Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 80, Florida St. 78 Post-Game Thread

Welcome to Duke, Cam Reddish. Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Lets get this straight.

We just beat the no. 13 team in the country (who was previously top 10) that are 44-2 at home, without our best player Zion Williamson for a whole half.

That was incredible. Absolutely incredible.

If you didn't believe in this team, you should now. They are special. No doubt about it.

The scary thing is there is so much room for improvement. We gave away so many points on poorly defended pick and rolls. We also missed some crucial free throws, which have been slowly improving.

This team is so fun to watch.

This is exactly the kind of game I've seen freshmen-led Duke teams of the last few years lose again and again. RJ is special, he'll have a brilliant career in the NBA. Cam stepped up with Zion out. This team will be tough to beat in March.

Absolutely awesome win!
    Maybe the best missed free throw of the year by Barrett as it turned the game in our favor. Go figure.
    Reddish! Wow!!!

That had to be a confidence booster for Cam. He had a great game.

I'll take the credit for this win folks! Today i climbed a volcano (Volcan Sta Maria in Guatemala, 3772m). The only play of the game that took place after firing up the ol' internet was Cam's 3 for the win.
    Looks like Duke got hot from 3 for the first time in a while, and we got essentially nothing from our big men.
    Always tough to win at FSU, so this one is pure gold!

I just want to share a text conversation I was having with my friend during this game (sorry if it's a bit blurry):

IMG_0180.jpg

I inadvertently predicted Cam would hit the game winner.

My friend told me to go buy a lottery ticket after the game ended

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I just want to share a text conversation I was having with my friend during this game (sorry if it's a bit blurry):

IMG_0180.jpg

He told me to go buy a lottery ticket after the game ended
    Nice call, Coach K(AzE)

The dog is still trembling and won't look at me.

Let's not forget two jumping into the three-point shooters.

If your glass is half full, pour the contents into a smaller glass and quit griping.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post

IMG_0180.jpg

My friend told me to go buy a lottery ticket after the game ended
    Blurry? Did you get poked in the eye or something?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I'll take the credit for this win folks! Today i climbed a volcano...
    Big deal!

I changed seats on the couch with my husband at the half.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Big deal!

I changed seats on the couch with my husband at the half.
    My son ran back to put his Kennard Jersey for the last play!!!!!!!!! Max gets partial credit.

Why it is okay to LOATHE ESPN...and their pander to Duke hate

They are featuring a video now that is titled "Controversial Call that Set Up Duke's Win." What a bunch of total horsesheeeeeeoooottttt

Clearly that ball was Duke ball....did NOT hit Jack White, period.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    They are featuring a video now that is titled "Controversial Call that Set Up Duke's Win." What a bunch of total horsesheeeeeeoooottttt

Clearly that ball was Duke ball...did NOT hit Jack White, period.
    Yep. And when Seth Greenberg did the Duke highlights during the Kansas game halftime, they did it again. They presented the highlight as the refs gave FSU the ball, but "the call was overturned and the ball given to Duke." Greenberg literally said "when you coach against Duke calls like that tend not to go your way." Pathetic. The ball was obviously Duke's on the replay. But Duke gets all the calls Duke-hate controversy gets more clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep. And when Seth Greenberg did the Duke highlights during the Kansas game halftime, they did it again. They presented the highlight as the refs gave FSU the ball, but "the call was overturned and the ball given to Duke." Greenberg literally said "when you coach against Duke calls like that tend not to go your way." Pathetic. The ball was obviously Duke's on the replay. But Duke gets all the calls Duke-hate controversy gets more clicks.
    Even more reason/s to despise greenburg now, like I needed any more. What a #$%^.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

How did Javin not come away with a single rebound today? 0 points. 0 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    How did Javin not come away with a single rebound today? 0 points. 0 rebounds.
    Between his total lack of boxing out fundamentals and his shaky hands...not surprising...I mean, why should someone who is 6-11 and a great natural leaper get any rebounds....??
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 01-12-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Between his total lack of boxing out fundamentals and his shaky hands...not surprising...
    But he didn't miss a shot today! Alaa is still quaking!

-jk

Between his total lack of boxing out fundamentals and his shaky hands...not surprising...I mean, why should someone who is 6-11 and a great natural leaper get any rebounds...??
    So true. His hands are terrible, especially on offense. He can only catch the ball when it’s thrown into his body. Him and Marques. I call him Javin De-throwaway if he tries to catch the ball with only his hands lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for the guy, but man he was frustrating to watch today.