Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Excellent news CB&B
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by jakeha View Post
    From Twitter (FSU football reporter): Coach K said Zion had double vision coming out of halftime. He didn’t have any headaches or concussion-like symptoms. Coach K said Williamson was almost crying after the game in happiness that the team was still able to get the win without him.

What'd you expect, I Only Have Eyes For You?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    This picture makes it appear to be an intentional eye gouge. Will the ACC review it? Doubtful.
    Hahahahah-Hahahaha. That's hilarious Tru!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Shut the lids on this one, he's fine.

https://twitter.com/stevewisemanNC/s...tY7Yev5gflrNI8
    Called it!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

What'd you expect, I Only Have Eyes For You?

queue tons of eye songs...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    News Flash: ACC officials swallow their whistles in Tallahassee... film at 11.

-Jason "why should this year be any different from any other year when it comes to FSU thuggery?" Evans
    I'm debating whether that should be an F(inger)1 or F(inger) 2 foul.

What PoS reffing.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeha View Post
    From Twitter (FSU football reporter): Coach K said Zion had double vision coming out of halftime. He didn’t have any headaches or concussion-like symptoms. Coach K said Williamson was almost crying after the game in happiness that the team was still able to get the win without him.
    God I love that kid.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

This picture makes it appear to be an intentional eye gouge. Will the ACC review it? Doubtful.
    WWE-worthy!!

acc review it?

istockphoto-178864585-612x612.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Wheye not?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I would bet the house that he is fine. Just being overly precautious. And that excess precaution almost cost us the game. Just my opinion, and I'm sure plenty disagree. I'm used to watching UFC where guys routinely get poked in the eye and a doc does eye reflexes and clears them in 60 seconds. Eye pokes can be extremely serious, but he could have been safely cleared at halftime. I think he probably was from the halftime report given to Allison Williams. You think Zion sits the second half if that was the National Championship game with that same eye poke? I don't. I expect other teams to poke us in the eye some more if we're just going to sit players who are ok just to be overly precautious. I get that he is a generational talent with a bright future we're trying to protect. But I think the precautionary take is excessive. I just think we need wins like that because we have so many tougher games left in the ACC. We can't afford to piss away Losses when trying to earn a 1 seed with excessive overprecaution. If there is a legitimate concern somebody is injured - sure sit them. I don't think there was in this case, and it almost cost us the game. We got very lucky. Some costly free throws from Tre and Barrett almost got us this time.

But enjoy the win. Great confidence booster for Cam so it worked out.
    I wonder if you are just spouting off -- not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Also, no foul was called on the play. Can anyone spot a foul here:

Attachment 8942

face is part of the ball...right?

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    face is part of the ball...right?
    His hands were suspiciously like claws....kinda like Fred Sanford when he had his "author-itis" attacks...

Hard to draw any conclusions from a single frame, but that photo does not look good. Doesn’t appear to be an “accident” at all.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wheye not?

To avoid making a spectacle of yourself?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    No problems, he's entering the eye portal.
    So you see some light at the end of the tunn ... er, portal?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    If I posted my list, would it show off my eye queue?

Well, I don't believe there's anything in the rule book prohibiting eye contact.

I'll leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I would bet the house that he is fine. Just being overly precautious. And that excess precaution almost cost us the game. Just my opinion, and I'm sure plenty disagree. I'm used to watching UFC where guys routinely get poked in the eye and a doc does eye reflexes and clears them in 60 seconds. Eye pokes can be extremely serious, but he could have been safely cleared at halftime. I think he probably was from the halftime report given to Allison Williams. You think Zion sits the second half if that was the National Championship game with that same eye poke? I don't. I expect other teams to poke us in the eye some more if we're just going to sit players who are ok just to be overly precautious. I get that he is a generational talent with a bright future we're trying to protect. But I think the precautionary take is excessive. I just think we need wins like that because we have so many tougher games left in the ACC. We can't afford to piss away Losses when trying to earn a 1 seed with excessive overprecaution. If there is a legitimate concern somebody is injured - sure sit them. I don't think there was in this case, and it almost cost us the game. We got very lucky. Some costly free throws from Tre and Barrett almost got us this time.

But enjoy the win. Great confidence booster for Cam so it worked out.
    I hope you are right. If so, I respect the Duke staff for protecting this kid's health even if, in retrospect, it was overly cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I hope you are right. If so, I respect the Duke staff for protecting this kid's health even if, in retrospect, it was overly cautious.
    It wasn't just caution...he had double vision....you can't play that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dbduke View Post
    Hard to draw any conclusions from a single frame, but that photo does not look good. Doesn’t appear to be an “accident” at all.
    Watching the video in slo-mo, it almost looks intentional... hands are well past the ball and jabs directly into Zionz face.