View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Florida State this afternoon?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Zion Williamson

2 1.16%
  • RJ Barrett

37 21.39%
  • Cam Reddish

134 77.46%
  • Tre Jones

0 0%
  • Jack White

0 0%
  • Marques Bolden

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I voted for RJ. When FSU threatened to open a big lead in the second half, RJ put the team on his back and kept us in the game. His consistent offense put us in a position to win.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Did Austin Rivers win MOTM in his game winning shot against the cheats? Probably. Cam for hitting the biggest shot in his young career. GoCam and GoDuke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I abstained from that vote because it was so skewed. I still have the option, ha!

MOTMVote.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Cam

Game winner, nuff said.

If we're being 100% dispassionate and mathematical, Cam's last minute is neutral... the shot cancels out the turnover and foul.

But, that's not how this thing works... Cam gets it because of the history of his season so far and what his game today could mean going forward.

Barrett carried the team. Duke would have lost without him. But Reddish had a great game as well, and he hit *the* shot. Reddish gets my vote.

Had to go with RJ. Cam was definitely the hero, and I was really happy to see him do so well today. But RJ carried the heavy load throughout the game. And I felt like it was the combination of RJ's performance throughout the game, and the well planned and executed play - that allowed Cam to be standing there with a wide open shot at the end. So glad that he sank it.

And like everyone else, I really love this team.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Barrett played a man's game for 40 minutes. Reddish made some big shots, but Barrett made it possible for Duke to be in the position to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    If we're being 100% dispassionate and mathematical, Cam's last minute is neutral... the shot cancels out the turnover and foul.

But, that's not how this thing works... Cam gets it because of the history of his season so far and what his game today could mean going forward.
    Cam also gets it - because that foul was a BS call. Cam didn't foul him. He merely got called for the foul. Awful awful call.

I was gonna vote Cam even before the game winner so that shot makes it even easier.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I abstained from that vote because it was so skewed. I still have the option, ha!

MOTMVote.jpg
    Lol I think it's still the only unanimous decision we've ever had. He carried us that entire game ala RJ today plus the Cam game winner. In fact his was a true buzzer beater as underdogs and against those guys while in the dump with one of the best comebacks I've ever seen (Thanks Zeller!). Truly a masterpiece.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Cam had an awesome game, but let's not forget he missed several free throws..Make a couple and we don't need the heroics. But still I am pleased to see him do so well.

To me RJ was the most valuable and tough player with Cam also doing a great job.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Curious as to the reasoning for the Zion vote.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I voted in that MOTM. It was cool seeing all the usernames, some of which we don't hear from anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Voted for RJ. Would have voted for Cam but his turnover on the sideline at crunch time and foul on the 3 pointer may have detracted a bit for me. Still a great outing for the kid and I am glad to see him getting it together. Hope Zion will be ok..
    That turnover wasn't on Cam, it was a bad pass from Tre.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I gotta give this one to Cam. I just gotta.

RJ played great.
    Well said camion.

I think that many of us voted in the afterglow of "the shot". While Cam was simply fantastic for much of the game, it was RJ that shouldered most of the attack load that kept us close. That being said, I cannot fault those that voted for Cam, I almost did myself. But this is Man Of The Match, not of The Shot. But again, it would be easy to vote for either one, it was that close..Just glad when we needed both kids to step up when Zion went down, and they did..

Tough call. Cam and RJ both deserve it but having one vote I voted for RJ. He carried the team on offense to keep the game close in the second half. His 32 were the most points scored by a freshman on the road under Coach K.

I voted for Reddish. A confident Cam makes us that much more potent offensively; especially in the half court if opponents choose to clog the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Cam also gets it - because that foul was a BS call. Cam didn't foul him. He merely got called for the foul. Awful awful call.
    I didn't like the call when I first saw it, but when I looked at the replay, it definitely looked like Cam leaned into him. Had he stayed vertical, I don't think it would (or should) have been a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I think that many of us voted in the afterglow of "the shot". While Cam was simply fantastic for much of the game, it was RJ that shouldered most of the attack load that kept us close. That being said, I cannot fault those that voted for Cam, I almost did myself. But this is Man Of The Match, not of The Shot. But again, it would be easy to vote for either one, it was that close..Just glad when we needed both kids to step up when Zion went down, and they did..
    Here's the thing...this topic is subjective as much or more than objective. MOTM can mean any number of things. Does it mean MVP for the game? Does it mean who was 'the story' of the game? Or something else? Was Cam the overall MVP of the game? No, RJ was, and thus a vote for him is totally logical. Was Cam the story of the game? No doubt about it, for two huge reasons - so that vote is great too.

It depends on the voter individually, which is great to me. I often vote differently in these polls, with well over 100 voters, and 35 or so chances to vote, than I would if I were the lone vote, casting it one time per season.

Per my conversation with Carlos yesterday, Javin got as many votes here as he got rebounds.
    Might have a stiff neck from watching all those lobs sail over his head. Time for the Icy Patch!