the Bucs. He was let go BEFORE THE FIRST PITCH of yesterday's game.

    Hurdle snapped a 20-year drought of losing seasons, and got them into the playoffs three years in a row, with a notoriously cheap owner, even by small market standards. Meanwhile, GM Bob Nutting keeps his job, despite making some of the worst trades and signings in baseball over the last three years. They're making Hurdle the scapegoat.

    From Jayson Stark: https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/...581520384?s=20
    Most manager wins since 2015:

    Hinch 484
    Maddon 471
    Francona 461
    Cash 414
    Melvin 406
    Counsell 405
    Hurdle 402


    The Pirates GM is actually Neil Huntington. IMO firing Hurdle is a good start but Huntington should also go. The best thing would be for Nutting (owner of the Pirates)
    to go away as well.

    As of now the Pirates are a dumpster fire.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    They'll trade it for a sack of beans and some pop tarts.
    You are much too pessimistic! The Tigers would never do such a thing.

    That said, trading it for a pack of Professor Copperfield's Miracle Legumes is another matter entirely.

Similar Threads

  1. Premier League (and other soccer stuff) 2019
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-02-2019, 10:29 AM
  2. 2019 Duke Baseball
    By duke2x in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2018, 07:49 PM
  3. The 2014 Major League baseball season
    By Olympic Fan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 656
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 01:02 PM
  4. Major League Baseball - 2013
    By JBDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 679
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •