Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    We played with the team we had on the Canada tour for the last 40 minutes of the game. That team had a bit of a stagnant offense, especially against the 2-3 zone... which made sense missing our PG and best 3 point shooter. That’s exactly what happened tonight.

That said, the confluence of events that had to occur for us to lose this game was staggering. The reffing, the prayer shot, and the disproportionate shooting that has all been discussed here. Cam missing the game where his shooting was most needed is another. As much as home losses suck, and they really really do, we have to put this in context. If it takes all of that to beat this team, that says something positive.

No way Chukwu should get 18 boards ... even against nobody in practice.

plus the 75-footer. plus buddy boy's banked 3. yuck.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 01-14-2019 at 09:45 PM. Reason: redacted PPB joke

Put asterisk and move on

The commentators at the Kansas game are talking about the Duke loss.. said it was
    .because they were looking ahead to VA. Seriously? Nothing about playing without two starters, just some inane statements about squeaking by FSU in their “ first true road game” . What a load of hoo ha.

This team didn’t give up. They didn’t always make the best pass or shooting decisions, but they fought hard to the end. Proud of the effort. There is a lot of basketball left to play, we are only halfway into January. Sending up some prayers for healing and health.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    We played with the team we had on the Canada tour for the last 40 minutes of the game. That team had a bit of a stagnant offense, especially against the 2-3 zone... which made sense missing our PG and best 3 point shooter. That’s exactly what happened tonight.

That said, the confluence of events that had to occur for us to lose this game was staggering. The reffing, the prayer shot, and the disproportionate shooting that has all been discussed here. Cam missing the game where his shooting was most needed is another. As much as home losses suck, and they really really do, we have to put this in context. If it takes all of that to beat this team, that says something positive.
    And there's one team from tonight's game headed to the NIT...and it's not Duke. I can't wait for Cuse's loss to WF.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Watching the Texas vs. Kansas game and the announcers are talking about how Duke "got caught looking ahead to UVA" and "that's what you get when you have freshmen who have never played those kind of situations."

I guess no one bothered to tell them that we were down two starters.
    ...or that we were 48 hours from a hellish battle....

Quote Originally Posted by DukeWarhead View Post
    Just lost at home to a team that got blown out by Georgia Tech. Bad.
    Agree, bench development issues again this year. Why was White allowed to shoot that much?, esp. after last game, and when it was obvious he was throwing up bricks ALL NIGHT!

At least Bolden looked pretty good. The rest sucked though. I hate Mike Eades.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    The commentators at the Kansas game are talking about the Duke loss.. said it was
    .because they were looking ahead to VA. Seriously? Nothing about playing without two starters, just some inane statements about squeaking by FSU in their “ first true road game” . What a load of hoo ha.
    you have the three stooges doing game: Bob Wischusen, Fran Fraschilla (bad rug) and Holly Rowe

Can KJ Maura just suit up and play point for us on Saturday?

worried about Tre

His shoulder got bent in a way its not supposed to bend.
    And how about the No Call on that play?

This team is going to struggle without a PG to pressure the ball coming up the floor.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Syracuse benefitted from an extraordary set of events. They capitalized. Good on them. All that matters now is tre.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    you have the three stooges doing game: Bob Wischusen, Fran Fraschilla (bad rug) and Holly Rowe
    Wischusen is a total waste...IQ of maybe 45

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post

Agree

All that and we still almost pulled it out. Similar to the Gonzaga game, a team will have to play out of their minds and get a little luck to beat us.

And yeah it might costs us the reg season crown...but I just don't want to lose to a 16 seed the first weekend.

The big positive I took from the game was Bolden was a man out on the court tonight. What an improvement since his freshmen year. Alex also played well but seemed to be running on fumes at the end of the game, but so was Jack. I now see why Robinson doesn't play much. Was lost on defense when he came in. Like so many have said, the most important thing is Tre is not badly injured. GoDuke!
    Last edited by jv001; 01-14-2019 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Can KJ Maura just suit up and play point for us on Saturday?
    that, too, is a joke. paying to get that guy a seat with the crazies. Coach K should have put a stop to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dukie View Post
    Agree, bench development issues again this year. Why was White allowed to shoot that much?, esp. after last game, and when it was obvious he was throwing up bricks ALL NIGHT!
    THE SAME REASON CAM WAS ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO SHOOT. is it that you can't learn, or you WON'T learn????

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post

This team didn’t give up. They didn’t always make the best pass or shooting decisions, but they fought hard to the end. Proud of the effort. There is a lot of basketball left to play, we are only halfway into January. Sending up some prayers for healing and health.
    I was annoyed by that too. Spoken like guys who saw the final score and none of the game!

As someone who is currently in his 10th week of recovery from shoulder surgery after an acute injury...I am really hoping I’m not able to provide any insight in upcoming vigil threads, and that Tre just has a strain.

Shoulder injuries are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    This game was 100% karma for the "Jack White over Cam Reddish" thread.
    came here to say this