Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    That's interesting. Now that he's staying, we'll know what program he's in. I wonder where he got rejected initially.
    I have to think that for any kid who has already received his Duke degree, they can cobble together an acceptable graduate course of study to keep him busy...i know that many of them at other schools are just
    some grad courses with some common theme, i.e. you don't have to be accepted into the law or business school for example...no doubt some things happened we aren't privy to, just glad he's back.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Figured this fits here best.

Quarterback Chazz Suratt, who’s one for one on TD completions for Duke, is changing his cheater position to linebacker.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...226799589.html

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post

Quarterback Chazz Suratt, who’s one for one on TD completions for Duke, is changing his cheater position to linebacker.

That was announced last season I believe, though I'm sure Mack Brown (Mr. Football) re-assessed everything...I wonder how he would have done at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post

I assume Mack took one look at the tape from that play and said "Nope, never again". Hard to blame him...to me one of the worst plays I've ever seen in football. Worse than the butt-fumble from years back (which honestly was more of a funny fluke than a bad play).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    That was announced last season I believe, though I'm sure Mack Brown (Mr. Football) re-assessed everything...I wonder how he would have done at Duke.
    Refresh my recall, please. What sort of student was he before arriving at the Hill?

Do not want. Him, his brother, and their stupid dentist billboard can go straight to [carolina].

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Refresh my recall, please. What sort of student was he before arriving at the Hill?
    I have no idea what kind of student he was, but he was a celebrated QB recruit for Cutcliffe (four stars at least with some services), then he decommitted and off to CH he went.
    Left us in the lurch, since we routinely take one (or maybe two) QBs per class...definitely an unhelpful development.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I assume Mack took one look at the tape from that play and said "Nope, never again". Hard to blame him...to me one of the worst plays I've ever seen in football. Worse than the butt-fumble from years back (which honestly was more of a funny fluke than a bad play).
    On the contrary, as I thought it one of the better plays on the gridiron in cheats history and I enjoyed it immensely at the time and still do.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    On the contrary, as I thought it one of the better plays on the gridiron in cheats history and I enjoyed it immensely at the time and still do.
    I was hoping they'd run it a few more times this coming season....

I have no idea what kind of student he was, but he was a celebrated QB recruit for Cutcliffe (four stars at least with some services), then he decommitted and off to CH he went.
    Left us in the lurch, since we routinely take one (or maybe two) QBs per class...definitely an unhelpful development.
    He was also on the cover of Parade Magazine and their NPOY that year. (Must have been the smile and/or mouthguard .)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Since he always seemed to throw his passes to a linebacker, maybe he thinks that he is now a 'defensive receiver"

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    He was also on the cover of Parade Magazine and their NPOY that year. (Must have been the smile and/or mouthguard .)
    Yep this was a BIIIG DEAL when he de-committed and decided he didn't want to play at an institution of higher learning....

My remark was tongue in cheek.

Whatever he was like before, he's now in a place where he probably never envisioned he would be. (I'm referring to the equipment sales and position change.)

Spring practice commences Friday:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Under the direction of head coach David Cutcliffe, the Duke football team will open spring practice on Friday, March 1 at the Brooks Practice Facility. Under NCAA regulations, the Blue Devils will have 15 practice sessions including the program’s annual Spring Showcase scheduled for Friday, April 5.
    I'm disappointed the Spring Showcase is being held on a Friday instead of a Saturday. I guess they are not interested in the fans attending.
    Bob Green

Duke football has always seemed more interested in flying under the radar than engaging Duke fans during spring football. While I can’t think of a reason why Duke football would choose to go that route, there are too many signs each spring that it is a deliberate choice for it to be anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jafarr1 View Post
    Duke football has always seemed more interested in flying under the radar than engaging Duke fans during spring football. While I can’t think of a reason why Duke football would choose to go that route, there are too many signs each spring that it is a deliberate choice for it to be anything else.
    Unfortunately it seems to fly under the radar in Wally Wade far too often during the season too....which does make you wonder why they don't capitalize on every PR opportunity, including spring ball and the spring game.

Chazz eventually went where he wanted. If he’d come to Duke, he’d have backed up Daniel Jones and then become a linebacker.

I don’t view the players as cheaters, incidentally. The institutional cheating was directed by adults; it’s the Carolina administration that deserves shame and penalty. Some of the players were cheated out of an education, and that’s too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Unfortunately it seems to fly under the radar in Wally Wade far too often during the season too...which does make you wonder why they don't capitalize on every PR opportunity, including spring ball and the spring game.
    yeah, I'm a long time supporter of the program, and admire very much what Cut has done, but for the life of me I don't get how secretive Cut is about everything, when in fact he says he wants to get more people in the stands.
    Many top level programs are MUCH more open about stuff, e.g. what young players are coming on, how the depth chart, looks, etc...in short, they like to throw bones to the fans/dogs.

I understand his secrecy about injuries (the entire sports world seems paranoid about info these days) but we have a relatively small football fan base yet do little to inspire and inform them during the off season. Frustrating.
    And then we all lament the lack of attendance on game days...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Chazz eventually went where he wanted. If he’d come to Duke, he’d have backed up Daniel Jones and then become a linebacker.

I don’t view the players as cheaters, incidentally. The institutional cheating was directed by adults; it’s the Carolina administration that deserves shame and penalty. Some of the players were cheated out of an education, and that’s too bad.
    Chazz was busted for selling shoes. He's a cheater.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Chazz was busted for selling shoes. He's a cheater.
    Did that cheater sell shoes to Zion? If so, that makes sense. I'm on this investigation to find out who is responsible for Zion's injury. I've narrowed it down to Chazz and that SI writer. TroubleMaker put me on to him. GoDuke!