Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Cardinals clinch the National League Central Division with a 9-0 victory over the Cubs.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Cardinals clinch the National League Central Division with a 9-0 victory over the Cubs.
    So glad they’re back in the post season. Wish they had clinched earlier, maybe had Flaherty to go game one, he’s been awesome.

Joel Maddon had a .581 winning percentage while managing the Chicago Cubs. He was let go today.

With the regular season over,

I like my Tigers' chances ...

of a high draft pick next year.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Joe Maddon had a .581 winning percentage while managing the Chicago Cubs. He was let go today.
    Clint Hurdle had a .505 winning percentage managing the Bucs. He was let go BEFORE THE FIRST PITCH of yesterday's game.

Hurdle snapped a 20-year drought of losing seasons, and got them into the playoffs three years in a row, with a notoriously cheap owner, even by small market standards. Meanwhile, GM Bob Nutting keeps his job, despite making some of the worst trades and signings in baseball over the last three years. They're making Hurdle the scapegoat.

From Jayson Stark: https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/...581520384?s=20
    Most manager wins since 2015:

Hinch 484
    Maddon 471
    Francona 461
    Cash 414
    Melvin 406
    Counsell 405
    Hurdle 402
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    I like my Tigers' chances ...

of a high draft pick next year.
    They'll trade it for a sack of beans and some pop tarts. The Orioles were epically bad this year, and the Tigers were six and a half games worse. And we still owe Miggy $124 million. At least we won the race to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Clint Hurdle had a .505 winning percentage managing the Bucs. He was let go BEFORE THE FIRST PITCH of yesterday's game.

Hurdle snapped a 20-year drought of losing seasons, and got them into the playoffs three years in a row, with a notoriously cheap owner, even by small market standards. Meanwhile, GM Bob Nutting keeps his job, despite making some of the worst trades and signings in baseball over the last three years. They're making Hurdle the scapegoat.

Hinch 484
    Maddon 471
    Francona 461
    Cash 414
    Melvin 406
    Counsell 405
    Hurdle 402
    Yeah, but maybe Pirates pitchers will stop throwing at people as often as they do. It's good for the league that Hurdle is out.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The Orioles were epically bad this year, and the Tigers were six and a half games worse.
    Definitely a "hold my beer" situation. 6.5 games worse is bad, but did you see how the Tigers ran away with run differential? They were like 32% worse than the Orioles, top 10 worst all-time, it appears, at -2.07 (rounded). Only 2 teams since 1950 were worse, and one of those two was the '03 Tigers.

Put another way, the Tigers were the only team more than 300 runs down in differential. Of the remaining teams, the Orioles were the only one more than 200 runs down in differential.

So what's worse than epically bad? Breathtakingly bad? Cosmically bad? They're lucky relegation to AAA isn't in play.

5th worst record in expansion era, whenever that is. ('03 Tigers #2 ... smelled like it too!)

Love my Tigers but it's just sad. At least I didn't suffer ill-fated hopes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Definitely a "hold my beer" situation. 6.5 games worse is bad, but did you see how the Tigers ran away with run differential? They were like 32% worse than the Orioles, top 10 worst all-time, it appears, at -2.07 (rounded). Only 2 teams since 1950 were worse, and one of those two was the '03 Tigers.

Put another way, the Tigers were the only team more than 300 runs down in differential. Of the remaining teams, the Orioles were the only one more than 200 runs down in differential.

So what's worse than epically bad? Breathtakingly bad? Cosmically bad? They're lucky relegation to AAA isn't in play.

5th worst record in expansion era, whenever that is. ('03 Tigers #2 ... smelled like it too!)

Love my Tigers but it's just sad. At least I didn't suffer ill-fated hopes this year.
    yes, a month or so ago I proposed relegation to the Venezuelan second division, but Weezie failed to concur! At least I saved money on the MLB package on DirecTV, don't see myself doing that for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post

Hinch 484
    Maddon 471
    Francona 461
    Cash 414
    Melvin 406
    Counsell 405
    Hurdle 402

The Pirates GM is actually Neil Huntington. IMO firing Hurdle is a good start but Huntington should also go. The best thing would be for Nutting (owner of the Pirates)
    to go away as well.

As of now the Pirates are a dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    They'll trade it for a sack of beans and some pop tarts.
    You are much too pessimistic! The Tigers would never do such a thing.

That said, trading it for a pack of Professor Copperfield's Miracle Legumes is another matter entirely.