College basketball awards stuff

Let this be a collector thread for talking about various in-season and post season awards...

And let it begin with this. The Naismith folks have released their 15-person mid-season Defensive Player of the Year list. Zion Williamson is on it...

...Tre Jones is not.

I repeat, they don't think Tre Jones is among the 15 best defenders in the country.

-Jason "my brain is broken..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yeah Jones not being on that is unexplainable. However, as long as Zion doesn't get hurt, I can't imagine anyone else winning National Player of the Year. His stats, including the geek stats, are off the chart. One article I read (KenPom I think) said he rated better than Anthony Davis in all around production and efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    Yeah Jones not being on that is unexplainable. However, as long as Zion doesn't get hurt, I can't imagine anyone else winning National Player of the Year. His stats, including the geek stats, are off the chart. One article I read (KenPom I think) said he rated better than Anthony Davis in all around production and efficiency.
    This is just Defensive POY. While I agree that Zion would seem to be the clear front-runner in the regular POY races, the DPOY is where Tre should be getting a ton more attention.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?