Thread: Spiderverse

Spiderverse

Did I miss an earlier thread on Spiderverse?

Finally saw it today, really enjoyed it.

I believe all of the Spiderverse talk was confined to the top 5 winter films thread.

Wonderful movie. Deserves to win best animated picture.

I thought this was a Devilwin thread on spiders in North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I must spread sporks around...

I'm probably being petty in another thread.

I saw it over the holidays. Really enjoyed it.

I saw it after listening to Jason Evans podcast review where he fights about the movies by not fighting about the movies. (The guy Jason does it with is so respectful I can't imagine him arguing about anything. Which is cool. I don't enjoy hearing people truly argue. Joking aside they do a fantastic job with respectful debate.)

I enjoyed Spiderverse. I was just curious because Jason asked the question - Would somebody who has no interest in super-hero movies or animated movies enjoy this? Their response was interesting. The movie had beyond excellent reviews. So I decided to take their advice and go enjoy the pretty pictures.

I did enjoy it. I also continue to know why I have no interest in animated movies or superhero movies. But I could appreciate that this one was more layered and well-done. I get a little restless in animated movies and want them to end because it's not my thing. But great movie for what it was and deserving of all the acclaim.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I saw it after listening to Jason Evans podcast review where he fights about the movies by not fighting about the movies. (The guy Jason does it with is so respectful I can't imagine him arguing about anything. Which is cool. I don't enjoy hearing people truly argue. Joking aside they do a fantastic job with respectful debate.)

I enjoyed Spiderverse. I was just curious because Jason asked the question - Would somebody who has no interest in super-hero movies or animated movies enjoy this? Their response was interesting. The movie had beyond excellent reviews. So I decided to take their advice and go enjoy the pretty pictures.

I did enjoy it. I also continue to know why I have no interest in animated movies or superhero movies. But I could appreciate that this one was more layered and well-done. I get a little restless in animated movies and want them to end because it's not my thing. But great movie for what it was and deserving of all the acclaim.
    I went without my wife who has enjoyed the Marvel movies pretty certain she would not enjoy Spiderverse, and left the movie convinced it was the right decision.

What strikes me a couple of days later is how much Spiderverse is about family.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I get a little restless in animated movies and want them to end because it's not my thing. But great movie for what it was and deserving of all the acclaim.
    I think you felt this way because it was 30 minutes too long. 90 and it would have been perfect. I am sure there is a poster somewhere that says, "Stunning Visual Achievement!"..and it is, but it was a bit too long and I was restless, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I bet he could make an interesting thread about them, that is for sure.
    2015 DBR Rosterbation Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'd take the bet, but winning would be too subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Yes, he'd weave quite a tale -- perhaps enough for an entire webisode.

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    Yes, he'd weave quite a tale -- perhaps enough for an entire webisode.
    Spin a tale ?