Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 332
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Austin Kendall to WVa. Sorry not to Duke, but probably felt he had better chance to start in Morgantown
    I don't know about that. I think he wanted the bigger stage, the bigger crowds, the more wide open Big 12 thing....I think he would've certainly started for Duke. On the other hand, I think Harris deserves to start, and Gunnar and Katrenick deserve the shot to beat him out.

    So one the one hand, would've liked to have seen Kendall at Duke. On the other, kind of a relief we don't have that tension.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Meet new WR coach Trooper Taylor you will not be disappointed:

    http://www.goduke.com/onDemandShare...0&CFID=6307243
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Meet new WR coach Trooper Taylor you will not be disappointed:

    http://www.goduke.com/onDemandShare...0&CFID=6307243
    It took them so long to officially announce it I was starting to worry it had fallen through! Appears to be a great addition to the staff.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Think Duke/Cut would have any interest in this guy?

    https://247sports.com/college/texas-...fer-128184666/
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Think Duke/Cut would have any interest in this guy?

    https://247sports.com/college/texas-...fer-128184666/
    My hunch is no. Not rated nearly where the kid from Charlotte/Oklahoma was....and I wouldn't think Cut would muddy up the water with another QB unless it was a homerun recruit.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    My hunch is no. Not rated nearly where the kid from Charlotte/Oklahoma was...and I wouldn't think Cut would muddy up the water with another QB unless it was a homerun recruit.
    My feeling as well. I do expect QB will be a priority for the 2020 recruiting class (as of now we would have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster in 2020 unless I am forgetting someone).

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    My feeling as well. I do expect QB will be a priority for the 2020 recruiting class (as of now we would have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster in 2020 unless I am forgetting someone).
    Filling that priority would be easier, I think, if we see DJ get an ESPN moment as a first round draft pick in April..."from 2 star recruit to first round pick by way of Cutcliffe..."
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Filling that priority would be easier, I think, if we see DJ get an ESPN moment as a first round draft pick in April..."from 2 star recruit to first round pick by way of Cutcliffe..."
    One would think so, and yet for all his rep as a guy who has taught top QBs, Cut has had problems luring top QBs to Duke...he's even noted himself that many of them don't seem to feel they need much coaching.
    Sears and The Rat decommitting did not help, either.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    One would think so, and yet for all his rep as a guy who has taught top QBs, Cut has had problems luring top QBs to Duke...he's even noted himself that many of them don't seem to feel they need much coaching.
    Sears and The Rat decommitting did not help, either.
    I agree with your bigger point, but Cut's never had a great QB draft moment while at Duke...and DJ may be his first. The contrast between where DJ is now, versus Sears and The Rat, is stunning. What separates DJ from Sears and the Rat? Playing for Cut. Maybe some of these QBs can do the math.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I agree with your bigger point, but Cut's never had a great QB draft moment while at Duke...and DJ may be his first. The contrast between where DJ is now, versus Sears and The Rat, is stunning. What separates DJ from Sears and the Rat? Playing for Cut. Maybe some of these QBs can do the math.
    Yeah, it's a good moment for him, we'll see if it spawns anything. There is certainly plenty of buzz around his coaching the Mannings, and yet that has not sent a lot of top QB prospects our way...Holmberg maybe?
    It just seems that the top QBs tend to flock to the ultra big time programs...one can always hope...

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Adam Rowe is tweeting that the Texas A&M backup QB will be a grad transfer this summer with two years eligibility and said he is looking at Duke among others.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Think Duke/Cut would have any interest in this guy?

    https://247sports.com/college/texas-...fer-128184666/
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    My hunch is no. Not rated nearly where the kid from Charlotte/Oklahoma was...and I wouldn't think Cut would muddy up the water with another QB unless it was a homerun recruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    My feeling as well. I do expect QB will be a priority for the 2020 recruiting class (as of now we would have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster in 2020 unless I am forgetting someone).
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Adam Rowe is tweeting that the Texas A&M backup QB will be a grad transfer this summer with two years eligibility and said he is looking at Duke among others.
    ^^ Maybe this does have some legs .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ^^ Maybe this does have some legs .
    Regrettably the trend has been that transferring QBs give us a sniff but then choose the brighter lights...we've had several of those already this portal season. (I still love that phrase...hey coach, are you having a good portal this year?)

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Regrettably the trend has been that transferring QBs give us a sniff but then choose the brighter lights...we've had several of those already this portal season. (I still love that phrase...hey coach, are you having a good portal this year?)
    I love it as well. I want to see the Flash Gordon/Star Trek style of video where the player enters a booth in one uniform on one campus and exits in a different uniform on another campus.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I love it as well. I want to see the Flash Gordon/Star Trek style of video where the player enters a booth in one uniform on one campus and exits in a different uniform on another campus.
    Maybe one of our brighter computer science guys can hack the portal's destination software, kid who thought he'd opted for Ohio State finds himself walking around West Campus.
    There was that tale about a Wake coach (was it Bones?) who says he successfully recruited a kid for Wake while showing him the Duke campus...stuff happens.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of Travis County
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Maybe one of our brighter computer science guys can hack the portal's destination software, kid who thought he'd opted for Ohio State finds himself walking around West Campus.
    There was that tale about a Wake coach (was it Bones?) who says he successfully recruited a kid for Wake while showing him the Duke campus...stuff happens.
    Peahead Walker, the football coach credited with getting Wake to the right level at the right time to be invited into the ACC and not left behind in the SoCon. Lots more stories here:

    https://magazine.wfu.edu/2016/10/23/...ble-character/

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Peahead Walker, the football coach credited with getting Wake to the right level at the right time to be invited into the ACC and not left behind in the SoCon. Lots more stories here:

    https://magazine.wfu.edu/2016/10/23/...ble-character/
    nice find. Can't imagine why we wouldn't want to emulate Peahead, proven strategy!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    One would think so, and yet for all his rep as a guy who has taught top QBs, Cut has had problems luring top QBs to Duke...he's even noted himself that many of them don't seem to feel they need much coaching.
    Sears and The Rat decommitting did not help, either.
    Living in Oklahoma and seeing (on the net) what high ranked QBs seem to look for, in addition to coaching, are substantial offensive linemen, super receivers, and chance to win big.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Living in Oklahoma and seeing (on the net) what high ranked QBs seem to look for, in addition to coaching, are substantial offensive linemen, super receivers, and chance to win big.
    yup, and also lots of national television I would imagine.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yup, and also lots of national television I would imagine.
    Yes, to all the football equivalents to Duke basketball....
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Football Offseason
    By Avvocato in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 793
    Last Post: 08-14-2018, 10:49 AM
  2. Duke Football Spring Practice Thread
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
  3. Duke Football 2012 Spring Practice
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
  4. 2011 Duke Spring Football Updates
    By watzone in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 01:09 PM
  5. Please share information on Spring football practice.
    By Kewlswim in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •