Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toothmechanic72 View Post
    Hulu Live is $40/month and comes with 50 hours of DVR storage. You can pay extra for more hours of storage. I looked at Sling TV and Hulu Live and Hulu Live has all the sports channels that you would need. Just go on the website and type in your zip code. You get about 50 channels including local channels. The good thing about Hulu Live is that I can search for Duke basketball and tell the site to record all the games that are upcoming. It has worked well so far.
    I recently switched from cable (with Tivo) to YouTube TV and I love it. It's the same price as Hulu Live, but has unlimited cloud storage. My only complaint so far is that you can't fast-forward through CBS shows that it records (I guess it's a contract thing). But, then again, I don't record very many of those. And one of the best things about cutting the cord is that I can watch or listen to games via the internet at work. Very handy for those of us on the west coast.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    So is the new generation of HD antennas...you can get Peachtree TV over the air, and a decent HD antenna will set you back all of about 20 bucks. I'm a fellow cord-cutter, and mine has earned back its cost many times over.
    Going to pick up an antenna this afternoon.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    This map does not include Canada. This fact makes me sad.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sorry, I'm not much help with most of your questions, but want to clarify that Roku is the device on which one would watch Hulu, Netflix, YouTube TV, etc. Roku, much like Apple TV or an Amazon Firestick, provides TV content from others, it's not content in and of itself. We have a Roku device and my wife still doesn't understand how it works with our Xfinity.
    Xfinity now gives me access to amazon, netflix an youtube. I am not really using my appleTV or smart TV capabilities any longer. I thought Roku also had a subscription service, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapTheFloor View Post
    I recently switched from cable (with Tivo) to YouTube TV and I love it. It's the same price as Hulu Live, but has unlimited cloud storage. My only complaint so far is that you can't fast-forward through CBS shows that it records (I guess it's a contract thing). But, then again, I don't record very many of those. And one of the best things about cutting the cord is that I can watch or listen to games via the internet at work. Very handy for those of us on the west coast.
    I am able to access my xfinity content from anywhere, and have access to certain live TV programming over the internet as well. Pricing is a different issue. with the "triple play" package, it's hard to tell what I am paying individually for TV, internet and land line. Plus, the packaging gives access to premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz. I can also download content to my phone or tablet to access when not internet-connected (like on a plane)

I don't have to have multiple subscriptions. Cable is definitely easy and accessible, but I also get the impression the time is getting near to when I should cut the cord. I have been an early adopter on so many things, and often times it has just been more expensive without great benefit. (Don't get me started on the early adoption of LED light bulbs in my house!)

I have the the Sling Blue subscription with all the espn channels as well as the ACC and SEC networks for only $25/month. The only games I miss are Fox Sports South. I could add the orange package for another $15 buts it’s not worth it to me. So for now I’m not interested in YouTube or Hulu. I drop Sling after March Madness and pickup HBO Now for $15/month to catch up on their shows until football starts in August.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I guess you don’t want to say it again. Sorry I haven’t seen it in the past. I have recently been deciding if the time is right to cut cable. Some people I know who have done it end up spending as much for myriad subscriptions to be able to view what they want.

I am concerned that because espn has a contract with the ACC I would need an espn subscription and a Fox sports subscription because sometimes they are on Fox. Seeing Braves games is also a concern. I was hoping you would provide an answer. Thanks anyway.
    For Duke only fans, next year might be simpler since there will be no more syndicated games. Of course you would continue to need FOX Sports for your Braves games. Some of the non-major IP TV providers may or may not have ACC Network at launch if negotiations need to be done (a problem that will no doubt also affect some traditional providers). That should not be an issue on Hulu thanks to Disney's stake in the company.

If you currently have a triple bundle, it will be important to price out the difference if you switch to only a double bundle since Comcast does like to make it advantageous to keep all three. If you threaten to reduce service, they could come up with a better deal for you, although that would probably put you back under contract if you are now on month-to-month. There are probably going to be more options in the near future too as providers have moved from some of the skinny bundles with small numbers of channels to offering packages with many more options.

3-3 in ACC. GTech has win over Wake, at Syracuse and ND. .500acc team. Anyone that can win at Syracuse has something. We should win but no one is to be taken light.

HOPe we can get up and rest a little for main guys - Monday game comin

Anyhow, no jinx

Duke is currently -22 over Georgia Tech today.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I have the the Sling Blue subscription with all the espn channels as well as the ACC and SEC networks for only $25/month. The only games I miss are Fox Sports South. I could add the orange package for another $15 buts it’s not worth it to me. So for now I’m not interested in YouTube or Hulu. I drop Sling after March Madness and pickup HBO Now for $15/month to catch up on their shows until football starts in August.
    You can swap back and forth between the Sling blue and orange packages and the cost is like $.01. You just can't watch them both at the same time. I don't know if there is a limit on how often you can swap but I've never had an issue going back and forth for Duke games when I needed to.

Duke is up to -23 over Georgia Tech with an over/under of 147.

Vegas is thinking something along the lines of Duke 85, Georgia Tech 62. I like it.

Let's Go Duke!

tre warming up.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    tre warming up.
    Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!
    Bob Green

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Do we know if Tre is starting?

Any cord cutters using direct tv now?
    I’m trying to stream from an iphone 6+ to an appletv.

Everything is great on the phone.
    Audio cuts out on apple tv about 7 seconds in and never returns.

Apple TV is wired to the router.
    Have restarted everything.

Have tried various combinations of bluetooth on/off, airplane mode on the phone with wireless on, you name it.

I can’t give up spectrum if I cant get reliable audio.

No, I’m not planning on buying newer apple tvs and iphones if I can avoid it.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Vrank sighting! Could Coach K (gasp!) be trying to extend his bench a little bit? Or more likely, maybe trying to send a bit of a message to Jack/Javin to up their games after a couple tough ones?

Just as everyone suspected, early floor time for... Vrank???

Really unimpressed with RJ's play in this first part of the game. Forcing bad passes in traffic, rushed shots. Needs to chill a bit, I think

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Really unimpressed with RJ's play in this first part of the game. Forcing bad passes in traffic, rushed shots. Needs to chill a bit, I think
    I think it’s shot selection more than rushing it. He’s taken 4 3’s early, three off of a catch, turn and shoot from a swing pass. One off a catch and shoot from the high post. Guess which one he made.