Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmatians98 View Post
    A photo on ESPN's site shows the moment Zion suffered the eye injury.
    Someone less charitable than me might wonder whether that claw to the eyes was deliberate.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ent-eye-injury
    I am that less charitable person in the Zeyeon Vigil thread.

Ouch:

Zion.jpg
    Bob Green

Someone less charitable than me might wonder whether that claw to the eyes was deliberate.

Deliberate or not, why wasn't it a foul? Betcha if a Duke player hit someone in the face going for the ball it would be...

Also, during that last time out when K was talking to everyone else, Cam kept looking at K. He was ready.

Noles fans were 2.8 seconds away from storming the court. Cam made sure it was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Ouch:

Zion.jpg
    *Not a foul

I was at the game. Sat across from the Duke bench. What a game! Glad I didn’t have to witness a court storming.

Quote Originally Posted by toothmechanic72 View Post
    I was at the game. Sat across from the Duke bench. What a game! Glad I didn’t have to witness a court storming.
    Actually there was a court storming after THE SHOT. I about half a dozen folks in blue rushed Cam for a group hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    What a finish! I wouldn't call it a great game aesthetically, too much fouling, too choppy. But what an ending!!

We just beat FSU on the road with one (very muscled) hand tied behind our back.
    Too much fouling? There were only 29 fouls called throughout... Let me rephrase for you—too many uncalled fouls. As one who tends to try to not look through Duke blue glasses during games, the officiating in this game was pretty embarrassing. Games at FSU tend to be very physical affairs, but I was stunned at some of the no-calls this afternoon. Zion spending a half on the bench? If this were the NBA, that crew wouldn't work a game for quite some time...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Tre struggled today, no Zion and Jack was a little off.
    Tre didn't have a top flight game, but that has a lot to do with how well coached FSU is under Robinson, particularly in these situations, when the game is being called very loose so they can be very physical. Cam was absolutely amazing this afternoon!
    Last edited by Papa John; 01-12-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toothmechanic72 View Post
    I'm glad you didn't either. A great day, the cheats get the heck beat out of them at cheatcenter and Duke wins at FSU. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by shereec View Post
    Deliberate or not, why wasn't it a foul? Betcha if a Duke player hit someone in the face going for the ball it would be...

Also, during that last time out when K was talking to everyone else, Cam kept looking at K. He was ready.
    Better yet, what if that FSU player was Grayson last year? Can you imagine what the universe would be saying right now, and what the ESPN headline would be???

Speaking of TV Ted, do we think Dickie V realizes that's being used by everyone else as a pejorative?

Quote Originally Posted by diablesseblu View Post
    Glad you said that. I was thinking it when I saw this picture. And, why was there no stoppage of play?

Was not able to see the game. Now that I know from DBR that TV Teddy was officiating, I may not watch it. I thought he was no longer calling ACC games?
    The B1G fired him and he ends up in the acc. Go figure.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

ADVANCED STATS

Possessions: 72.27

OFFENSE

oRtg: 1.11 (our adjusted oRtg was 1.22).
    eFG%: 54.6%
    3pt%: 45.8% (2nd best three-performance of the season, after the Kentucky game (46.2%))
    2pt%: 46.3% (2nd worst two-performance of the season, after the Gonzaga game (44.1%))
    %threes: 36.9% (in light of the two numbers above, I'm cool with this number)
    FT rate: 23.1% (lower than we should be, for the third straight game (i.e., all conference games so far)
    OR%: 40.5% (very impressive against a big FSU team and with no Zion for half the game)
    TO%: 19.4% (third less-than-good TO performances in our last four games)
    a/to: 1:1
    %assisted: 46.7%
    fast break pts: 21 fb pts for 26.3% (this was basically the ball game)

DEFENSE

dRtg: 1.08 (adjusted that's 0.99, not great but I guess acceptable)
    eFG%: 46.8% (ditto)
    3pt%: 32.0%
    2pt%: 45.9% (not great, but not bad, considering they had 10 dunks)
    %threes: 40.3% (we let them take a lot of threes; lucky they didn't hit so many)
    FT rate: 38.7% (pretty high but not too horrible)
    DR%: 52.8% (our worst defensive rebounding performance of the season, by a lot)
    TO%: 23.5% (ninth straight game over 20%)
    a/to: 0.94:1 (broke an eight game streak under 0.8:1)
    %assisted: 64.0%
    fast break pts: 4 fb pts for 5.1% (ninth straight game under 16%)
    block%: 4.8%; 8.1% of 2-point shots (not great, but it's hard to block dunks)
    steal%: 9.7% (second straight only so-so game, compared to our season steals performance)

We couldn't grab a defensive rebound (though we can't blame Marques this time, he led the team with 4 d-boards), and we hit a lot of threes (including the big one at the end). That about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by diablesseblu View Post
    Glad you said that. I was thinking it when I saw this picture. And, why was there no stoppage of play?

Was not able to see the game. Now that I know from DBR that TV Teddy was officiating, I may not watch it. I thought he was no longer calling ACC games?
    Without a serious, threatening injury they don't stop when it's on the defense - by rule. As soon as the ball changes hands, they stop play.

I suspect it's about faked injuries. (c.f., Deano)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    They are featuring a video now that is titled "Controversial Call that Set Up Duke's Win." What a bunch of total horsesheeeeeeoooottttt

Clearly that ball was Duke ball...did NOT hit Jack White, period.
    Yep. And when Seth Greenberg did the Duke highlights during the Kansas game halftime, they did it again. They presented the highlight as the refs gave FSU the ball, but "the call was overturned and the ball given to Duke." Greenberg literally said "when you coach against Duke calls like that tend not to go your way." Pathetic. The ball was obviously Duke's on the replay. But Duke gets all the calls Duke-hate controversy gets more clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    *Not a foul
    Duke gets all the calls....

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    Too much fouling? There were only 29 fouls called throughout... Let me rephrase for you—too many uncalled fouls. As one who tends to try to not look through Duke blue glasses during games, the officiating in this game was pretty embarrassing. Games at FSU tend to be very physical affairs, but I was stunned at some of the no-calls this afternoon. Zion spending a half on the bench? If this were the NBA, that crew wouldn't work a game for quite some time...

Tre didn't have a top flight game, but that has a lot to do with how well coached FSU is under Robinson, particularly in these situations, when the game is being called very loose so they can be very physical. Cam was absolutely amazing this afternoon!
    and, in the acc, they'll get extra assignments...

We won. I'm happy so I'll I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and moan less and there have been worse reffed games down there but you can't have 2 standards calling a game depending on which team has the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep. And when Seth Greenberg did the Duke highlights during the Kansas game halftime, they did it again. They presented the highlight as the refs gave FSU the ball, but "the call was overturned and the ball given to Duke." Greenberg literally said "when you coach against Duke calls like that tend not to go your way." Pathetic. The ball was obviously Duke's on the replay. But Duke gets all the calls Duke-hate controversy gets more clicks.
    Even more reason/s to despise greenburg now, like I needed any more. What a #$%^.

Looked intentional to me in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    and, in the acc, they'll get extra assignments...

We won. I'm happy so I'll I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and moan less and there have been worse reffed games down there but you can't have 2 standards calling a game depending on which team has the ball.
    Nah, the time to I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and moan is with a WIN...so it's not an excuse....it's a valid complaint.