Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Aaron Young has reviewed his options and has chosen to stay at Duke for his final season of eligibility!

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...226102410.html

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Aaron Young has reviewed his options and has chosen to stay at Duke for his final season of eligibility!

Would love to know what happened behind the scenes there, but glad to have him back in any case!

Woo-hoo! We got a player from the transfer portal. Good news, indeed!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

This news makes me happy. I'm happy for Aaron Young, Duke football and the fan base.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by bob green View Post
    this news makes me happy. I'm happy for aaron young, duke football and the fan base.
    fan
    dam
    tastic

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This news makes me happy. I'm happy for Aaron Young, Duke football and the fan base.
    Me too!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Echoing everyone else with a rousing WHEW!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Woo-hoo! We got a player from the transfer portal. Good news, indeed!
    What happens when someone goes into the transfer portal and then re-emerges? Did time somehow freeze for them? Are they unnaturally aged due to traveling at the speed of light? I want answers!

More importantly, though, really glad to hear this. Look forward to him being a force next year!

Hey — welcome back to Duke, Aaron Young!

This is my birthday present. Awesome!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What happens when someone goes into the transfer portal and then re-emerges?
    I have no idea but I'm optimistic they re-emerge with a fully healed hamstring!
    Bob Green

Young had said he didn’t get into grad school at Duke so he was transferring. Statement might no longer be operable but we’ll see.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    What happens when someone goes into the transfer portal and then re-emerges? Did time somehow freeze for them? Are they unnaturally aged due to traveling at the speed of light? I want answers!
    tos-letthatbeyourlastbattlefield7.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

More importantly, though, really glad to hear this. Look forward to him being a force next year!
    If one approaches the speed of light in the transfer portal, wouldn't that make everyone else older?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    One of the most socially potent statements ever made in TOS! Great episode.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If one approaches the speed of light in the transfer portal, wouldn't that make everyone else older?
    Depends on whether you circle the Earth clockwise or counterclockwise. And assuming it’s not flat of course.

Great news. I think it's important for us to have at least one experienced veteran wide receiver as a lot of young ones will be called upon to take on big roles, especially with a relatively inexperienced quarterback taking over. Now, hopefully he stays healthy for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Well, all I know is that a week ago we were WR thin and were presumably keeping our eyes open for an 18 year old prospect, and then the portal
    opened up to deliver a 22 year old who knows the coaches, system, plays, and teammates and has had a 100 yard game against D1 competition.

Important question,OPK...by failing to go all the way through, I think Young found himself much like the chaps in Star Trek who were moving via the Transporter when there was a power surge/interruption/Klingon attack/whatever...precarious.
    Regarding grad school, I never bought the notion they couldn't find something for Young at Duke...gotta be some graduate work that can be done short of getting into Fuqua or something...(I think that could be pretty enjoyable, having a degree in hand and you get to putter about in grad school, maybe find something very interesting)

Quote Originally Posted by richmclean View Post
    Young had said he didn’t get into grad school at Duke so he was transferring. Statement might no longer be operable but we’ll see.
    That's interesting. Now that he's staying, we'll know what program he's in. I wonder where he got rejected initially.