Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2020 Duke Football Recruiting

Malik Bowen, a three star wide receiver from Tenn. became Duke's second commitment for 2020. Both our commitments are WRs. Welcome to DukeGang Malik!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Here is a 247 article on the commitment. https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ent-128394189/

Rivals has him ranked at 5.7, right on the cusp of a 4 star.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Welcome to Duke, Malik Bowen!

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Both our commitments are WRs.
    The first commit is Nicky Dalmolin who is ranked #293 on the ESPN300 list.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Welcome to Duke, Malik Bowen!

The first commit is Nicky Dalmolin who is ranked #293 on the ESPN300 list.
    The link shows him as 6'4" and 199 pounds! Excellent size for a wide receiver! Is 4.6 fast enough (asks someone who couldn't run that fast for 20 yards...when he was young enough to run that far ) ?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    The link shows him as 6'4" and 199 pounds! Excellent size for a wide receiver! Is 4.6 fast enough (asks someone who couldn't run that fast for 20 yards...when he was young enough to run that far ) ?
    Easily, particularly if it's actually an electronic timed 4.6 (they run something like .1 slower than hand timed). The combine 40 of Julian Edelman was listed as 4.52 and he gets open against starter NFL's CBs. Quickness. Obviously, big receivers are 'always' open in the sense of a 'box out' catch. Or so think I.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Maybe he's a Jake Bobo analog. Cut has prioritized finding bigger wide receivers in an effort to combat what he calls "hand-to-hand-combat" between DBs and WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Maybe he's a Jake Bobo analog. Cut has prioritized finding bigger wide receivers in an effort to combat what he calls "hand-to-hand-combat" between DBs and WRs.
    If he has Bobo's hands, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    If he has Bobo's hands, I'm all for it.
    Amen to that! We need more Bobo next season. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Great write up on next season, Jim! I'm actually optimistic we can get to 6 wins. The defense should be better, considering we were missing Ben and JGH for long stretches this season. I like our O-line and backs. And, if our playcaller is above average, I like the outlook for getting back to a bowl.

Duke got a QB commit today to the 2020 class. Luca Diamont from Los Angeles. Primary recruiter: Jeff Faris Secondary recruiter: Zach Roper.
    https://247sports.com/Article/Luca-D...uke-128703430/

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Duke got a QB commit today to the 2020 class. Luca Diamont from Los Angeles. Primary recruiter: Jeff Faris Secondary recruiter: Zach Roper.
    https://247sports.com/Article/Luca-D...uke-128703430/
    Welcome, Luca!

Not rated by ESPN but nice offer sheet: Alabama, Miss St, Missouri, Ole Miss, Indiana.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...2/luca-diamont
    Bob Green

Luca is rated at 5.8, a four star recruit by Rivals. Great, great pickup. Now let's keep him.
    Welcome to DukeGang Luca!
    I love that he stressed academics in his commitment comments.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Diamont videos

Nice freshman video. Apparently lost his sophomore year when he fell off a golf cart and suffered a fractured skull and concussion. He looks like a keeper. Love the 100% completion rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Teton Jack View Post
    Nice freshman video. Apparently lost his sophomore year when he fell off a golf cart and suffered a fractured skull and concussion. He looks like a keeper. Love the 100% completion rate.
    Losing that soph season probably hurt some of his recruiting ratings too....

BTW, has Duke had a Cali QB since Bennett?

he sounds fully committed, but these LA kids worry me...very interesting recruit, and probably Duke's first Jewish QB in some time (Dad is a soap opera star, evidently, check him out on Wikipedia)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    he sounds fully committed, but these LA kids worry me...very interesting recruit, and probably Duke's first Jewish QB in some time (Dad is a soap opera star, evidently, check him out on Wikipedia)
    I'm with you; I'll be convinced when he signs.

Going in to his recent unofficial visit, Diamont said he wasn’t planning to make such a quick commitment but everything just fell in to place for him that way.
    We know the other schools won't be stopping their pursuit. Impressive offer list.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I imagine Cut (given past experience with QBs in general and California kids in particular) tried to make it abundantly clear that he wants a commitment to be firm and final...Luca, when USC or UCLA calls, will you still be committed to Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I imagine Cut (given past experience with QBs in general and California kids in particular) tried to make it abundantly clear that he wants a commitment to be firm and final...Luca, when USC or UCLA calls, will you still be committed to Duke?
    "USC, UCLA ...or Stanford"....I would say!

I hope he keeps his commitment but 2020 is a long way off. A lot can happen, in the meantime.

I like when he said that this is not a four-year decision but a LIFETIME decision. Smart, perceptive kid!

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    "USC, UCLA ...or Stanford"...I would say!

I hope he keeps his commitment but 2020 is a long way off. A lot can happen, in the meantime.

I like when he said that this is not a four-year decision but a LIFETIME decision. Smart, perceptive kid!
    ah Stanford, for sure, but he's from Venice (that's something) and probably prefers the gnarly waves and sticky buds of Southern California more, if Jeff Spicoli is any indication
    Stanford's like almost in Canada or something...