Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 133
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    We just need to hit some jumpshots.

    That eyepoke was ridiculous. How was that not called a foul. To make it worse the refs allowed florida state to play 5 on 4 and they hit a 3.

    Hopefully we come out aggressive and running. Credit to florida state who are doing a good job marking Tre really tightly and throwing us off our offense in half court.

    Jack White and Co. need to step up and hit some open jumpshots so that the lane doesnt get packed.
    Remarkable stat at half. Despite contesting every drive by Duke, FSU called for only 5 fouls.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Yes, FSU players are being allowed to maul Duke's players on every drive with impunity -- and in some cases, poke them in the eye -- but that double standard in officiating at the Leon County Civic Center is customary, so get used to it.
    Isn't it an automatic foul usually when you bring your arms down when going for a block? Seems like they do it everytime.

    But Duke is fine. Just an ugly 3 minute stretch but they'll be fine. Just have to find that one guy making those 3's and box out.
       

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Yes, FSU players are being allowed to maul Duke's players on every drive with impunity -- and in some cases, poke them in the eye -- but that double standard in officiating at the Leon County Civic Center is customary, so get used to it.
    This is one of the worst disparities I can remember. Canít believe the difference in the way the 2 ends are being called. I havenít checked the stats to see the free throw differential, but I imagine it is substantial.
       

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Summerville ,S.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    I've been to the game twice. Two years ago, I went with my 76 year old father and my mom. There was a little kid (like 5 or under) with his parents behind us, so I was reluctant to stand up. The guy in front of me stood up almost the whole time and twice I tapped him on the shoulder to ask him to sit down when there was no action so I could see. He yelled at me and then threatened my father...to the point that other fans stepped in. It was a horrible experience. The time before that, we had a blast (and Duke won--and I ran into my sorrority big sister who lives in Texas??!!). The crowd is loud, drinking and rowdy. Maybe not so much drinking at 2pm, but they are tuned up for this game. My job is based in Tallahassee, so I am there frequently and just got back from dropping my son off for spring semester at FSU. This game is all anyone can talk about sports wise, and certainly more interesting than politics! Expect a very very loud enthusiastic crowd. I also saw FSU at the Orange Bowl Classic over the holidays and they are HUGE in person. If Cofer is healthy (despite his too short and tight shorts), they are tough game.
    That doesn't surprise. Luckily I went in neutral clothes years ago.i wont go back
    .that and jrs git a hot head .I'm to old for that.besides the crowd. It's always physical there to fsu benefit .our guys will have to tough this one out literally.
       

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    This is one of the worst disparities I can remember. Canít believe the difference in the way the 2 ends are being called. I havenít checked the stats to see the free throw differential, but I imagine it is substantial.
    Nope. Duke with 7 fouls while FSU has 5.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Summerville ,S.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Isn't it an automatic foul usually when you bring your arms down when going for a block? Seems like they do it everytime.

    But Duke is fine. Just an ugly 3 minute stretch but they'll be fine. Just have to find that one guy making those 3's and box out.
    Not at that rathole .they have free reign.its been like that since sam Cassell was there.
       

  7. #87
    Reddish is playing really well today. Wonder why no Zion 4 minutes into the half even though he's on the bench...
       

  8. #88
    No idea how that wasn't an and one on Reddish transition layup.
       

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    No idea how that wasn't an and one on Reddish transition layup.
    Like I said, get used to it.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Reddish is playing really well today. Wonder why no Zion 4 minutes into the half even though he's on the bench...
    Got poked in the eye in the first half, on a legal poke ... according to the refs.
       

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Got poked in the eye in the first half, on a legal poke ... according to the refs.
    Hope heís ready next week.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Got poked in the eye in the first half, on a legal poke ... according to the refs.
    Yeah, guess he's not returning today.
       

  13. #93
    fsu probably one of the worst matchups for us.

    They just got long athletic shotblockers that stop us from getting in the lane. Especially when the refs dont call anything on a 7'4 guy mauling everyone, yet the minute Bolden breathes its a foul.

    We needed Jack and O'Connell to hit some 3's but both have been invisible today. We are just really tentative and poor in the half court right now. Not fast breaking and not running any semblance of an offence.

  14. #94
    TV Teddy hasn't had his moment in the spotlight yet. Wait for it.
       

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Hand certainly not out of hand, but something has to change.
       

  16. #96
    Some of the guys don't look prepared enough for this road game. We need to get the offence going somehow.

    That cofer guy just loves playing against us..when does he graduate!! He's probably 25 now.

    Hopefully Zion is ok. Can we put him back in already?

  17. #97
    Have the announcers said anything about Zion not being on the court. Now R. J. appears to be hurt. I'm getting depressed.

  18. #98
    We have let them dunk on us about 10 times today. Really bad defending on the pick and roll.

    They are just lobbing it up there off the pick and catching easy alley oops. Coach K needs to make the adjustments!

    We really miss Zion in those situations. Javin is also half asleep most of the time on those plays and has no clue.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by porkpa View Post
    Have the announcers said anything about Zion not being on the court. Now R. J. appears to be hurt. I'm getting depressed.
    Iím not sureóI had to mute Vitale.
       

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    We have to figure out a way to quit giving them easy alley-oops.
       

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 192
    Last Post: 11-27-2017, 12:05 AM
  2. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 07:53 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
  4. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 02-09-2015, 08:17 PM
  5. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •