Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 516
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yup, and also lots of national television I would imagine.
    Aren't most games on "national TV?"
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Aren't most games on "national TV?"
    With so many options, I, in OK, watched almost allDuke football games. ESPN+ helped some.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Aren't most games on "national TV?"
    We should probably substitute "national TV" with "prime time" or "featured" TV when talking about that kind of exposure as a selling point for recruits given the current media setup.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    WR Keyston Fuller has entered the transfer portal. https://247sports.com/Player/Keyston-Fuller-32029/

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    WR Keyston Fuller has entered the transfer portal. https://247sports.com/Player/Keyston-Fuller-32029/
    Interesting. WR is the one position that seems to ensure that if you are even halfway decent, you'll see the field. We sure saw a lot of less than halfway decent players this past season.
    Maybe he dented the new coach's car?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  6. #46
    Fuller seemed to have potential early but never made the field in an opportunity-rich WR environment.
    Last edited by richmclean; 01-24-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Clarification
       

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Interesting. WR is the one position that seems to ensure that if you are even halfway decent, you'll see the field. We sure saw a lot of less than halfway decent players this past season.
    Maybe he dented the new coach's car?
    Anyway, I don't know the young man, but he saw action in three games and caught two passes for 15 yards, one against Miami and the other against NCCU.

    Last year he caught five passes but for only 17 yards.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Unfortunate news...

    Keyston Fuller suffered a knee injury during an off season workout before his redshirt freshman season that required surgery and set him back. He missed the entire season and perhaps he never fully recovered.

    https://balldurham.com/2016/06/21/du...-knee-surgery/

    Keyston Fuller was an All-State wide receiver and four-year letterwinner at Griffin High School in Georgia, and was ranked as the 27th best wide receiver in the country for the recruiting class of 2015. He was expected to play a key role in the offense this year. At Duke he was named the co-Most Improved Offensive Player after spring practice this year and earned the Sonny Falcone Iron Duke Award in 2015 for his performance and commitment to strength training and conditioning.
    Fuller did not see the field until his third year at Duke.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  9. #49
    Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere, but looks like Josh Jackson (and others) are transferring from Virginia Tech. Let the craziness continue.

    http://www.espn.com/college-football...e-transferring

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Unfortunate news...

    Keyston Fuller suffered a knee injury during an off season workout before his redshirt freshman season that required surgery and set him back. He missed the entire season and perhaps he never fully recovered.

    https://balldurham.com/2016/06/21/du...-knee-surgery/



    Fuller did not see the field until his third year at Duke.
    Keyston has had a positive attitude despite this difficulty. He's finishing up his classwork and moving on.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Keyston has had a positive attitude despite this difficulty. He's finishing up his classwork and moving on.
    Fuller did make some contributions on special teams.

    Ironically, he and Scott Bracey are the two most-touted WR recruits over the last few years and neither really has made much of an impact at WR.

    Still time for Bracey, of course.

    On the other hand, Duke has brought in a fair number of wide receivers in the last two prep classes. Fuller likely saw the handwriting on the wall.

  12. #52
    Itís good that there will be a landing spot for him.
       

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Fuller did make some contributions on special teams.

    Ironically, he and Scott Bracey are the two most-touted WR recruits over the last few years and neither really has made much of an impact at WR.

    Still time for Bracey, of course.

    On the other hand, Duke has brought in a fair number of wide receivers in the last two prep classes. Fuller likely saw the handwriting on the wall.
    Bracey has had a major impact on me, he's made me sad. Had immense hopes for him (maybe something will change), but looking at him on the field, I'm not sure what attribute(s) it was that
    made people project him as a big time receiver...not especially fast, not especially shifty.
    Looking forward to some new WRs and a new coach, maybe it will shake things up in a positive manner.

  14. #54

    Offseason moves

    In addition to the Feamster, Hayes, Lucas, and Fuller departures, it looks as if Mason Williams (transfer from Penn) is also absent from the roster. I would expect that PT was also a factor here and that Duke was over the 85 schollie limit, prior.

  15. #55
    I actually thought that in the Spring Game and in very limited opportunities, Fuller showed some ability. Not sure what he would do with more chances, but I saw something that I personally would have liked to have seen what he could do with more playing time (though admittedly, I didnít spend a lot of time thinking about it). However, with that, much respect to him for coming, getting his degree, everything he gave to Duke, and I wish him the best wherever he goes.

    One separate question: Any update on Mark Gilbert? Not sure if some on here have any insight. Thanks.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    One separate question: Any update on Mark Gilbert? Not sure if some on here have any insight. Thanks.
    No inside info here, but the GoDuke roster has been recently updated for the spring and it includes Gilbert and our new WR Coach and does not include any of the transfers previously mentioned. Also includes our true freshmen.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    I just looked at the running transfer portal on 247 sports to get a gauge of whether our transfers were above the norm. Apologies if this has already been covered, but Holy Smokes!! What is going on at Virginia Tech??? There must have been a dozen guys transferring out.

    Any insight as to what's going on at VPI? Are they all grad transfers? Is there a new wave of recruits coming in?

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    I just looked at the running transfer portal on 247 sports to get a gauge of whether our transfers were above the norm. Apologies if this has already been covered, but Holy Smokes!! What is going on at Virginia Tech??? There must have been a dozen guys transferring out.

    Any insight as to what's going on at VPI? Are they all grad transfers? Is there a new wave of recruits coming in?
    Do you have a link? That's interesting re VPI.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Do you have a link? That's interesting re VPI.
    Try this SI story.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by devilirium View Post
    In addition to the Feamster, Hayes, Lucas, and Fuller departures, it looks as if Mason Williams (transfer from Penn) is also absent from the roster. I would expect that PT was also a factor here and that Duke was over the 85 schollie limit, prior.
    Williams wasn't on scholarship if my info is correct. But yeah, he's gone, too.

Similar Threads

  1. Details of Duke [football] Spring Showcase
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2019, 02:02 PM
  2. Duke Football Offseason
    By Avvocato in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 793
    Last Post: 08-14-2018, 10:49 AM
  3. Duke Football Spring Practice Thread
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
  4. Duke Football 2012 Spring Practice
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
  5. Please share information on Spring football practice.
    By Kewlswim in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •