Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by texasdevil06 View Post
    Adam Rowe tweeted that Coach K said no breaks, just a sprain and that Tre was in a "ton of pain."
    Oof. hopefully the (presumed) MRI comes back alright...even a partial separation isn't a joke.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    As long as Bennett is around, that ain’t happening.
    Fake classes u won it in ‘16 and ‘17. This team could have very well been K’s last chance.

Coach said he could be out for “awhile”. Damn. They will be releasing a statement later tonight or in the morning. The good thing is, it’s early January. Let’s just hope for the best.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    My fear was a separated shoulder based on the hit. To hear that’s not the case is a relief. If it’s just a sprain my assumption is that makes it a weeks, not months, type of injury. If it’s mild he could even play through it potentially. So the worst case scenario hasn’t come to pass.

For those worried about his pain level: a couple of games ago I was sure UNCs Cam Johnson had torn his ACL the way he reacted to an awkward fall. Turns out it was a cramp and he was fine. All that’s to say the pain in the moment doesn’t directly correlate with the severity of the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDUKEFAN View Post
    Coach said he could be out for “awhile”. Damn. They will be releasing a statement later tonight or in the morning. The good thing is, it’s early January. Let’s just hope for the best.
    Though for K, that could be anything from 1 game to a season. Pretty sure it's his stock answer when asked about injury duration
    April 1

When it comes to injuries to our players, I just don't trust what our staff says. They are really, really cagey about stuff

I'm just hoping this isn't another Kyrie thing

As long as Bennett is around, that ain’t happening.
    Don't post stuff like this after Tre's injury. This team had a great chance to win the regular season until this injury. And as I recall, you didn't have the cojones to bet on UVA to win the regular season when I offered weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    When it comes to injuries to our players, I just don't trust what our staff says. They are really, really CAGEY about stuff
    bingo!!

Just think about

How many injuries we have sustained in the last 10 yrs and how some of our season’s story lines could have changed so dramatically. Its not unfair to think we have at least 2 more championships in the last decade barring these major injuries.
    Windy City Devil

It goes without saying of course that we don't know. But hypothetically what is the prognosis of a separated shoulder (if that is what it is)? Would that be relatively good or bad news? Best case back in a few weeks? I have no clue. Thanks!
    Sounds like it probably is a separated shoulder from what K said about it being a sprain post game. Separated shoulder = acromioclavicular (AC) sprain = AC separation. Without going into too much detail, most of the time it’s an “as tolerated” injury, in that once you can move the arm comfortably and “protect” yourself, you can play Only the most severe sprains need fixing surgically. A diagnosis of AC separation would be best case scenario in terms of expedience of return. Unlike many other injuries, accurate diagnosis can be made with physical exam and x-ray. Not that a MRI scan won’t be obtained, it likely will, just that it’s a pretty straightforward diagnosis. Nothing would surprise me regarding return date, if confirmed to be AC joint, from a few days to a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Though for K, that could be anything from 1 game to a season. Pretty sure it's his stock answer when asked about injury duration
    I would bet 3 weeks. Duke will need to find a way but they will not be as good- not even close without him.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    How many injuries we have sustained in the last 10 yrs and how some of our season’s story lines could have changed so dramatically. Its not unfair to think we have at least 2 more championships in the last decade barring these major injuries.
    To be fair- a number of teams could say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Don't post stuff like this after Tre's injury. This team had a great chance to win the regular season until this injury. And as I recall, you didn't have the cojones to bet on UVA to win the regular season when I offered weeks ago.
    Thanks for the beer, by the way!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Guys, not something to joke about right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I like puns but this is not the time.
    Don't be sore about it, but yes, you are right. It's best to put the puns on ice for about one-to-two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    To be fair- a number of teams could say that.
    Yeah. I do think 2011 was as good as guaranteed, if there is such a thing in college hoops. That team was perfectly composed and all it took was a damn toe.

Also, any docs here (and not internet docs) who can comment more on a shoulder sprain? Ie what that actually means medically, do they usually come with partial tears, how long to heal, how devasting compared to other sports injuries, etc?

Shoulders are usually safe at Duke basketball, so I have no idea.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I would bet 3 weeks. Duke will need to find a way but they will not be as good- not even close without him.
    True...but they might end up better getting him back than they would've been without the injury...

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...se-locker-room

I opologise if I upset anyone with this but I just can’t help feeling the cuse player didn’t really make much effort to get the ball because at some point he knew he wouldn’t get it so I feel he really made a priority to protect himself whist Tre was just going for the ball. The Cuse player turned his back so there was only one player that would come out worse...Not him.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Sounds like it probably is a separated shoulder from what K said about it being a sprain post game. Separated shoulder = acromioclavicular (AC) sprain = AC separation. Without going into too much detail, most of the time it’s an “as tolerated” injury, in that once you can move the arm comfortably and “protect” yourself, you can play Only the most severe sprains need fixing surgically. A diagnosis of AC separation would be best case scenario in terms of expedience of return. Unlike many other injuries, accurate diagnosis can be made with physical exam and x-ray. Not that a MRI scan won’t be obtained, it likely will, just that it’s a pretty straightforward diagnosis. Nothing would surprise me regarding return date, if confirmed to be AC joint, from a few days to a few weeks.
    Thanks! This gives me more optimism than I had. Great info!

Yeah. I do think 2011 was as good as guaranteed, if there is such a thing in college hoops. That team was perfectly composed and all it took was a damn toe.

Also, any docs here (and not internet docs) who can comment more on a shoulder sprain? Ie what that actually means medically, do they usually come with partial tears, how long to heal, how devasting compared to other sports injuries, etc?

Shoulders are usually safe at Duke basketball, so I have no idea.
    Of course Duke got Kyrie back for the big dance and then some kid went nuts in one game- got drafted 2nd- averaged 9 points in his career and is playing in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Thanks billy. Love having docs on this board!