Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Syracuse 95, Duke 91 (OT) Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. No venting, no bashing players, no terping.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

This game was 100% karma for the "Jack White over Cam Reddish" thread.

dumb

Just lost at home to a team that got blown out by Georgia Tech. Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeWarhead View Post
    Just lost at home to a team that got blown out by Georgia Tech. Bad.
    Well, when you are missing two starters, that can happen.

Great game by Syracuse, congrats.

Lots going against us and we still almost won.

I don’t feel bad about the loss, but am obviously worried about Tre.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    dumb
    Not sure what the marching band had to do with it, as for the pep band well I was watching on a TV with no volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    This game was 100% karma for the "Jack White over Cam Reddish" thread.
    I hope Jack doesn't lose any confidence after this one. With guys out he had to stretch far beyond what his role was supposed to be in this game.

Tre out hurts. Cam out hurts. Jack White was, uh, that.

How the hell didn’t coach K tell them to stop heaving threes? We stink at shooting threes. They came into the second half in dire foul trouble and we just heaved it over and over and over and over.

That was a humiliating effort by the coaching staff. We’ll lose by thirty to UVA if Tre is out.

Tough loss but the only thing on my mind right now is the health of Tre Jones. If he misses extended time, Duke could lose many more including the next one vs UVA. Praying for you, Tre.

The team fought as hard as they could. They were simply undermanned and stunned when Tre went down. Before he got injured it looked like it was gonna be a relatively big blowout.

Again, I don't really care about this loss at all compared to how much I want Tre to be ok.

Ridiculous. there was NO WAY White was EVER going to start over Barrett. Not sure what the record for shots in a game is, but 30? 4-for-17 on 3s? Ludicrous.

On to another orange team. Then at Pitt.

Prayers for Tre.

Shameful officiating in the second half. For about 10 minutes we attacked the basket and got mauled with not a single whistle. Then, understandably enough, we gave up on going inside and just clanked 3s.

That said, not much to take from a game sans Tre and Cam, other than to appreciate that those guys are really good. Painful to lose an OT game where the other team hit a banked in and a 3/4 court three. Ugh.

Duke wins by 30 with Tre. Hope he's ok

I mean, we didn't have Tre or Cam tonight. What can you expect? Imagine that team all year without Tre and Cam. We'd be pretty mediocre.

They gave it all they had on a 2-day turnaround. Jack had a miserable night, especially shooting, but the guy has to keep shooting - like it or not.

That buzzer beater at the half changed the game. Crazy.

I mean it sucks but what can you do? If we don't have Tre and Cam in a 2nd round tourney game, what are you thinking and feeling? Heck, what are you thinking in the first round?

- Chillin

ETA - As amazing as K's final play vs FSU was, I thought his coaching was poor tonight. Don't know why - maybe they didn't have enough time between FSU and Cuse. But the settling for threes was odd. The lack of space between Bolden and Zion seemed correctable. The rotation seemed too small for a shorthanded team that looked gassed (to my eye) - you need to sub someone when players are gassed out there - something's gotta give when you're down two starters.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxer View Post
    I hope Jack doesn't lose any confidence after this one. With guys out he had to stretch far beyond what his role was supposed to be in this game.
    How couldn’t you lose confidence? That was the worst shooting performance I’ve seen in any level in my entire life.

Damn that 80 foot prayer

Very disappointing, but took a miracle 75 footer, the worst 3-point shooting team in the league shooting 46% from three, us shooting 9-43 from 3, down two starters including our PG and lose in OT. Still stings though... Going to be hard to rebound against UVa.

Honestly I don't even care about this loss. I just want to know how Tre Jones is doing. If he's done we're not hanging any banners this season.

I said this on the chat, and I'll say it here: if Duke doesn't have mechanism to send video of the constant game in game out mugging of Zion....to drop the video right on Swofford's desk...then shame on Duke...and the muggings will continue.

Get better soon Tre!

Burn the tape, on to the next one.