Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Concussion protocol maybe?
    No problems, he's entering the eye portal.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Why did you Dad break Monte's nose?
    Always read the small print on your insurance policy.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Based on the way the prognosis changed so suddenly, at least according to the side-line reporting, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit woozy and they were keeping him out more for concussion precautions and less for his eye. You're always going to be more safe than sorry in those cases. But the way he was up and about towards the end of the game I'm not overly worried **KNOCKS ON ALL THE WOOD**
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    uNCheats have no pupils, is that why they lost today?
    Actually, no pupils or teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by SueAxe View Post
    His vision could have been blurry. Didn’t that happen to Bagley last year?
    Well, we are 2-0 when NPOY-caliber players sit out the second half after getting poked in the eye. I'll make sure Kedsy adds that to his stats repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Based on the way the prognosis changed so suddenly, at least according to the side-line reporting, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit woozy and they were keeping him out more for concussion precautions and less for his eye. You're always going to be more safe than sorry in those cases. But the way he was up and about towards the end of the game I'm not overly worried **KNOCKS ON ALL THE WOOD**
    That’s what I thought as well. Concussion-like symptoms possibly. He definitely wasn’t up much on the bench at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Also, no foul was called on the play. Can anyone spot a foul here:

i.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Actually, no pupils or teachers.
    Re-arrange the letters in teachers and it becomes perfectly clear when you're referring to "u"nc...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I would bet the house that he is fine. Just being overly precautious. And that excess precaution almost cost us the game. Just my opinion, and I'm sure plenty disagree. I'm used to watching UFC where guys routinely get poked in the eye and a doc does eye reflexes and clears them in 60 seconds. Eye pokes can be extremely serious, but he could have been safely cleared at halftime. I think he probably was from the halftime report given to Allison Williams. You think Zion sits the second half if that was the National Championship game with that same eye poke? I don't. I expect other teams to poke us in the eye some more if we're just going to sit players who are ok just to be overly precautious. I get that he is a generational talent with a bright future we're trying to protect. But I think the precautionary take is excessive. I just think we need wins like that because we have so many tougher games left in the ACC. We can't afford to piss away Losses when trying to earn a 1 seed with excessive overprecaution. If there is a legitimate concern somebody is injured - sure sit them. I don't think there was in this case, and it almost cost us the game. We got very lucky. Some costly free throws from Tre and Barrett almost got us this time.

But enjoy the win. Great confidence booster for Cam so it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Eye am what eye am.
    That's a strong response, DD.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I would bet the house that he is fine. Just being overly precautious. And that excess precaution almost cost us the game. Just my opinion, and I'm sure plenty disagree. I'm used to watching UFC where guys routinely get poked in the eye and a doc does eye reflexes and clears them in 60 seconds. Eye pokes can be extremely serious, but he could have been safely cleared at halftime. I think he probably was from the halftime report given to Allison Williams. You think Zion sits the second half if that was the National Championship game with that same eye poke? I don't. I expect other teams to poke us in the eye some more if we're just going to sit players who are ok just to be overly precautious. I get that he is a generational talent with a bright future we're trying to protect. But I think the precautionary take is excessive. I just think we need wins like that because we have so many tougher games left in the ACC. We can't afford to piss away Losses when trying to earn a 1 seed with excessive overprecaution. If there is a legitimate concern somebody is injured - sure sit them. I don't think there was in this case, and it almost cost us the game. We got very lucky. Some costly free throws from Tre and Barrett almost got us this time.

Thank you, Dr. Kevorkian.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Re-arrange the letters in teachers and it becomes perfectly clear when you're referring to "u"nc...
    Brilliant!!! LOL 😂

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

First time in 10 years I've given someone negative zporkz. You are wrong on every level. A team, and that's every team, can't be too protective of a player's eye or his or her brain. They don't grow back. And this game, in the grand scheme of things, was a meaningless game in January. A great win, one the team can learn from, but keeping Zion out was certainly the right decision by our staff.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Why did you Dad break Monte's nose?
    ...he was a Heel grad (way back in the pre cheat days)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

i.jpg
    News Flash: ACC officials swallow their whistles in Tallahassee... film at 11.

-Jason "why should this year be any different from any other year when it comes to FSU thuggery?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

i.jpg
    Don't let Teddy V. see that. He'll retroactively call Zion for a push off with the right arm.

i.jpg
    This picture makes it appear to be an intentional eye gouge. Will the ACC review it? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by SueAxe View Post
    His vision could have been blurry. Didn’t that happen to Bagley last year?
    Yes it did.

From Twitter (FSU football reporter): Coach K said Zion had double vision coming out of halftime. He didn’t have any headaches or concussion-like symptoms. Coach K said Williamson was almost crying after the game in happiness that the team was still able to get the win without him.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Shut the lids on this one, he's fine.

https://twitter.com/stevewisemanNC/s...tY7Yev5gflrNI8
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."