Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Generally not a big Western fan myself, but I was glad to see Silverado getting a couple of mentions - I think it was a film that helped 'bring Westerns back' to the silver screen after a decade or two in the shadows. It's quite entertaining, great pace, and has an outstanding cast.

I think I only noticed one mention of The Big Country, which supposedly has one of the 'great' fist-fight scenes in all westerns, between Atticus Finch and Moses.. oops, Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston.

And another vote of course for Magnificent Seven, but I'd also add that Magnificent Seven and The Big Country should get votes if only because those two in my mind gave us the two truly iconic 'Western' themes and film scores, and I'd add Silverado as a third (and I know most afficionados would add all the Italian ones by Morricone but I'll pass on those). Great stuff.

Tombstone has so many good lines, including "are you just gonna stand there and bleed?", and Dana Delany, getting off the stage coach, and after espying the tall Earp brothers and asking who they are, responds with an earthy, "I WANT one..."

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    Generally not a big Western fan myself, but I was glad to see Silverado getting a couple of mentions - I think it was a film that helped 'bring Westerns back' to the silver screen after a decade or two in the shadows. It's quite entertaining, great pace, and has an outstanding cast.

I think I only noticed one mention of The Big Country, which supposedly has one of the 'great' fist-fight scenes in all westerns, between Atticus Finch and Moses.. oops, Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston.

And another vote of course for Magnificent Seven, but I'd also add that Magnificent Seven and The Big Country should get votes if only because those two in my mind gave us the two truly iconic 'Western' themes and film scores, and I'd add Silverado as a third (and I know most afficionados would add all the Italian ones by Morricone but I'll pass on those). Great stuff.

Tombstone has so many good lines, including "are you just gonna stand there and bleed?", and Dana Delany, getting off the stage coach, and after espying the tall Earp brothers and asking who they are, responds with an earthy, "I WANT one..."
    She was a fox in that role. Very beautiful hair especially..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    She was a fox in that role. Very beautiful hair especially..
    Probably not all her actual hair, though, but yes, yes indeed.

Whenever I run across Tombstone on tv, I always have to stop and watch a few minutes of it. On the other hand, one that almost never shows up on cable anymore is Cat Ballou, but when it did a while back, I realized why -- it has not aged well through the years. But one of Lee Marvin's greatest moments.

Surprised no one's mentioned The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp (just kidding).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    Surprised no one's mentioned The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp (just kidding).
    He still made Wilson's list with Rango.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

By the way--sorry for the spoiler--but you must watch Costner explain how the script for DWW came into existence. Pretty incredible story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT2S1OkSld4