Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Duke as the Epitome of College Ball

Couldn't find another thread where this quite fit, but here's a neat detail I stumbled across today.

I happened to look at the wikipedia page for college basketball, and lo and behold, what is the photo they use at the top? The one image that conjures up the essence of college basketball, that comes to people's minds when they think of the sport?

800px-Defense.gov_photo_essay_120112-D-VO565-015.jpg

Beautiful. Glad to know we remain the vanguards of the sport, the best foot to put forward to the public.

And for those curious, here are some highlights from that game, a 61-58 win over #16 UVA. Plus I was there in the crowd!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Couldn't find another thread where this quite fit, but here's a neat detail I stumbled across today.

I happened to look at the wikipedia page for college basketball, and lo and behold, what is the photo they use at the top? The one image that conjures up the essence of college basketball, that comes to people's minds when they think of the sport?

800px-Defense.gov_photo_essay_120112-D-VO565-015.jpg

Beautiful. Glad to know we remain the vanguards of the sport, the best foot to put forward to the public.

And for those curious, here are some highlights from that game, a 61-58 win over #16 UVA. Plus I was there in the crowd!
    The original rules are a trip. (Tripping is illegal by the way. Says so in rule 5.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

epitome of cheating?

Given the seeming ubiquity of cheating that goes on, I think of duke as an exception to what has pervaded college ball lately
    1200. DDMF.