Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Watching the play for the 10th time, that was definitely drawn up for Cam. Bolden and White crashed down hard to pin down the defenders for Cam. Great play call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Wow. Just wow. This team grew up playing without Zion. Tre struggled today, no Zion and Jack was a little off. Reddish was incredible and hopefully he builds on this game. He was star 1a but the man that carried us was RJ. That is a big win with them hacking us and no fouls called and us not being able to block out or stop the lob. Hats off to the coaching staff. Bolden played good again. Very happy. Go Duke.
    Wow! RJ and Reddish carried the load today. Great win.

I'll take the credit for this win folks! Today i climbed a volcano (Volcan Sta Maria in Guatemala, 3772m). The only play of the game that took place after firing up the ol' internet was Cam's 3 for the win.
    Looks like Duke got hot from 3 for the first time in a while, and we got essentially nothing from our big men.
    Always tough to win at FSU, so this one is pure gold!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    That win required a special team. Not good, not great, but special. Just think of what we were up against:
    • A second half without arguably the best player in the country
    • A hostile road environment where it felt llike were playing 5 on 7 (an extra player for the crowd, and another for the refs *cough cough* TV Ted *cough cough*)
    • A team that arguably matches up as well against us as any in the country athletically, but with experience
    • The worst game of the year, arguably, from both our captains and primary role players
    • As Dickie V had to mention over and over and over, bad history against FSU when it comes to upsets
    • A hell of a lot of bounces (FTs, 50-50 calls, FSU making tough shots) not going our way

And still, we pulled it off. I can't think of a Duke team in the past 5 years that could've done what this team just did in those circumstances.

This game could/should get Cam's confidence back in droves. It came pretty darn close to redeeming R.J.'s struggles down the stretch against Gonzaga (the missed FT was all that stood in the way of full redemption). It showed that Marques Bolden can stand up to punishment from some of the best bigs in the country. And, finally, it showed we can beat a Top-15 team on the road without the presumptive Wooden Award leader.

Special.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

No Zion for a half; Tre's worst game by far; Cofer the Duke killer in full effect; still win. Quite a day.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatians98 View Post
    Duke wins on the road with Cam sinking the winning three with 2 seconds left... AND Carolina gets mauled at home. It's been a very good day!
    You are the master of understatement. It's a great day.

I just want to share a text conversation I was having with my friend during this game (sorry if it's a bit blurry):

IMG_0180.jpg

I inadvertently predicted Cam would hit the game winner.

My friend told me to go buy a lottery ticket after the game ended

Terrific win...I was never worried about Reddish because it was obvious he was in a slump. I am worried about FT shooting. That is the thing that will most likely stop this team. You have to play a close game in the tournament at some point and you can't give away points at the line.

Anyone know why Zion didn’t go back in despite looking ok?

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I just want to share a text conversation I was having with my friend during this game (sorry if it's a bit blurry):

IMG_0180.jpg

I inadvertently predicted Cam would hit the game winner.

He told me to go buy a lottery ticket after the game ended
    Nice call, Coach K(AzE)

The dog is still trembling and won't look at me.

Quote Originally Posted by knicknut View Post
    Fantastic result for a tough game. A win in a half without Zion, against a tough opponent that was playing well, with a few tough calls along the way, and a finish that has to get Cam out of his mental slump.

Also, maybe I'm in my own head, but TV Teddy almost makes these games unwatchable. It feels like the average age of a ref in our games is 55. Is it really such a good ol' boys' club that guys with 30 years of bad habits, histrionics, egotism, and objectively poor performance continue to be deemed worthy of officiating marquee games?
    B1G didn't want him and the acc did?

Think about that.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

No Zion, no problem!

(Although he looked like he may have gotten a concussion, get well soon PLEASE!)

Cam. Reddish. Such a smooth jumper. Nothing but net for the win! Dagger!

I will remember this game forever, most importantly, how jovial the 71 year old Coach K looked after drawing up the perfect baseline out of bounds play to beat the gritty Leonard Hamilton who is one heck of a coach. When Coach K jumped off the bench and gave Nolan Smith and Jon Scheyer high fives, that was beautiful! Coach K is the GOAT!

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Watching the play for the 10th time, that was definitely drawn up for Cam. Bolden and White crashed down hard to pin down the defenders for Cam. Great play call.
    I agree. Barrett was a decoy. And I believe Tre walking out to talk to Bolden before the inbounds was part of the deception—a “false tell”, if you will.

What a character building win - for a group with a heck of a lot of character to begin with. Amazing to overcome no Zion - and the officiating - those were two killer three point shot fouls on us.

How incredible that Reddish finds his mojo under those circumstances - just hard to believe. Can’t think of a precedent. What an amazing thing confidence is - must have gotten just enough from the Clemson win.

I’m an Eagles fan - that was a little bit of a double doink by FSU with the ball bouncing off their two guys on RJ’s missed shot

Let's not forget two jumping into the three-point shooters.

If your glass is half full, pour the contents into a smaller glass and quit griping.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I'll take the credit for this win folks! Today i climbed a volcano...
    Big deal!

I changed seats on the couch with my husband at the half.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

bUt ThEy DoNt PlAy AnY rOaD gAmEs

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    No Zion for a half; Tre's worst game by far; Cofer the Duke killer in full effect; still win. Quite a day.
    Tre didn't shoot well but his game wasn't bad with 8 points, 5 boards, 6A:1TO, and 3 steals. I'll take that.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Red face

I really thought we were going to lose with Zion out of the game, but I could not be happier about the way Cam stepped up in the 2nd half. There was no way RJ could win this game on his own, and even despite the turnover and the foul on the 3 point shooter (which should have been a no call), Cam didn't let it affect him mentally and took and made the biggest shot of his college career.

So happy right now