Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    Too much fouling? There were only 29 fouls called throughout... Let me rephrase for you—too many uncalled fouls. As one who tends to try to not look through Duke blue glasses during games, the officiating in this game was pretty embarrassing. Games at FSU tend to be very physical affairs, but I was stunned at some of the no-calls this afternoon. Zion spending a half on the bench? If this were the NBA, that crew wouldn't work a game for quite some time...

Tre didn't have a top flight game, but that has a lot to do with how well coached FSU is under Robinson, particularly in these situations, when the game is being called very loose so they can be very physical. Cam was absolutely amazing this afternoon!
    I said something similar upthread, that this was Tre's worst game by far.

I think it was, but he still had a pretty solid day. 6 assists, 1 TO. 6 points isn't great. I think a lot of it was his having to play 40 minutes. Forrest is a heady player with some experience so it didn't shock me that Tre couldn't control him defensively. But he just seemed a little out of whack, a little less in control than he normally is. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme. Would've preferred to see him hit that FT down the stretch though.

I think he needs to shoot more in games we're winning handily to try and get some rhythm. If he becomes comfortable at all shooting the ball, and Cam is like this, we're unbeatable.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

How did Javin not come away with a single rebound today? 0 points. 0 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I said something similar upthread, that this was Tre's worst game by far.

I think it was, but he still had a pretty solid day. 6 assists, 1 TO. 6 points isn't great. I think a lot of it was his having to play 40 minutes. Forrest is a heady player with some experience so it didn't shock me that Tre couldn't control him defensively. But he just seemed a little out of whack, a little less in control than he normally is. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme. Would've preferred to see him hit that FT down the stretch though.

I think he needs to shoot more in games we're winning handily to try and get some rhythm. If he becomes comfortable at all shooting the ball, and Cam is like this, we're unbeatable.
    I'm pretty sure Tre had 2-3 TO....one was probably called a shot when it was a little runner lob...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Duke gets all the calls...
    Daniel Ewing just got T'd up by TV Teddy...

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Between his total lack of boxing out fundamentals and his shaky hands...not surprising...I mean, why should someone who is 6-11 and a great natural leaper get any rebounds....??
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 01-12-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Between his total lack of boxing out fundamentals and his shaky hands...not surprising...
    But he didn't miss a shot today! Alaa is still quaking!

-jk

Was anyone else worried TV-T was going to t up the Duke bench at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by downtowndevil View Post
    Was anyone else worried TV-T was going to t up the Duke bench at the end?
    For what? Clock had expired (before being reset).

-jk

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Would it have mattered? Does he need a real reason to grab more TV time?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I haven’t seen the definitive replay but there was a chance players were off the bench on the court before the clock was 0:00. He prob wanted to review that on the monitor while they were checking the actual time left! But anyway... on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Well, I figure he does want to get more games (for good or ill)...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by downtowndevil View Post
    I haven’t seen the definitive replay but there was a chance players were off the bench on the court before the clock was 0:00. He prob wanted to review that on the monitor while they were checking the actual time left! But anyway... on to the next one
    The clock stops in the last 2:00 when the ball goes through the basket.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    *Not a foul
    Which one wasn’t a foul?

1) The eye gouge
    2) The held right arm
    3) The arm in the back

2 hrs 20 minutes of TV-Teddy and Vitale. OUCH ! I wouldn't have been surprised if Dicky V would have given Teddy some airtime during the last 30 seconds. An on-court on-camera interview !

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    He has a granddaughter, and he wants her to see him on TV. Sounds like a pretty good reason to me...
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The clock stops in the last 2:00 when the ball goes through the basket.
    It’s supposed to but in this case it did not. Buzzer sounded, backboard light went red. Storming the court is allowed in that case. A technical would not have been appropriate (not that it would stop TV Ted. FTG)

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Brilliant play call. I thought Cam might be the number two option on the play, but it really looked like he was number one and RJ was a decoy.

This really bodes well for the rest of the season. Cam got out of his own way and just played ball. I really happy for the him.
    if you really look at a freeze frame of the start of the play you can tell two guys were focusing on RJ and the one guy between in front of Jack and Cam got screened by Jack as Cam went right...really think the play was to RJ first and then Cam if RJ was double teamed...great play call...they had to pick their poison and went with the double team and Cam made them pay for it....so happy for him...he had a great game like he was playing earlier in the year...they climbed another mountain together today
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

The biggest takeaway (all the drama aside) is the team displayed resilience and toughness in the face of adversity.

I believe RJ Barrett has a Laettner “MFer” streak that was on display today.

For all the grief and hand wringing about Cam this season so far, he stepped up when it mattered and had the guts to take and make the last shot.

There are a lot of difficult games remaining on the schedule. Today’s outcome gives me a lot of hope we’ll see this team triumph in the face of future adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Are you channeling your inner Ed Cota?

Between his total lack of boxing out fundamentals and his shaky hands...not surprising...I mean, why should someone who is 6-11 and a great natural leaper get any rebounds...??
    So true. His hands are terrible, especially on offense. He can only catch the ball when it’s thrown into his body. Him and Marques. I call him Javin De-throwaway if he tries to catch the ball with only his hands lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for the guy, but man he was frustrating to watch today.