Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 80, Florida St. 78 Post-Game Thread

Welcome to Duke, Cam Reddish. Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Lets get this straight.

We just beat the no. 13 team in the country (who was previously top 10) that are 44-2 at home, without our best player Zion Williamson for a whole half.

That was incredible. Absolutely incredible.

If you didn't believe in this team, you should now. They are special. No doubt about it.

The scary thing is there is so much room for improvement. We gave away so many points on poorly defended pick and rolls. We also missed some crucial free throws, which have been slowly improving.

This team is so fun to watch.

What a finish! I wouldn't call it a great game aesthetically, too much fouling, too choppy. But what an ending!!

We just beat FSU on the road with one (very muscled) hand tied behind our back.

Fantastic. Exhilarating.

The SHOT of '19.

Just to start. Carolina gets thumped at home and Duke wins on the road. Great day!

What a playcall and shot by Cam! I love it. He's been in a funk, so I'm really happy he balled out today and then won the game.

This is exactly the kind of game I've seen freshmen-led Duke teams of the last few years lose again and again. RJ is special, he'll have a brilliant career in the NBA. Cam stepped up with Zion out. This team will be tough to beat in March.

Barrett and Reddish played fantastic games today. Helped that they made their 3s, obviously, but that was huge without Zion.

Yeeeaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Man this will be a win I'll cherish for a while.

TV Teddy was a complete joke this game....and not just the end of the game.

Man this feels good.

So happy for Cam. That was awesome.

The sheer petulance and audacity of K to draw up that last play....GOAT.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Wow. Just wow. This team grew up playing without Zion. Tre struggled today, no Zion and Jack was a little off. Reddish was incredible and hopefully he builds on this game. He was star 1a but the man that carried us was RJ. That is a big win with them hacking us and no fouls called and us not being able to block out or stop the lob. Hats off to the coaching staff. Bolden played good again. Very happy. Go Duke.

Absolutely awesome win!
    Maybe the best missed free throw of the year by Barrett as it turned the game in our favor. Go figure.
    Reddish! Wow!!!

That had to be a confidence booster for Cam. He had a great game.

Fantastic result for a tough game. A win in a half without Zion, against a tough opponent that was playing well, with a few tough calls along the way, and a finish that has to get Cam out of his mental slump.

Also, maybe I'm in my own head, but TV Teddy almost makes these games unwatchable. It feels like the average age of a ref in our games is 55. Is it really such a good ol' boys' club that guys with 30 years of bad habits, histrionics, egotism, and objectively poor performance continue to be deemed worthy of officiating marquee games?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWorkDukie View Post
    What a playcall and shot by Cam! I love it. He's been in a funk, so I'm really happy he balled out today and then won the game.
    Just great all around. K had faith in Cam, and so did his teammates. Beautiful pass from Tre--and his little pep talk to Bolden may have drawn more attention away from the perimeter. I swear, Tre is a genius.

And then the guts from Cam to hit that shot. Cam deserves a lot of credit for hitting it, but don't miss how well everyone else played their parts too.

Duke wins on the road with Cam sinking the winning three with 2 seconds left... AND Carolina gets mauled at home. It's been a very good day!

Sure, go ahead and ignore the hot hand of Cam. Nice and breezy out there on the edge. Plenty of elbow room.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I'm just so, so happy for Cam Reddish. No more funk. At least for the present.