Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 72, UVA 70 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Great win with horrible FT shooting.

Wow. What an amazing basketball game!!!!!

"Duke is never the underdog!!!" - Quinn Cook, 2015.

Shame on anyone who forgot.

(Especially in Cameron).

RJ made clutch Ft's, if he can consistently put together efficient games like this, we got this even without Tre

Outstanding basketball game! Tonight is a perfect example of why we all LOVE college basketball.
    Bob Green

That was fantastic! What an effort from our top six. Just never let up all night. A well-earned victory, and we maintain control of our own destiny. Loved pretty much everything about this. To light up the best defense in the country without our PG is phenomenal.

I'll just get my congrats in right now. Neither team shot the ball very well from the outside but Zion and Barrett were just unguardable on the drive. Impressive to win without Tre as well. Looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks. Hope Tre is healthy and can go then. I still feel good about my team but I knew Duke would be the toughest matchup for us. Really hope we can avoid you down the road. Here's to staying healthy.

Not perfect, but gutsy and determined. Amazing win!

Everyone can now apologize to RJ. What a finish for Mr. Canada.

Great decision by K to have Z inbound the ball in the final minute.

Ecstatic with the win. Scratching my head about 3 point shooting but who cares right now!!! Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I enjoyed watching RJ Barrett's hero balls.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    I'll just get my congrats in right now. Neither team shot the ball very well from the outside but Zion and Barrett were just unguardable on the drive. Impressive to win without Tre as well. Looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks. Hope Tre is healthy and can go then. I still feel good about my team but I knew Duke would be the toughest matchup for us. Really hope we can avoid you down the road. Here's to staying healthy.
    Very gracious. Virginia is really good. I wish them great success this year except against Duke.

Great win by the good guys. RJ and Zion were amazing. Need to work on those FTs fellas. Game shouldn’t have been this close. Defense made just enough stops and we did this without our floor general and the best perimeter defender in the country. Hope Tre sits out until he’s 100%.

Per the usual, in-game thread disappointingly had quite a bit of RJ bashing. I don’t think some of our fans truly appreciate how good he is. He’s a volume shooter and will always be a volume shooter. He’s a freshmen arguably leading the most watched College Basketball team in America. He’s under a microscope every game but I’m sure glad he’s on our side. On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    "Duke is never the underdog!!!" - Quinn Cook, 2015.

Shame on anyone who forgot.

(Especially in Cameron).
    Great call. That's why I keep in my signature.

Dec 3rd, 2014 @Wisconsin to be exact
    Last edited by tbyers11; 01-19-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I mean, no. He has been inefficient this year. That is a fact. One shouldn’t have to apologize for noting facts.

He was not inefficient tonight, and I loved it.

Great game plan by coach K and executed well with RJ and Zion carrying the team. Very little 3 point attempts which was smart, lorts of driving to the basket. Zion was great on defense and rebounding. Barrett is phenominal.

Our FT shooting is a work in progress as is Cam. Bolden was important in this win while Javin was way too foul prone. Maybe we will see Tre back for the next game. Hope so as he gives us even better defense and even better points off turnovers. No undefeated teams left.

This game was anti-GSW. Who needs pace and space when you can pain train with Lebarkley.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I mean, no. He has been inefficient this year. That is a fact. One shouldn’t have to apologize for noting facts.

He was not inefficient tonight, and I loved it.
    I think he was referring to the in-game bash fest. And RJ's had average to above average efficiency, not poor efficiency, this season. You have to adjust for usage.