Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 133
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Florida is the state with the lowest high point.

    Truth.
    Im sure....my wife is from there, and we have family in Orlando area, Cocoa Beach area, Naples and the Florida Keys...Islamorada specifically. So we visit most parts of the state...and have indeed visited the Red Neck Riviera. At one time thought about moving to Fairhope Alabama, near the RR.

    And speaking of lowest high point, the tours in Key West make a big deal about the "highest hill" in the town. You can hardly tell it's there...
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    he included some comments from Coach K following the 2004 Final Four loss to U.Conn that I don't recall ever having seen before (my guess is they were made privately/off-the-record but Feinstein felt safe using them now, or perhaps they were contemporaneously published and I'm just forgetting them) in which Coach K explicitly said that Jim Calhoun was working the refs that entire game with "Duke doesn't foul" and "Duke gets all the calls"-type comments and that, in Coach K's view, the refs "bought into it" and called the game in a manner that he believed was biased against Duke.
    .
    Heck yeah that's exactly what happened. Sometimes I wish the SID at Duke would release data that proves Duke does NOT "get all the calls." I've always thought that game was when Shav Randolph decided to leave college...all the college officials everywhere seemed to feel free to call fouls on him all the time. I'm thinking he said sceerrreewwww this after that game and turned pro.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Guessing this will be f$u's "bowl" game .

    I'd like to hear from some folks who have attended games there comment on the loudness and "quality" of the crowd (sobriety, too, I guess ) and other observations they've had over the last decade or so. From my TV-watching experience, not much has been favorable.
    I've been to the game twice. Two years ago, I went with my 76 year old father and my mom. There was a little kid (like 5 or under) with his parents behind us, so I was reluctant to stand up. The guy in front of me stood up almost the whole time and twice I tapped him on the shoulder to ask him to sit down when there was no action so I could see. He yelled at me and then threatened my father...to the point that other fans stepped in. It was a horrible experience. The time before that, we had a blast (and Duke won--and I ran into my sorrority big sister who lives in Texas??!!). The crowd is loud, drinking and rowdy. Maybe not so much drinking at 2pm, but they are tuned up for this game. My job is based in Tallahassee, so I am there frequently and just got back from dropping my son off for spring semester at FSU. This game is all anyone can talk about sports wise, and certainly more interesting than politics! Expect a very very loud enthusiastic crowd. I also saw FSU at the Orange Bowl Classic over the holidays and they are HUGE in person. If Cofer is healthy (despite his too short and tight shorts), they are tough game.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    I've been to the game twice. Two years ago, I went with my 76 year old father and my mom. There was a little kid (like 5 or under) with his parents behind us, so I was reluctant to stand up. The guy in front of me stood up almost the whole time and twice I tapped him on the shoulder to ask him to sit down when there was no action so I could see. He yelled at me and then threatened my father...to the point that other fans stepped in. It was a horrible experience. The time before that, we had a blast (and Duke won--and I ran into my sorrority big sister who lives in Texas??!!). The crowd is loud, drinking and rowdy. Maybe not so much drinking at 2pm, but they are tuned up for this game. My job is based in Tallahassee, so I am there frequently and just got back from dropping my son off for spring semester at FSU. This game is all anyone can talk about sports wise, and certainly more interesting than politics! Expect a very very loud enthusiastic crowd. I also saw FSU at the Orange Bowl Classic over the holidays and they are HUGE in person. If Cofer is healthy (despite his too short and tight shorts), they are tough game.
    Florida State football fans are rowdy, loud and likely to be indulging in adult beverages...all to the extreme. I think they duplicate this in basketball once a year...and that will be today. Probably lucky it won't be a later game...because crowds simply get more amped later in most cases...but it will be full, it will be hostile and yes, FSU with Cofer is very good and they are HUUUGE - which makes them a bad match up for Duke this season. Zion can fly over everybody, but the immense height will be a challenge for Jack, Javin, Marques, Cam and RJ...

    I"m not seeing 8 rebounds and 5 blocks for Jack today...for example.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    It should be interesting to see if any of FSU's height inside is bothersome to Zion...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It should be interesting to see if any of FSU's height inside is bothersome to Zion...
    I do not expect their height to bother Zion but I expect it will bother Bolden. I agree it will be interesting to observe.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    DBR Chat is open!

    If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

    As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

    Let's Go Duke!

    -jk

  8. #68
    That's a new one - ESPN moved the end of the Louisville game to ESPN News instead of the beginning of the Duke game.

  9. #69
    Reddish looks good today. Very aggressive. Zion getting mugged again inside with no call. Nothing new.

    Wonder if Tre is sick. Looks like he's dragging out there all game.
       

  10. #70
    Just gotta say, so great seeing Reddish playing well. He can really raise the ceiling on how good this team can be.

  11. #71
    That last Zion outlet was absurd.
       

  12. #72
    Is it just me, or are Zion and RJ getting mugged every time they drive to the basket? With no call. The same does not seem to apply on the other end.
       

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Is it just me, or are Zion and RJ getting mugged every time they drive to the basket? With no call. The same does not seem to apply on the other end.
    Yes, FSU players are being allowed to maul Duke's players on every drive with impunity -- and in some cases, poke them in the eye -- but that double standard in officiating at the Leon County Civic Center is customary, so get used to it.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Somebody remind Tre that heís not the #1 option on offense
       

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Is it just me, or are Zion and RJ getting mugged every time they drive to the basket? With no call. The same does not seem to apply on the other end.
    Itís as though zebras think mugging Zion doesnít count.

  16. #76
    From what I can see we look pretty bad...not how they are playing but I am trying to watch on my computer in a coffee shop and the wifi is terrible

    7 points with a couple of minutes and we go out on a 0-8 run to head to the locker room down a point - not good however. 3 point D could use some work.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Somebody remind Tre that heís not the #1 option on offense
    I want Tre taking those type of shots all day. Just missing them today.
       

  18. #78
    We just need to hit some jumpshots.

    That eyepoke was ridiculous. How was that not called a foul. To make it worse the refs allowed florida state to play 5 on 4 and they hit a 3.

    Hopefully we come out aggressive and running. Credit to florida state who are doing a good job marking Tre really tightly and throwing us off our offense in half court.

    Jack White and Co. need to step up and hit some open jumpshots so that the lane doesnt get packed.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I want Tre taking those type of shots all day. Just missing them today.
    Unlucky really. Just missing some wideopen midrange jump shots.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Down one to a sloppy bank shot 3. Tre missing shots he normally hits. A little sloppy with the ball. A lot of guys driving into 3 big guys and coming up empty.
       

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 192
    Last Post: 11-27-2017, 12:05 AM
  2. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 07:53 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
  4. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 02-09-2015, 08:17 PM
  5. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •