Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

"I see everything twice!"

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    (as opposed to the character in Catch 22 who 'saw everything twice')
    +1 Outstanding literary reference!

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Can someone change the channel back to the Zion eye vigil network?
    You mean back to the Zeyeon vigil!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Okay folks this thread has drifted off in a negative direction. How about everyone getting back on topic. I expect us Mods will be deleting some posts to help the effort.

Thanks!
    Bob Green

Glad to help, Bob.

When should we realistically expect to know if he’ll play? Not till after warm-ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Glad to help, Bob.

When should we realistically expect to know if he’ll play? Not till after warm-ups?
    At tip-off.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    At tip-off.
    Cut’s not the only Secret Squirrel on campus.

(Hat tip to Budwom for the image)

Quote Originally Posted by dbduke View Post
    Hard to draw any conclusions from a single frame, but that photo does not look good. Doesn’t appear to be an “accident” at all.
    Had to have been an accident. No one in their right mind would have clawed Zion in the face on purpose!

Okay folks this thread has drifted off in a negative direction. How about everyone getting back on topic. I expect us Mods will be deleting some posts to help the effort.

Thanks!
    See <ahem>: Eye puns aren’t so turrrr-ible after all (when you consider the alternative).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Intent?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFalcon View Post
    It blows my mind this wasn't called a foul. The FSU player should have been ejected and suspended. When 6'7" 270lbs of solid muscle goes to the ground in pain, there is a pretty good chance that something bad happened.
    Absolutely malicious intent here. You don't go for a basketball with your hand in a gouging position, you have an open hand to grab it. Someone would be hard pressed to convince me that wasn't intentional.
    Intent in slo-mo or stop action is very misleading. Remember all the slo-mos of Grayson the last few years that showed he was in Dallas in 1963?

At tip-off.
    Or when he doesn’t check in.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Intent in slo-mo or stop action is very misleading. Remember all the slo-mos of Grayson the last few years that showed he was in Dallas in 1963?
    Or Hans-blah-blah getting his nose whacked in the Dome?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Had to have been an accident. No one in their right mind would have clawed Zion in the face on purpose!
    Zion was holding Forrest's fingers with his eyelids.

Superman wears Zion underwear !

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Right, but he went to make hard contact...out of control....and probably planning on getting called for the foul.

Thanks!
    This strikes me (in the eye?) as supercilious.

*ducks, runs

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    This strikes me (in the eye?) as supercilious.

*ducks, runs
    Pretty cornea joke there.

Eye hope Zion gets to play tomorrow. Eye hate to say it but when eye see the replay it's looks intentional to me. But what do eye know?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    .@DukeMBB will know the availability of Zion Williamson after their shoot around this afternoon. Devils host Syracuse tonight. @accmbb
    https://twitter.com/jgravleyWRAL/sta...76431392497666

Interesting, since other reports after the game had said he is fine. Didn't they have practices since then? Sending vEYEbes!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Dickie V has become just such an insufferable bore. "Just please God make him stop" is one of the more oft-screamed phrases heard in my home outside of the bedroom I share with my wife (elsewhere it's merely implied.) He's just gone way way way beyond tolerable. Every television remote should come with "Dickie V" button instead of a "mute" button. It's labeled with a icon of someone jamming an ice pick in their ears.
    Anyone want to help me invent and market a "V-Switch" for TV's?

A few years ago, I rigged up my Home Theater Receiver with a manual "V-Switch". Basically you rout the Rear Preamp Outputs to the Front Amp Inputs and remove the Center Channel Preamp Output Cable. What you hear is the Rear Program Material from a Dolby Digital Surround Program. It worked pretty well in that all you heard mostly was the crowd noise (er, the crazies) and the basketball and sometimes the players.

I also used this for NHL games to eliminate the Mike Emrick finger nails on chalkboard play-by-play from the broadcast. Sadly the broadcasters are cutting off most all of the Rear Channel content from their Dolby Surround signal or adding more of the Front Channel to the Rear, so this rigged up "V-Switch" does work anymore.

I’d pay a respectable sum of money to see Zion come out tonight wearing a pair of Horace Grant Rec Specs.